Picky Syrian Refugees

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Picky Syrian Refugees

Post by dontrump »

Poindexter wrote:Would be nice if Syria had a return policy because this one is obviously defective.

very true and very funny. I find most of these people to be of below average in intelligence for sure
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dontrump wrote:very true and very funny. I find most of these people to be of below average in intelligence for sure

You certainly picked an appropriate username.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

stay on topic please! thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

dontrump wrote: I find most of these people to be of below average in intelligence for sure

No overgeneralization or prejudicial stereotype taking place here :skippingsheep:
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Just in today, we will be getting some refugees here in Kelowna. I think that's just great. We have our homeless and now we have migrant workers.

Wonder, which group will pick this years fruit crop?

I'm wondering, with our shortage of low cost housing, just how long they will live in this area.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Ken7 wrote:Just in today, we will be getting some refugees here in Kelowna. I think that's just great. We have our homeless and now we have migrant workers.

Wonder, which group will pick this years fruit crop?

I'm wondering, with our shortage of low cost housing, just how long they will live in this area.

What if the low income housing isn't good enough for them? Should they simply trust us in getting them to pick fruit in an orchard? What if they've never googled an orchard? These are human beings you know!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The whole picking fruit thing bring back a few memories.

I did it. Mom insisted we earn money the hard slow way as to appreciate where money came from. This time, trees.
My dad picked fruit. He learned English, by getting out of a foreign language community.
His parents did. They didn't speak English and did not fit in the English business model of the day.

So why can't Syrians pick fruit?

Or anyone new here?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Queen K wrote:The whole picking fruit thing bring back a few memories.

I did it. Mom insisted we earn money the hard slow way as to appreciate where money came from. This time, trees.
My dad picked fruit. He learned English, by getting out of a foreign language community.
His parents did. They didn't speak English and did not fit in the English business model of the day.

So why can't Syrians pick fruit?

Or anyone new here?

Brings back memories for me as well. I grew up in the Fraser Valley and my first job (along with most of my friends' first jobs) was picking strawberries and cucumbers.

As to the fruit picking, far as I know - at least some 20 years ago - it was the job of choice for people applying for welfare who didn't have an address. Lots of people would come out here from Quebec and other provinces in the summertime, they were told to go pick fruit; and most of them did. Don't know if that is the case now. Now we have a generation of 'entitlement' babies it seems.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Never picked fruit but did most of what Saskatchewan farmers had to offer. Even walked through acres and acres of registered seed crops pulling weeds as they were only allowed so many weeds in an area to get the seed registered. Never worried about work being hard, dirty, boring or some how below me as you took what was available. I am getting sick and tired of people complaining about everything. You are not that privileged or you would not be out of work or leaving your home country. You should be damn happy someone will offer you a new life and take advantage of it. If you don't like it go back where you came from.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you got it :smt045 it really is that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Veovis wrote:War torn hell hole.....Winnipeg.

How is this a hard choice?

exactly. Worn torn hell hole it is.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gets better all the time https://ca.news.yahoo.com/syrian-refuge ... 08341.html

its hard finding a job, ya think , do what the rest of us had to do-it;s called job hunting
they say learning the language is a hurdle, do what millions before you had to do,learn it
Last edited by the truth on Apr 15th, 2016, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:gets better all the time https://ca.news.yahoo.com/syrian-refuge ... 08341.html

its hard finding a job, ya think , do what the rest of us has to do-it;s called job hunting
they say learning the language is a hurdle, do what millions before you had to do,learn it

How do you know she isn't job hunting? Should no one ever make complaints about not finding a job? Should we tell the oil patch workers to shut up too? You complain about how they are using our tax dollars to survive, but as soon as they want to find work and become tax payers themselves you also complain. I have a feeling that no matter what the refugees do you will always find a way to complain about it.

This woman obviously has some sort of medical education as she used to help with organ transplants in Syria. Wouldn't it be beneficial to help her figure out what credentials she needs to continue that line of work in Canada as we are always fighting for more nurses??

The young man who already speaks English and Arabic now needs to learn French because he was placed in Quebec and needs that language to be able to attend University in province. Which I have no idea why since I know a couple Canadians who don't speak French who went to McGill in Montreal. Wouldn't it be beneficial to use that language resource for someone who can't speak one of our languages at all???
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 15th, 2016, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 15th, 2016, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Canada”