No DUI charge

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: No dui charge

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:zero tolerance would fix this in a heartbeat .

Veovis wrote:Would that make a difference if a judge is just going to toss it out anyways though?

In this case the police, did not do their due diligence to insure a conviction.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Skyway crash: Judge finds truck driver guilty of dangerous driving
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.3500922
Shared via the CBC News Android App

guilty of dangerous driving but everything else tossed .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

erinmore3775 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/skyway-mar-17-1.3495941

The judge in this case has ruled that the breath evidence along with the contaier containing 42% ethyl alcohol, found in the truck cab are both admissable.

" Justice Fred Campling agreed that Rai's charter rights were breached while he was held in the police car, but even so, the officers were dealing with a unique set of circumstances. "In my view, the overall conduct of the officers was amazingly good," Campling said. Basing his judgment on a previous Supreme Court ruling with a similar set of circumstances, he ruled the detainment was not arbitrary or unlawful, and the evidence against him should remain.The smell of alcohol on your breath "is important evidence against you, particularly coupled with the finding of a liquid in your truck that was 42 per cent ethyl alcohol."

It seems to me that "justice" for all concerned is being served.

this is false . his court trial is over today and he was just charged with dangerous driving . everything else thrown out
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Things are not always as simple as they first appear and anyone with experience and average intelligence realizes that fact.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

lesliepaul wrote:You do not become impaired the moment alcohol touches your lips (like some here want to believe). Depending on the persons size, food eaten, etc. Someone who has 3 "doubles" in 20 minutes then drives home in 10 minutes is not impaired in MANY situations. Studies have shown 30 minutes to even an hour after drinking before registering over the limit or better yet, an accurate reading. By the police WAITING that long there is a chance the readings will be higher. It's called SCIENCE.

correct and that's why the guy beat the rap all cops with even 1/2 a brain know the law.Must immeadiatly present a breath sample and then another after 20 minutes
I could swallow 6 beer in 30 minutes(actually can do it quicker) and then blow and will not be over 08 but wait a hour or 2 and I will be

Return to “Canada”