Knife attack on Canadian soldiers, praise Allah

zzontar
Guru

Re: Knife attack on Canadian soldiers, praise Allah

Post by zzontar »

Jonrox wrote:Terrorists are literally the last thing you should worry about killing you.

I think more people are worried about the death of their culture.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... ous-group/

Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the overall world population between 2010 and 2050 and, in the second half of this century, will likely surpass Christians as the world’s largest religious group.

Islam Growing FastestWhile the world’s population is projected to grow 35% in the coming decades, the number of Muslims is expected to increase by 73% – from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.8 billion in 2050. In 2010, Muslims made up 23.2% of the global population. Four decades later, they are expected to make up about three-in-ten of the world’s people (29.7%).

What do you think will happen to the infidels once they are the minority? You should play the board game "Risk" sometime, talk about the writing being on the wall.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

JONROX, I listed two, there are more. And either you don't know about the two I mentioned or they are as insignificant to you as the rest of the lives lost by terrorism that you seem to think don't count.

It's obvious to me you have no interest in the truth and one has to ask why that would be. One has to also ask why you only think that lives in Canada (since 9/11) are even worthy of mentioning. VERY ODD criteria don't you think?

Why are you minimizing terrorist attacks by extremist ISLAMIC believers? Why are you disqualifying the 3,000 lives that WERE lost on 9/11 as if they aren't important because they don't support your position? Speaks volumes as to why you are an apologist for terrorists. Why wouldn't you include the 3,000 plus lives lost on 9/11 unless..............those lives were totally insignificant to you.

Your attitude towards this subject is quite mocking and flippant. I have my own thoughts on why that is. Carry on....
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

JONROX

Here, knock yourself out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46mIHEGHN0
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

15 years without a significant attack means one of two things... they've given up trying to attack on North American soil in a significant way or we're incredibly effective at thwarting their attacks. Either way, the threat to us here in Canada is non-existent. That's why we have no need to worry about being killed by Islamic terrorists.

I'm not denying that Islamic terrorists exist, nor am I denying that they aren't a significant threat in certain parts of the world. My point is that they aren't a real threat to you, me, or the rest of Canadian citizens living in Canada. There is absolutely no reason for us to fear being killed by them. Zero. To say anything different is blatant fear-mongering.
Last edited by Jonrox on Mar 16th, 2016, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Never once did I say not to prosecute terrorists. I believe they deserve to die if they attack us. Waterboard the dirtbag if they want... I'm good with it. Accidents happen... maybe he'll fall down some stairs... I hear people might even die if that happens.

What you're failing to understand is that the chances of that "if" are infinitesimally small. I'd want them put to death if they attacked us on our home soil, if only we still had the death penalty. All I'm saying is that we have absolutely no reason to fear being killed by them. There's nothing more to be read into what I'm saying.

Being afraid of Islamic terrorists is ridiculous if you're a Canadian living in Canada. If it's you or your loved ones dying that you're afraid of, you have more reason to be afraid of staircases and cows than you do terrorists.
Last edited by Jonrox on Mar 16th, 2016, 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

pepsilover wrote:JONROX, I listed two, there are more. And either you don't know about the two I mentioned or they are as insignificant to you as the rest of the lives lost by terrorism that you seem to think don't count.
Why wouldn't you include the 3,000 plus lives lost on 9/11 unless..............those lives were totally insignificant to you.. Carry on....

It's far from the PC thing to say, but those two attacks are insignificant. The number of deaths from those attacks is barely a blip on the radar... whether comparing them to total US deaths by all causes or comparing them to the worldwide total of deaths caused by terrorists. We simply overreact and buy into the media hype when they happen because we think those things aren't supposed to happen to us and especially not on our own soil.

A bomb explodes outside a hospital in Iraq and kills dozens of people and you likely don't even think twice about it. It doesn't even register. You probably don't even click on the link to read the story. You likely can't recall a specific attack in the Middle East, the date it happened, the city, or the number of people killed. You need to look it up on Wikipedia. But you can remember two attacks that killed a small number of Americans. Why is that? Is it because you think American lives are worth more? Or is it that you don't care because "those things are supposed to happen in the Middle East"?

If you were a Syrian, Afghani, or Iraqi citizen you're damn well right you should be worried about terrorists. But you're lucky enough to live in Canada where these things don't happen.

