Who the Liberals Elected, JT 5 yrs ago

pepsilover
Übergod

Who the Liberals Elected, JT 5 yrs ago

Post by pepsilover »

Oh dear me. Came upon this article this morning while looking for something else. There are SO many goodies in this piece it's hard to decide what to post from it. DEFINITELY worth the read, the arrogance of this individual is astounding (not to me, I already knew the depths of his vanity and arrogance). I also maintain he has psychological issues. He seemingly blames his mother for leaving them when he was a child and was scarred by that (his own words). Nobody comes out of that without being jaded. He references his 'problems with women' and blames them on his mother leaving (words to that effect), but seems to be the one topic he will NOT elaborate on. Yet he elaborates on absolutely everything else. I wonder what kind of trouble he had with women.

Here's the link, and a few snippets. Enjoy!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le1214317/

<snip> "Justin Trudeau has this party trick and, as with most things about him, he maintains that it's wildly misunderstood.

The prank involves hurtling himself headfirst down a flight of stairs. He has pulled it at Rosedale house parties, his own wedding reception and on a busy Ottawa street in front of a fast-moving car to impress Sophie Grégoire on one of their first dates.
<snip>

<snip> But the former drama teacher retreated to the wings, determined to prove himself before running for office by "writing a few books, or running a school or starting an NGO or being a CEO … so I could build my own legitimacy outside of politics."

And yet, here we are, sitting in the unimpressive office at the end of a long, dim hallway that he has earned as Liberal MP for Papineau without his having achieved any of that.
<snip>

<snip> "Mr. Trudeau is no dummy. He knows he's good-looking ("I'm aware of that and I'm certainly not going to shy from it."), lucky ("I picked the toughest riding and everything fell in.") and special ("I think that I get to play by a bit of a different set of rules than many people because I don't have anything to prove.")

Which, of course, isn't true. Mr. Trudeau has more to prove than most anyone else. His mother worries that he's "too sensitive" for politics.<snip>

<snip> ""If I do the very best I can and at one point down the road, nobody asks me any more if I'm going to be prime minister one day because it becomes obvious that I'm not prime-ministerial material … nobody will be happier than me," he said.<snip>

For the real juicy stuff go to the link. :smt045
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Who the Liberals Elected, JT 5 yrs ago

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

pepsilover wrote:Came upon this article this morning while looking for something else.

Like it or not he's our PM now for the next 4 years probably 8 years. We'll have to learn to live with it. Harper was no picnic and we survived. :D
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

everyone from the late 50-60 era knows his mother was a carzy loon
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^ Attacking a politician's family members is low, crass and ignorant.
Chill
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Like it or not he's our PM now for the next 4 years probably 8 years. We'll have to learn to live with it. :D

That is a given for anybody who knows the election process. Do you have any comment to add on the actual topic?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

pepsilover wrote:That is a given for anybody who knows the election process. Do you have any comment to add on the actual topic?

No.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

dontrump wrote:everyone from the late 50-60 era knows his mother was a carzy loon

Indeed. This new generation has no remote idea just how crazy she was. Did you read the article? She took Justin to Studio 54 to dance the night away with supermodels and celebrities.

Whether Justin likes his mommy or not, he's a lot more like her than he is his father. (I'd give it a 60/40 split since he does like to take his family on vacations all around the world on taxpayers' money like his daddy did. Next stop - INDIA! And yes, he's taking the entire family - again).
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:No.

Not even his "party trick"? :1422:
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

pepsilover wrote:I also maintain he has psychological issues. He seemingly blames his mother for leaving them when he was a child and was scarred by that (his own words). Nobody comes out of that without being jaded.

Good to know you're a psychologist now. So should we only elect PM's who have had perfect family lives growing up??
hail Satan y'all
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

pepsilover wrote:I also maintain he has psychological issues.

I asked before and you never answered - why do you feel the need to denigrate people with mental illnesses? You've posted countless times about how JT's mother has Bi-Polar disorder and that you think JT also does. I still don't see why this matters either when a lot of mental illnesses are able to be kept in check with medication, therapy, and other supports.

As a mentally-ill person myself, I find this kind of thinking exceedingly ignorant, hurtful, and offensive.

JT's mother has done so much to raise awareness about various mental illnesses. Maybe instead of ridiculing her as well as those with mental illnesses, you should actually listen to what she has to say and learn something.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

flamingfingers wrote:^^ Attacking a politician's family members is low, crass and ignorant.

not attacking at all just stating a well known fact that Marg Sinclair had a pile of drug and mental issues
GangstaTurtle
Fledgling

Post by GangstaTurtle »

dontrump wrote:not attacking at all just stating a well known fact that Marg Sinclair had a pile of drug and mental issues

Yeah, not attacking at all, just calling her a crazy loon (your words)
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

GangstaTurtle wrote:I asked before and you never answered - why do you feel the need to denigrate people with mental illnesses? You've posted countless times about how JT's mother has Bi-Polar disorder and that you think JT also does. I still don't see why this matters either when a lot of mental illnesses are able to be kept in check with medication, therapy, and other supports.

As a mentally-ill person myself, I find this kind of thinking exceedingly ignorant, hurtful, and offensive.

JT's mother has done so much to raise awareness about various mental illnesses. Maybe instead of ridiculing her as well as those with mental illnesses, you should actually listen to what she has to say and learn something.

Well said, GangstaTurtle. There's no denying she has had to deal with serious issues, but she hasn't hidden behind them. Instead, she has tried to help people have a better understanding of how bipolar disorder affects others. To my mind, one can still choose not to admire her, but there's no reason to disrespect her.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

obviously its the people that elected him( not me) that need their heads read Look at the money of ours he has spent in just a few short months on nannies, excessive travel and all with full family detail if this keeps up he will have spent more tax monies on personal travel than all other combined
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

dontrump wrote:obviously its the people that elected him( not me) that need their heads read Look at the money of ours he has spent in just a few short months on nannies, excessive travel and all with full family detail if this keeps up he will have spent more tax monies on personal travel than all other combined

I'm all for focusing on the issues, today's and future issues, with all politicians.

So far, I haven't been in agreement with JT's 50/50 policy (as a woman, I find it condescending); the rush to bring in more refugees than we usually process in a full year; the resources spent to be in line with popular theory on climate change. I did agree with not implementing the change for OAS from 65 to 67, and I do feel he's more willing to work with his team instead of trying to micro-manage (although that micro-management can also be an indicator of someone who is prepared to take full responsibility for what happens under his watch). Travel, I'm undecided on.

We'll see what unfolds over the next few years. I'd rather look in that direction than pore over the minutia of his past.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Canada”