Rob Ford dead after battle with cancer

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Rob Ford dead after battle with cancer

Post by oneh2obabe »

Rob Ford, the Toronto city councillor who became the world’s most famous mayor during a wild, scandal-filled term, is dead at age 46.

The married father of two young children died after 18 months of treatment for a rare and aggressive cancer first diagnosed in the midst of his 2014 bid to be re-elected mayor. Ford would have turned 47 on May 28.

A brief statement from the Ford family announcing the death Tuesday described the former mayor as a “dedicated man of the people” who “spent his life serving the citizens of Toronto.”

“The family will not be making any statements to the media or taking any questions,” the statement said.

Full article
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/03 ... ancer.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Rob Ford dead after battle with cancer

Post by Rwede »

I think Rona Ambrose's statement sums up the feelings of the majority of Canadians quite well:

Hon. Rona Ambrose

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Rob Ford after a long battle with cancer.

Rob Ford was a tireless fighter for the taxpayer and a true advocate for the people he represented. His goal was to serve the people of Toronto the best way he knew how. He was well known for personally engaging with constituents and trying to solve the many problems they face on a daily basis.

Despite the challenges he fought and the controversies he faced, it is my sincere hope that Canadians will remember Rob Ford for his enduring love for his community and country, and his dedication to his constituents.

On behalf of the Official Opposition and the Conservative Party of Canada, I offer my deepest condolences to the entire Ford family as they deal with this painful loss.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

wow 46, so young, so sad.

RIP
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

I say good riddance. This joker blatantly hung out with known drug users, he was an embarrassment to many. Listening to the media laugh and call him the "crack smoking mayor". Honestly something to be remembered for? People need to give their head a shake.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

prairieflower wrote:I say good riddance. This joker blatantly hung out with known drug users, he was an embarrassment to many. Listening to the media laugh and call him the "crack smoking mayor". Honestly something to be remembered for? People need to give their head a shake.

Wow. You wish death on a person that suffered from an addiction.

I hope someone in your family never struggles with alcoholism, drug addiction, or any other disease, as you'll be wishing death on them too.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I won't say anything derogatory about him but I also can't think of anything positive either.
Condolences to his family.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Rwede wrote:Wow. You wish death on a person that suffered from an addiction.

I hope someone in your family never struggles with alcoholism, drug addiction, or any other disease, as you'll be wishing death on them too.

What's with these leftists?

I wish no death on anyone.... I said good riddance. Tired of hearing the media glamorize the schmuck. I have had family member addicted to drugs and alcohol and have been sober for many, many years. I have a husband and father who are cancer survivors, so I know what it is like to go through this.

No one deserves to get cancer, but he is simply one person I am not sorry to see go away from the media. He was also glamorized in the media about his "addictions", that never should have happened. This is my opinion and I have a right to it.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

prairieflower wrote:I say good riddance. This joker blatantly hung out with known drug users, he was an embarrassment to many. Listening to the media laugh and call him the "crack smoking mayor". Honestly something to be remembered for? People need to give their head a shake.

These words are an embarrassment. He did a lot of great things for the city of Toronto while battling his demons.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to Ford Family and Friends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

prairieflower wrote:

I wish no death on anyone.... I said good riddance. Tired of hearing the media glamorize the schmuck. I have had family member addicted to drugs and alcohol and have been sober for many, many years.

I'm guessing your sober, addicted family member would have more understanding and less judgment of Rob Ford's addiction than you apparently do. Maybe a trip to an Al-Anon meeting is in order for you.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I have zero love or respect for David Suzuki but when he eventually goes I hope I have the grace and class to NOT say anything remotely close to the above about him. He's still a human being, despite all of the horrible things he says and does. For shame.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

prairieflower wrote:I say good riddance.

So you are happy (good riddance) someone has died so you don't have to watch them on the TV anymore?

You know you have 100% power over what you watch right?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

While a person is alive I may criticize(/make fun of) them (public figure), once they have passed on I may think it. Sure would not say it, definitely not on a online forum.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

rip big guy.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To me Rob Ford is one example of the dozens and dozens, if not thousands of young and middle aged men and women who are dying of cancer, all over Canada.

He's the most public face of it.

And if those stricken with cancer are not dead now, they will be, palliative soon at any rate.

Has anyone else here opened up the obits and seen for themselves the ages of those gone? 54 and 56 just yesterday. But there's more, a lot more, just go down the obits for Kelowna alone and start looking at the ages. 40 - 65, cancer usually.

RIP Rob Ford, you were all kinds of things, but never boring.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”