And my whole point is that since 9/11 either the terrorists have stopped trying to attack us on our own soil or we're great at stopping the attacks. That's why we as regular citizens have no reason to worry... our governments/military/etc. are protecting us so that we don't need to worry. Terrorists are not a cause of Canadian deaths worth worrying about.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jonrox wrote:A bomb explodes outside a hospital in Iraq and kills dozens of people and you likely don't even think twice about it. It doesn't even register. You probably don't even click on the link to read the story. You likely can't recall a specific attack in the Middle East, the date it happened, the city, or the number of people killed. You need to look it up on Wikipedia. But you can remember two attacks that killed a small number of Americans. Why is that? Is it because you think American lives are worth more? Or is it that you don't care because "those things are supposed to happen in the Middle East"?.

So lives here don't matter? The global situation has been changing on a downhill factor for a long time. 9-11 and it's reaction didn't help reduce attitudes to North America. Likely made them worse but it's the "asshat hit me scenario" reflex says hit back.

Now currently we have in Canada an overreaction the other way of, "let them do what they want so we sound tolerant"

You call stats, yet ignore reality of the fact that attacks are increasing globally. People aren't scared about tomorrow, but many think about 5-10-20 years from now. When it becomes apparent that things have gone to far, it will be far to late.

Tolerance and acceptance is a good thing. Murder with excuse and acceptance is bad.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Nowhere did I excuse murder. I've said the exact opposite several times.

I'm not denying that attacks worldwide aren't increasing. There are parts of the world that people should be terrified to live in - but Canada isn't one of them. In fact, in most of the countries experiencing the frequent attacks you would have more reason to fear Muslim terrorists if you were Muslim yourself.

It's the fear-mongering saying that Canadians should be scared of Muslim terrorists that I have a problem with. It's just not true or helpful.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jonrox wrote:Nowhere did I excuse murder. I've said the exact opposite several times.

I'm not denying that attacks worldwide aren't increasing. There are parts of the world that people should be terrified to live in - but Canada isn't one of them. In fact, in most of the countries experiencing the frequent attacks you would have more reason to fear Muslim terrorists if you were Muslim yourself.

It's the fear-mongering saying that Canadians should be scared of Muslim terrorists that I have a problem with. It's just not true or helpful.

And that's where you have gone wrong. You feel people shouldn't be scared of terrorists. All people should be scared of terrorists. People however don't need to be scared of Muslims. Muslims aren't bad, nor are Christians, or Atheists, however there is currently a dominant faction of those sects that are really gung ho about killing people.

You call, "hey this is a concern" as "fear mongering" when in reality it is "look at the planet and take note".

A big part isn't that people accept that a religious sect is getting more and more violent, the problem is that to sound "tolerant" they are allowed to do as such and be defended. You know, because it's PC right now.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I'm not denying that Islamic terrorists exist, nor am I denying that they aren't a significant threat in certain parts of the world. My point is that they aren't a real threat to you, me, or the rest of Canadian citizens living in Canada. There is absolutely no reason for us to fear being killed by them. Zero. To say anything different is blatant fear-mongering.

That the threat of terrorism is as you say significant in other parts of the world but that Canada is a virtual "safe zone" because "only 2" Canadian citizens have been killed in the past by identifiable terrorists, what about yours and my freedom to visit places like Paris or Stockholm or Berlin or Africa or Saudi Arabia or countless other previously safe destinations?

Do you think that the odds of being affected by global terrorism haven't increased significantly (your word remember Cletus) or do you stand by your statements that indicate that I now have to look warily at every cow I come in contact with?

Do you honestly believe that we have become so good at thwarting terrorist attempts at gaining entry into our country that we are immune? Remember, our crack transportation security experts allowed a teenager to fly to Mexico with a pipe bomb in his back pack.

I have no interest in going back in this thread to see if I ever used the word fear but I don't think I did and I certainly didn't proclaim to be afraid. My entire point is that where we are today, right now is worlds away from the country we used to live in not so long ago.

we are actively encouraging the immigration of thousands of people from one of the most dangerous places on the planet and we know for a certainty that people who can be classified as terrorists have blended themselves into these groups in attempts to gain access to countries where they can continue the movement.

That is different from where we were.

I wouldn't imagine that the odds of me personally being caught in a terrorist attack are terribly high but to say that they are non-existent is foolish.

The idea that this wave is gaining global momentum while compartmentalized in my mind hasn't changed the way I go about my day to day either.

However, when I am traveling outside of Canada in an airplane, I absolutely think more about it because blowing up planes is a great bang for buck proposition for radicals.

It hasn't stopped me from traveling though.

