Is Justin Trudeau's honeymoon with voters over?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Is Justin Trudeau's honeymoon with voters over?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I'm no fan of the Chatty-Kathy doll we have for a PM right now but I'm not sure what more he could have said or done. Government bureaucracy moves slowly and I am sure the wheels of approvals among the bureaucrats are turning as fast as they can. I remember sitting at Doc Willoughbys on the day of the fires here in Kelowna and John McCallum walked in with some of his military aides. He looked pretty stressed out and extremely tired, and also just looked helpless. I could tell he was doing all he could, but in reality in a firestorm there's not much anybody can do but get out of the way.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Glacier wrote:It seems that hobbyguy believes in the middle ground fallacy. In other words, whatever position is between two opposites is the correct one. In the US presidential race so far we have Ted Cruz on one end and Bernie Sanders on the other. Trump is a centrist, so let's back him for president.

Middle ground is not a fallacy. Some call it the Pendulum Theory and other call it the Feedback Loop.

The Pendulum Theory simply states that everything repeatedly swings left and then swings right. The true course is an average taken over a much longer term and the result is somewhere in the middle based on the amount of force of effort pushing left or right. With regards to politics, Harper's example was that he was trying to push further right in the express desire to move the average middle calculation slightly to the right (central right). The majority of Canadians it appears, were not comfortable with the extent of that push to the right, so Trudeau presented a centre left position and won the past election. It's interesting to note that the NDP and their Leap Manifesto will not result in their ability to form a government, but will exert force to the left to move the average more to the center left.

With regards to your comments, the average or middle ground is always between the opposites and is always the true long term average. To call it correct or not is simply based on your own personal views and is subjective, so therefore is not relevant to the conversation.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier ... 70?cmp=rss

Honeymoons don't last forever. But that doesn't mean the love affair has to end — and the love affair Canadians are having with Justin Trudeau's Liberals appears to be enduring in the polls.

The Liberals continue to hold the new support they captured after their majority victory in last fall's federal election, when they pulled votes away from both the Conservatives and New Democrats.

Justin Trudeau's own popularity also remains high, with approval ratings well above those of both of his main rivals, interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose and outgoing NDP Leader Tom Mulcair, as well as the ratings he posted before last year's vote.

Despite the few vocal conservatives on this board that will try to convince us otherwise with numerous anti Trudeau posts, Trudeau's support is still as strong as ever, and shows no sign of slowing.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”