Remembering Rob Ford

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Remembering Rob Ford

Post by Rwede »

This is who the man really was.

Is it any wonder his political opponents vilified him?

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Remembering Rob Ford

Post by oneh2obabe »

You met Ford? Nice video but how about when he had his staff ditch work to help him coach the football team? Or when he had staff go to his house to do some minor chore? Or when he commandeered a TTC bus during rush hour and had the transit riders removed so his football team wouldn't have to stand in the rain after a game at Father Henry Carr Secondary School waiting for their chartered bus?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I always thought Rob Ford was a bit of a buffoon (what is a reasonable person to think when a guy gets himself introduced to power by Don Cherry) . However, over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen stories that presented another side of the man and I can see why some people will truly mourn his loss. There’s always more than one side to a person. RIP Mr. Ford.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

You couldn't ask for anyone better than Ford to represent your ward as a City Councillor. Unfortunately he was way out of his league when it came to being Mayor.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

People should just leave Rob Ford alone.Hes gone and that's the end. These left loons trying to demean him even still after hes gone is wrong.Try having just a smidgen of compassion for his wife and very young kids the guy was a great guy and never did or meant any real harm to anyone
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

don trump wrote:People should just leave Rob Ford alone.Hes gone and that's the end.These left loons trying to demean him even still after hes gone is wrong.Try having just a smidgen of compassion for his wife and very young kids
the guy was a great guy and never did or meant any real harm to anyone

So everyone who does not agree with your way of thinking is left loon, sorry to disappoint you don trump I'm neither left of right loon.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

*removed* its over leave the family to grieve in peace . why do people want to insult and degrade a decent mans legacy after hes gone.Many disagreed with him but why all the anger? he never hurt a sole and helped many people
*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 31st, 2016, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic / personal insults.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

dontrump wrote:*removed* its over leave the family to grieve in peace . why do people want to insult and degrade a decent mans legacy after hes gone.Many disagreed with him but why all the anger? he never hurt a sole and helped many people
*removed*

We shouldn't bash the guy but I'm not sure if we should call him quite the Saint you think he was. His addiction hurt quite a few people, mainly his family.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I was brought up in fundamentalist/evangelical circles. We were taught, "God is no respecter of persons". And there is the key to what is wrong with politics and political loyalty and, for some reason I can't quite figure out, conservative/right-wing politics in our country at least. If someone is pre-identified as right of centre, criticism or an attack on something said or done is counterattacked based on the individual rather than what he or she did or said.

Rob Ford was a flawed, flawed man, but to point the flaws out is to be left-wing rather than hurt or horrified or indignant about what he did or said. This is my concern about our whole political process, not just Rob Ford or Stephen Harper or even Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

occasional thoughts wrote:I was brought up in fundamentalist/evangelical circles. We were taught, "God is no respecter of persons". And there is the key to what is wrong with politics and political loyalty and, for some reason I can't quite figure out, conservative/right-wing politics in our country at least. If someone is pre-identified as right of centre, criticism or an attack on something said or done is counterattacked based on the individual rather than what he or she did or said.

Rob Ford was a flawed, flawed man, but to point the flaws out is to be left-wing rather than hurt or horrified or indignant about what he did or said. This is my concern about our whole political process, not just Rob Ford or Stephen Harper or even Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.

I always shake my head when bible thumpers judge other people
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 31st, 2016, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try posting without the word censor workaround.

Return to “Canada”