Walks on Forum Water

Justin Trudeau: A leader with no parade

Post by Gone_Fishin »

MARGARET WENTE

The Globe and Mail
Published Tuesday, Mar. 15, 2016 6:00AM EDT
Last updated Tuesday, Mar. 15, 2016 6:09AM EDT

The President of the United States adores you. He throws a state dinner in your honour and cracks friendly jokes. He gives you a 19-gun salute. The mainstream media are in a swoon over the bromance. They hail you as the anti-Trump. You get your picture on the front page of The New York Times and The Washington Post. As the Canadian press corps giddily take selfies in the White House, influential think tanks call you a global leader in the progressive movement.

It doesn’t get better than this. As Barack Obama said, “What’s not to like?”

Justin Trudeau should savour the moment while it lasts. A year from now, Mr. Obama will be working on his library and someone else will be in the White House – God only knows who. The reality is that the progressive movement is in crisis around the world. Things aren’t looking all that sunny back home, either.

More on this here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/ ... e29220490/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Justin Trudeau: A leader with no parade

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Gone_Fishin » 12 minutes ago

IMO the author is quite accurate as to what has gone on during the first five months of Prime Minister Trudeau's "reign".

Lots of flash and camera appeal but not much substance to support the attention he initially attracted, Too much theory and not enough real life knowledge or experience as clearly displayed by the still ongoing mess regarding the "refugees" who are still being shuffled around. Also the 363 free tickets issued to Paris France for a routine meeting that could have been handled by half a dozen government workers with real world knowledge instead of untested theories. Making big announcements about both legalizing and decriminalizing THC marijuana and then backtracking into having another useless study done did not help his image as a capable leader either.

He can still recover but he is going to gain a lot of real life knowledge in one hell of a hurry or it is going to be a long three and a half years for tax paying Canadians.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I don't think it's theoretical at all. It is funny that you label anything you don't agree with as theory, while everything you do as reality when in truth, that isn't the case at all.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby FreeRights » 13 minutes ago

I don't think it's theoretical at all. It is funny that you label anything you don't agree with as theory, while everything you do as reality when in truth, that isn't the case at all.

Is it reality to say you are going to bring in 25,000 "Syrian" refugees into Canada even though the security clearances and medical clearances could not possibly be safely done in in the "by christmas" time period initially stated ??

Is it reality to have refugees sent to Vancouver and then just recently have to send them to Kelowna and Revelstoke because you suddenly realize that the price of housing in Vancouver is the highest in the world, when most of Canada knows that ??

Is it reality to announce, in January, that the unheated Summer Camp Army accommodation in Vernon is going to be used to house refugees for a period of time ??

Is it reality to say you are going to both decriminalize and legalize THC marijuana if elected, when they mean entirely different things ??

Is it reality to, after you are elected say that you are going to cause another study to be done to determine the effects of legalizing or decriminalizing THC marijuana ??

Is it reality to saddle the taxpayers with the price of sending 383 people to a one week meeting in Paris France when six experienced government employees would have sufficed ??

They and many more like them, sound like a person with an untried theory and little real life knowledge has started with a theory that had little relationship to the real world.

It is why I say that to date Prime Minister Trudeau is a man with lots of theories by very little real life knowledge or substance.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 16th, 2016, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

This is a really interesting part of the article.

That’s what Mr. Trudeau believes, too. He is a model Third Way politician. His ideas still have plenty of appeal in Canada, which was spared the worst of the post-2008 slump. But they have increasingly been rejected elsewhere, because progressive politics did not, in fact, deliver the goods. Progressives have had no answers to the recession of 2008, to the wildly uneven effects of globalization, or to a new era of slower growth that may now be a long-term fact of life. In Britain, the Third Way was washed away by a left-wing leader who’s a lot loonier than Bernie Sanders.

As charming as he is, Mr. Trudeau has no answers. His entire approach to these dilemmas is to assure us that if we all pull together and make everyone feel included, everything will be okay. I don’t blame him for that – no one else has the answers, either. But no one should mistake him for the face of the future. He’s the face of the past.

I've been saying that despite his facade of hipster ways, Justin is simply an extension of the corrupt, scandal-ridden, malfeasant politicians from Liberal governments of days gone by.

And it's true. He's being ruled by filthy rich elitists who have positioned themselves to profit greatly from the AGW fraud, the green alternative fraud, and the poverty pimp businesses.

Where do you think the $30 billion in extra spending is going this year? To working families? Really? You think that?

Wake up, Canada.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

Rwede wrote:
Where do you think the $30 billion in extra spending is going this year? To working families? Really? You think that?

Wake up, Canada.

Why keep bringing up the spending this year? We're still actually on Harpers 2015 budget...of which a deficit will be had due to the fall of oil.
Where will the extra spending be going? Into infrastructure and social programs which have been neglected...so yeah, it's going to help working families...which is a whole lot better than corporate handouts and tax cuts to companies already recording record profits while laying people off and paying minimum wage anyways.

What's the point on constantly repeating 'Justin is spending $30Billion!'...when that number hasnt even been announced yet...it's actually closer to $20B at the moment.
Did it not bother you when Harper had deficits of 61.27B followed by 36.12B followed by 27.82B followed by 18.91B?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 16th, 2016, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 16th, 2016, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Quoting Margaret Wente? You know she is a professional troll right? She writes editorials with the sole purpose of eliciting an angry response. She will even backtrack on her own words if there is suddenly a new less popular opinion to rile people up over.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2016, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't start!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2016, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

At times PM Trudeau must feel like the egocentric General who marched off toward the east with his troops, only to find a few hours later when he looked behind him that most of the troops had headed west.

Or St Patrick marching across Ireland with a number of (political) snakes behind him >>>
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

GREAT article, and lookie here, from your article (for those too lazy to actually read it):

"As Mr. Trudeau gushes on about refugees and climate change, Canadians have grown anxious. Economic confidence has plunged to its lowest point in 20 years, according to a new Ipsos poll. Last July, 65 per cent of us were optimistic about the economy. Today, only 36 per cent of us are optimistic. Broad swaths of Canada are on the ropes. Alberta has been badly wounded. Newfoundland is a basket case again. New Brunswick is being likened to Greece, without the charm. “The collapse of commodity prices, particularly oil, is starting to dig into people’s own lives,” Ipsos chief Darrell Bricker told Global News. “This is now having a real impact on individuals.”

LOL shocker!! Only 36% are optimistic about the economy now, and some of those are libs who fancy themselves to be 'pot entrepreneurs'.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

pepsilover wrote:GREAT article, and lookie here, from your article (for those too lazy to actually read it):

"As Mr. Trudeau gushes on about refugees and climate change, Canadians have grown anxious. Economic confidence has plunged to its lowest point in 20 years, according to a new Ipsos poll. Last July, 65 per cent of us were optimistic about the economy. Today, only 36 per cent of us are optimistic. Broad swaths of Canada are on the ropes. Alberta has been badly wounded. Newfoundland is a basket case again. New Brunswick is being likened to Greece, without the charm. “The collapse of commodity prices, particularly oil, is starting to dig into people’s own lives,” Ipsos chief Darrell Bricker told Global News. “This is now having a real impact on individuals.”

LOL shocker!! Only 36% are optimistic about the economy now, and some of those are libs who fancy themselves to be 'pot entrepreneurs'.

Good point. The JustinLiberals fanbois will try to blame someone else, but the reality is that consumers have reined in spending as they fear that selfie tours and climate change BS aren't going to put food on the table.

Justin has plunged the country into an economic disaster. He's just not ready to lead Canada.

Return to “Canada”