Canadians beg for ransom to be paid

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canadians beg for ransom to be paid

Post by Donald G »

I follow how missing Canadian Women have to do with spending money but not what "Missing Aboriginal Women" has to do with spending. Many of the reasons that Canadian Women have gone missing have been clearly identified and it is not, for the most part, associated to encouraging terrorism by paying a multi million dollar ransom to terrorists.

If the person being held was a Canadian woman or Aboriginal Woman should we view it any differently ?? When you travel to a high risk country or area you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

IMO having the people responsible killed would be a good policy. Perhaps once the hostages are no longer a concern the weak kneed Canadan government can go to someone on bended knee and beg them to seek justice on behalf of Canada.

All of the catering that Trudeau has done to Muslim extremists, including ISIS, does not seem to have given us the theoretical advantages dreamed up by the liberals. Perhaps we should start dealing in real world terms.
Last edited by Donald G on Apr 15th, 2016, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Donald G wrote:IMO having the people responsible killed would be a good policy. Perhaps once the hostages are no longer a concern the weak kneed Canadan government can go to someone on bended knee and beg them to seek justice on behalf of Canada.

All of the catering that Trudeau has done to Muslim extremists, including ISIS, does not seem to have given us the theoretical advantages dreamed up by the liberals.

What catering has Trudeau done to Muslim extremists, specifically?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Grounding our precision bombers that were flying in direct support of Syrians who were fighting and dying in an effort to take their country back from the terrorist extremist called ISIS.

Being photographed kneeling and bowing to Allah in the most radical Mosque in Canada.

Would be two of the most glaring things PM Trudeau has done to make terrorism more acceptable.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:I feel terrible for these Canadians and especially their families.
To make it even worse for them we have a pacifist of a leader that has declared we are not at war with isis and is running with his tail between his legs.

Many Canadians have flown over to Syria to join up with various rebel groups fighting ISIS. CSIS and the Canadian Government may want to debrief you when you come back or have a chat before you go but they wont stop you.

What's stopping you?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Donald G wrote:Grounding our precision bombers that were flying in direct support of Syrians who were fighting and dying in an effort to take their country back from the terrorist extremist called ISIS.

Being photographed kneeling and bowing to Allah in the most radical Mosque in Canada.

Would be two of the most glaring things PM Trudeau has done to make terrorism more acceptable.

...so no, Trudeau didn't cater to extremist Muslim's.

You did forget about increasing the training mission in the Middle East.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby Donald G » 56 minutes ago

Grounding our precision bombers that were flying in direct support of Syrians who were fighting and dying in an effort to take their country back from the terrorist extremist called ISIS.

Unread postby FreeRights » 22 minutes ago

...so no, Trudeau didn't cater to extremist Muslim's.

Add to that PM Trudeau reassuring the extremist terrorist Muslims that we are "not at war with them" after unilaterally grounding the Canadian precision bombers and WADR I would have to wonder at your logic.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Donald G wrote:Add to that PM Trudeau reassuring the extremist terrorist Muslims that we are "not at war with them" after unilaterally grounding the Canadian precision bombers and WADR I would have to wonder at your logic.

WADR it's all Pierre Elliot Trudeau's fault.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby SmokeOnTheWater » 15 minutes ago

WADR it's all Pierre Elliot Trudeau's fault.

PET was a conscientious objector who fought conscription during the second world war but I disagree with you that he is responsible for the mess his son Justin Trudeau is making of trying to run a Government because he does not seem to recognize the difference between theory and reality. Theory only works in combating theoretical terrorists.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

first this guy ran a minimg company so hes got money . second govts should never pay ransom . third the op couldnt give a rats you know what about this person. its just more lame attempts at trying to comfort themselves over herr harpers loss
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Get back on topic NOW.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: ... , no way in hell harper would pay up

“The government of Canada does not pay ransom,” Foreign Minister John Baird’s spokesman Rick Roth said Wednesday, moments after the publication of a lengthy internal leaked memo from al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) which revealed that $1.1-million in ransom had been paid, at the behest of the [Harper] Canadian government, to the terrorist organization for the release of captured Canadian diplomats Robert Fowler and Louis Guay.

“Canada does not negotiate with terrorists,” Mr. Roth added in a Twitter statement, echoing the frequently uttered words of Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

The memo, however, made clear that terrorist Mokhtar Belmokhtar had negotiated the price with whatever government or party was acting on Canada’s behalf.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/ ... e12293766/
Canada broke ranks with key allies when it contributed to a ransom to free hostages in West Africa, according to U.S. officials, who complained that the secret deal with terrorists had “a dramatic effect on regional security.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le4203333/
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Ka-El ...

ANYONE who pays terrorists for hostages is encouraging terrorists to take hostages as a means of financing their murderous objectives. No exceptions.

Israel has managed to exist in the midst of some of the most radical terrorists in the world partly because the terrorists know that any terrorist who kills an Israeli will be hunted down and killed in turn, no matter how long it takes. It may be done in secret but it will be done. PM Trudeau is too young, inexperienced and too much of a theoretical bleeding heart in his thinking to deal with real world hostage situations.

Trudeau may not be at war with ISIS but ISIS and the rest of the terrorist extremist groups are sure as hell at war with Canada as evidenced by the Canadian Hostages that they have taken and are presently holding in an effort to bend the weak kneed Trudeau further to their will.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Donald G wrote: To Ka-El ... ANYONE who pays terrorists for hostages is encouraging terrorists to take hostages as a means of financing their murderous objectives. No exceptions.

I can't say I necessarily disagree with that opinion. However, that is entirely irrelevant to the point that was made by my last post.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Ka-El » 1 minute ago.

I can't say I necessarily disagree with that opinion. However, that is entirely irrelevant to the point that was made by my last post. Do you ever try to understand the points being made in the posts you respond to before responding to them?

I read all posts that I respond to Ka-El. The approach taken that you describe is used by many governments as a way of theoretically refusing to negotiate while in reality negotiating. It still results in the terrorists making a profit out of kidnapping people from other countries. The longer the negotiations can be stretched out the less appealing that kidnapping becomes from their perspective and having an "independent" body also limits the money expected by the terrorists and makes a payment being made more "tenuous".

Having said that, where do you think the actual money that is eventually paid comes from ?? The government.

I still favor the Israeli approach.

Return to “Canada”