Trudeau's Idle New Year's Eve Plane $50K U-PAY

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trudeau's Idle New Year's Eve Plane $50K U-PAY

Post by The Green Barbarian »

K_teela wrote:
I guess you forgot about this:

no, I just am trying to figure out why you are apologizing for the Shiny Pony costing the taxpayers $50K to leave the government jet idling on the tarmac while he partied in Nevis. Why are you doing this? Why? Is your partisan blindness so thick that you are willing to excuse such blatant waste of tax payer dollars? Just disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Is your partisan blindness so thick that you are willing to excuse such blatant waste of tax payer dollars? Just disgusting.

Sane question to you - is your partisan blindness so thick that you are willing to excuse such blatant waste of taxpayer dollars by practically every other PM in history (if not all of them?)

Just disgusting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GangstaTurtle wrote:
Sane question to you - is your partisan blindness so thick that you are willing to excuse such blatant waste of taxpayer dollars by practically every other PM in history (if not all of them?)

Is that the actual topic of this thread? If so, then by all means, discuss it. I'm just curious why you partisan blindered Trudeau fanbois just see no issue with this blatant and disgusting waste, and go into all kinds of contortions just to excuse it. Are you really that brain-washed?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:[

I'm just curious why you partisan blindered Trudeau fanbois just see no issue with this blatant and disgusting waste, and go into all kinds of contortions just to excuse it. Are you really that brain-washed?

I'm just curious why you partisan blinded Harper fanbois see no issue with any of his disgusting waste and go into all kinds of contortions to just excuse it.

Are you really that brain-washed?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GangstaTurtle wrote:
I'm just curious why you partisan blinded Harper fanbois see no issue with any of his disgusting waste and go into all kinds of contortions to just excuse it.

Are you really that brain-washed?

Is this the topic we are discussing? I didn't realize that. I thought we were talking about the shiny pony's waste of $50K to leave his taxpayer-funded jet idling on the tarmac in Nevis. Why the deflection? Are you embarrassed to even discuss this waste? Why?
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Is this the topic we are discussing? I didn't realize that. I thought we were talking about the shiny pony's waste of $50K to leave his taxpayer-funded jet idling on the tarmac in Nevis. Why the deflection? Are you embarrassed to even discuss this waste? Why?

Harper's waste was brought up in comparison to Trudeau's and you were asked distinct questions that you never answered in favor of calling people partisan-blinded fanbois.

Why the deflection? Are you embarrassed to even discuss Harper's waste? Why?
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

Maybe I can put this issue to bed - due to current policies the Prime Minister will cost taxpayers money anytime he / she is out of country on personal time. This expense is non partisan - it would be the same for Liberal, NDP and Conservative leaders. Hope this helps.
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

no, I just am trying to figure out why you are apologizing for the Shiny Pony costing the taxpayers $50K to leave the government jet idling on the tarmac while he partied in Nevis. Why are you doing this? Why? Is your partisan blindness so thick that you are willing to excuse such blatant waste of tax payer dollars? Just disgusting.

Not once have I 'apologized' for Trudeau, why don't you find out where I've done that...otherwise refrain from putting words into other peoples mouths...why is this something you like to constantly accuse people of?

Still very little comment from you regarding the millions of dollars spent flying VIPs around with our previous government, and instead more deflection onto what the Liberals have done. If you don't agree with PMs using taxpayer dollars for travel, then why aren't you upset with the Conservatives use of these funds as well.

I'm not the one with partisan blindness, I'm not the one here accusing one party of doing something that another party has done for years. I'm not the one who berates anyone who isnt affiliated with my favorite parties views, I didnt even vote for Liberals.

Now if you came out and said, all government parties should try to be more reasonable with their use of taxpayer funds for travels..that would be non-partisan...but you defend/ignore the fact that the CPC has done this same thing, meanwhile attacking Liberals for it. You are the one here with these 'blind partisan' views that you love to accuse others of.

