Not at war with ISIS

fishertwo

Not at war with ISIS

Post by fishertwo »

Castanet reports that our federal govt states that we are not at war with isis. In all my 66 years I have never heard A dumber statement issued by any one.!!!!!!!! It just goes to show you we placed our selves right in the frying pan ,Electing the dumbest people on the planet. The world is at war with isis,just like France has stated, these terrorists have murdered people all over the world,remember 9/11 .the islamic followers must be stopped whenever and where ever they try to settle in this world, Their religion is very clear on how they are to act and treat people not of their faith. It IS NOT one of love or kindness,Anyone who believes That load of crap is a brainwashed IDIOT. Those of the islamic faith have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people the world over.And to be a good muslim you must follow the rules of your faith. The nice part is as long as they keep killing people and the US citizens hate them for it the closer they are to Mr. Trump. the muslims will win the election for Trump because he is the one saying he would do his best to rid his country of this scurge And patriotic Americans love that .As far as the kid in charge of our country HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's a good thing people like him wern't running this country when Hitler was doing his thing or we would be talkin German and still trapping beaver LOL.
Jonrox

Re: Not at war with ISIS

Post by Jonrox »

Here's what PM Trudeau said:

"A war is something that can be won by one side or the other and there is no path for ISIL to actually win against the West," Trudeau said.

"They want to destabilize, they want to strike fear. They need to be stamped out."

I think that about sums it up perfectly. He's confidently stating that they will never defeat us. I don't think you read the article.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jonrox wrote:He's confidently stating that they will never defeat us. .

well I guess that is somewhat true. They'll defeat Europe first. We're next after that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Haha yes Europe has survived a bit more than a few fanatics with suicide vests.

Not downplaying their actions, just not over exaggerating them to the point you are.

There are a dozen armed conflicts going on in Asia and Africa at the moment you've never heard of that all have a higher fatality rate in the last year than what has been caused by ISIS.

Should Canada go to war with all these nations?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Gee whizzikers, if we are not 'at war', why have we been giving military aid, and now Trudeau wants to give more military aid on the ground to train the locals to beat the crap out of ISIS?
So.........we are giving MILITARY support, but we are not AT WAR.

Roll another doobie Justine!
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 23rd, 2016, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Do you understand what you read then? Confidently and publicly telling the enemy that they stand no chance of defeating us and that we're going to stomp them out of existence sounds like a good plan to me.
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

pepsilover wrote:Gee whizzikers, if we are not 'at war', why have we been giving military aid, and now Trudeau wants to give more military aid on the ground to train the locals to beat the crap out of ISIS?

The Coast Guard is a Military entity, and they support our borders at the ocean.

I guess we are at war with the whales and dolphins as well. *removed* :1422:

Military Support =/= war
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 23rd, 2016, 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

HeavyHauler wrote:The Coast Guard is a Military entity, and they support our borders at the ocean.

I guess we are at war with the whales and dolphins as well. *removed* :1422:

Military Support =/= war

Negative. The Canadian Coast Guard is NOT a military entity, it falls under the Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 24th, 2016, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

pepsilover wrote:Gee whizzikers, if we are not 'at war', why have we been giving military aid, and now Trudeau wants to give more military aid on the ground to train the locals to beat the crap out of ISIS?

Did you ever see how ISIS was formed, and who trained and armed them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYwc20zwxQ
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

It's not war in the traditional sense, but war in constantly changing. They used to use swords, then line up from each other with muskets, then use machine guns and planes and then and then and then.

War is always changing, is you ask ISIS/ISIL they will tell you it is war, our leaders say it isn't. Who is right? USA didn't think it was a real war until Pearl Harbor as well, when can we call it war?

Perception, if it doesn't seem to be here it isn't actually happening. There is clearly a war happening, just not one like we are used to. If we lived overseas and had seen more of this for the last 100 years we would agree more, however we have been war safe for a long long time.

Call it what you want though. The label isn't the key, the recognition of the fact there is certainly a problem.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Haha yes Europe has survived a bit more than a few fanatics with suicide vests.

a "few" fanatics? How deeply is your head buried in that politically correct sand? This is almost as bad and naïve as honestly believing that all Israel has to do to stop their suicide attacks is to give back some/most of their land to Hamas. Just unbelievable.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

The pundits or was it the historians coined a phrase about the start of WWI . . . the phony war, when everything was pending but not much was actually happening yet. So far as I'm concerned, ISIS is at war with us and our "liberal" lifestyle of religious tolerance, et al. So far it has been confined to a few unfortunate attacks on soldiers in Ottawa and Quebec City and some failed plans on trains in Ontario, but it will come. There is no more love for Canada by the terrorists than there is for the U.S. or Europe.

And we continue to import the raw material for future terror attacks right into our very heartland through so-called refugee claimants. I'll be beyond their terror when our second generation refugees decide to radicalize, become jihadists, and strike in Kelowna, Revelstoke, and all the other population centres that (ahem) welcomed their parents and families into our midst.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

occasional thoughts wrote:The pundits or was it the historians coined a phrase about the start of WWI . . . the phony war, .

that was actually the start of WW2.

Return to “Canada”