Contempt of cop

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Contempt of cop

Post by maryjane48 »

Here's why some people think a Camrose dentist's arrest was 'contempt of cop'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3538980
Shared via the CBC News Android App

interesting article on how society view of coos is changing because of arrests and interactions caught on tape so to speak
goatboy
Guru

Re: Contempt of cop

Post by goatboy »

I just don't get it though. If you think a cop has treated you poorly, why physically resist? It is never going to end well. Do what they say and then lodge a complaint, go to the media, whatever you choose. Resisting, even if you're right is really not a good idea. You may be completely right but why suffer for it. Make your point to a judge or a supervisor or a reporter.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i dnt think anyone is say fight a arrest . but the point being made is because of some arrests being filmed and people seeing what ever . now have a different view of cops .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

goatboy wrote:I just don't get it though. If you think a cop has treated you poorly, why physically resist? It is never going to end well. Do what they say and then lodge a complaint, go to the media, whatever you choose. Resisting, even if you're right is really not a good idea. You may be completely right but why suffer for it. Make your point to a judge or a supervisor or a reporter.

I said this before and I'll say it again. Don't try and fight a arrest on the street, the court house is where it is decided, did the nice officer have the grounds for the arrest.

Many cases people create a larger pile of trouble for themselves instead of shutting up and listening! Many times, they could avoid such a questionable arrest.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That's disgusting. While she should have stopped, it never should have started. She was obviously afraid and the officer mishandled the situation from the start.

You'd think he though his life was in danger for cry sakes.

Cops have tough, tough jobs to do and this kind of physicality is expected in some cases but you have to know he ran her plates before he walked up to the car so he had at least some idea who she was or more importantly, wasn't.

She could have charged him with sexual assault at one point when he first pulled her out of the car.

I agree with Ken; the street isn't the place to fight the police. You won't win and they will have their day as you will have yours.

Interesting point in the article where the students who reviewed the case of the machete wielding dude in England who all seemed to believe that had it happened here, the police would likely have killed him.

That's not hard to understand but that should be a loud clear message to police forces all across the country to take long hard looks at how they are perceived and why.

Makes you wonder what she was saying to him while she was still in the car though?

A complete and total breakdown on the cops side.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:i dnt think anyone is say fight a arrest . but the point being made is because of some arrests being filmed and people seeing what ever . now have a different view of cops .

I don't have a "different view" of cops, but I do have a more informed view of just how dumb people in the general public are, that's for sure. And what a bunch of spoiled, whiny entitled babies people can be.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Just a question here GB; are you saying that you have no issue with the way this particular stop was handled?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 18th, 2016, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mexicalidreamer wrote:Just a question here GB; are you saying that you have no issue with the way this particular stop was handled?

I tried to answer your question, but it was deleted. I haven't read the article in question. PM me if you really want to know why, as apparently I can't tell you on this forum.

Return to “Canada”