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why the deflection? Are you embarrassed to even discuss this waste? Why?

Why are you refusing to talk about the 'waste' of taxpayer funds by Conservatives as well? You ignore the facts brought up, and continue to deflect onto Liberals doing the same thing (however at a level of $50k, rather than the millions the CPC has spent). Are you embarrassed to even discuss this?
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

frazdog wrote:Maybe I can put this issue to bed - due to current policies the Prime Minister will cost taxpayers money anytime he / she is out of country on personal time. This expense is non partisan - it would be the same for Liberal, NDP and Conservative leaders. Hope this helps.

Exactly. If people take issue with taxpayer funds being used to travel, the argument should be directed to all government parties. It's always been this way, it always will be.

Could the government be more frugal? Probably, but this isn't a one party problem. At least so far, this hasn't been used for leisure with our current government.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GangstaTurtle wrote:
Harper's waste was brought up in comparison

why was Harper's costs a "waste"? Was his jet idling on the tarmac in Nevis? That's the issue here, *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 23rd, 2016, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop with the insults.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote:Maybe I can put this issue to bed - due to current policies the Prime Minister will cost taxpayers money anytime he / she is out of country on personal time. This expense is non partisan - it would be the same for Liberal, NDP and Conservative leaders. Hope this helps.

Ok - but there is a bigger issue here:

What’s worse is that Canadian taxpayers are on the hook for $50,000 so the prime minister could enjoy his ‘sunny ways,’” the Barrie—Springwater—Oro-Medonte MP said.

He continued: “Fifty thousand is just the bill for the private plane to sit on the tarmac. How much more will the Canadian taxpayer have to shell out for this prime minister’s private Caribbean vacation?”

Trudeau’s family vacationed for 10 days on the tropical island, renting villas at an exclusive resort.

Trudeau obviously has a taste for blowing taxpayer cash on holidays, so how much more of this big Nevis party was put on the taxpayer dime? He sees nothing wrong with blowing $50K to leave his plane idling on the tarmac, but who paid for his 10 days of cushy villas? Did the taxpayers foot his bill for his nannies' villas too?
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Trudeau obviously has a taste for blowing taxpayer cash on holidays

As was stated like a billion gazillion times in that logicalview thread about, Harper and other PMs spent tons of taxpayer cash as well. Remember that baseball vacation Harper spent a ton of cash on? Why are you not outraged about that trip? Why are you not saying Harper had a taste for blowing taxpayer cash on holidays?

The Green Barbarian wrote:He sees nothing wrong with blowing $50K to leave his plane idling on the tarmac

Did he publicly state this? How exactly do you know he sees nothing wrong with his actions?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

To be fair it sat idle... it wasn't idling. Isn't this a standard practice with the plane the PM uses? Doesn't it drop off the PM, then sit idle at the airport until it has to fly him back?

I'm confused as to why a plane sitting idle is such a controversy. What was the plane supposed to do if not sit idle, waiting for him?
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Did the taxpayers foot his bill for his nannies' villas too?

Why does it matter? Do you actually believe PMs shouldn't have perks or are you just dropping inflammatory comments to ignite some flame wars?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

All been answered. Let me refresh your memory.

1)PM's plane is required to be ready. Hence idling on Tarmac. Unrelated to whoever happens to be Prime Minister. Also part of the military budget.

2) PM's private vacation is paid for by the PM, who's 300,000$ salary comes from taxpayers, so yes.

3) the prime Minister's house staff, which in this case are nannies are part of the Prime Minister job perks, and yes, come from taxpayers.

It's all a drop in the bucket though, and nothing you complain about is unique to the Prime Minister or even similar "head positions" in corporations. For instance, as a Shaw Bill payer, I have no control over what Brad Shaw chooses to spend his private salary on that comes from Bill Payers like myself, or the company jet he flies on for free at Bill Payer expense.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”