Thousands of my fellow Canadians are terrified to go to Mexico. I am not one of them but I do understand why Mexico in recent years has become a destination where bad stuff has happened in large numbers.

What do you suppose the odds are of getting killed by a drug dealer in a fire fight in Mexico are? Not high but certainly worth at least being aware of.

To deny the threat of terrorism or to dismiss it because of actuarial science is foolish.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You are 100% right mexicali. It's called being smart and looking after yourself. Many people are scared of flying but you are much more likely to die in your car going down town than in an airplane. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take smart precautions to minimize your dangers.

I think more than looking at what has happening in North America for the last 10 or 15 years we should be looking at what has happened in Europe and area in the last 10 years. I'm sure lots of people 15 to 20 years ago were saying all the Middle East trouble will never come here, but look at it now. Just a year or 2 ago they would probably never have believed that what is happening now could happen and no where as fast as it has. I realize that it will not happen here in that way for many reasons, but that does not mean that things cannot happen and that we should not be vigilant and prepared or we will be caught by surprise. Then it will all be hindsight. I believe better safe than sorry. Not scared, not fearful, but smart.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The ONLY point I was making is that Canadians living in Canada have no reason to fear a terrorist attack. The past 15 years show that for all intents and purposes, Canada is immune from attacks. Either we're thwarting those attacks or they're not trying to attack us. That's indisputable.

Paris, Stockholm, Berlin, and Saudi Arabia are still safe to visit. You're still free to go there as well. Deaths caused by terrorist attacks in those cities and countries are incredibly low. The numbers prove it. Like I said previously... if you're a Syrian, Afghani, or Iraqi living in those countries you have a legitimate reason to be concerned. But if you're Canadian living on Canadian soil you have absolutely no reason for the slightest concern.

You have a better chance of winning the LottoMax jackpot TWICE before dying from a terrorist attack. Again, the numbers prove it.

You guys are playing right into the hands of the media/government/etc... that sensationalize these attacks and breed fear.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Smurf wrote:You are 100% right mexicali. It's called being smart and looking after yourself. Many people are scared of flying but you are much more likely to die in your car going down town than in an airplane. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take smart precautions to minimize your dangers.

I think more than looking at what has happening in North America for the last 10 or 15 years we should be looking at what has happened in Europe and area in the last 10 years. I'm sure lots of people 15 to 20 years ago were saying all the Middle East trouble will never come here, but look at it now. Just a year or 2 ago they would probably never have believed that what is happening now could happen and no where as fast as it has. I realize that it will not happen here in that way for many reasons, but that does not mean that things cannot happen and that we should not be vigilant and prepared or we will be caught by surprise. Then it will all be hindsight. I believe better safe than sorry. Not scared, not fearful, but smart.

And obviously the people protecting our country are doing their job. Not once did I say we shouldn't be doing anything. I'm saying we have no reason to fear terrorists attacking us on Canadian soil. There are numerous members posting here that think we should be concerned and scared about being killed by terrorists. "WE" (i.e. you and me and all of the other regular-everyday citizens) shouldn't be because either they're not trying to attack us or the measures being taken are working.

Telling people they should be scared of terrorists here is ridiculous. Although the internet is great, the spread of information has created a huge number of paranoid delusionals. That, or we're so self important that we think terrorists actually want to attack us. Honestly, here in Kelowna who do we think we are that even if they wanted to conduct an attack on Canadian soil that it would happen here?
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Jonrox wrote:
A bomb explodes outside a hospital in Iraq and kills dozens of people and you likely don't even think twice about it. It doesn't even register. You probably don't even click on the link to read the story. You likely can't recall a specific attack in the Middle East, the date it happened, the city, or the number of people killed. You need to look it up on Wikipedia. But you can remember two attacks that killed a small number of Americans. Why is that? Is it because you think American lives are worth more? Or is it that you don't care because "those things are supposed to happen in the Middle East"?

You might want to back that up. In fact it is me that put in a thread in this very forum about the attacks on the Ivory Coast recently wondering why nobody is talking about those - INCLUDING YOU apparently. So don't go telling me what I do and don't stand for. Go look for the thread and respond then get back to me. As it is there are numerous lefties rambling on about Bush and America instead of giving a damn about those killed by terrorists on the Ivory Coast of Africa.

I posted only two attacks, American ones, because that was YOUR criteria. Now quit trying to put me on the defensive as it's a waste of time, your time as well as mine. And I'll thank you not to attempt to tell me who I am or what I believe. Try reading. It's all here.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 17th, 2016, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop making it personal!

Return to “Canada”