10,000 millionaires left France last year

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 10,000 millionaires left France last year

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:So the tax dodgers left the country. Good riddance.

Call them what you want, but just because one makes more money doesn't give the Government the right to steal more from you. And the people who the Government gives that money to have no right to *bleep* and complain about it.

If I were living in France and this affected me, you bet your *bleep* I'd be on my way to Charles de Gaulle with my Louis Vuitton's packed - just a shame Concorde isn't flying anymore, would have been the quickest way out of there :smt045
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Dizzy1 wrote:Call them what you want, but just because one makes more money doesn't give the Government the right to steal more from you. And the people who the Government gives that money to have no right to *bleep* and complain about it.

If I were living in France and this affected me, you bet your *bleep* I'd be on my way to Charles de Gaulle with my Louis Vuitton's packed - just a shame Concorde isn't flying anymore, would have been the quickest way out of there :smt045

This is something the seething with hatred consumed by jealousy leftists will never understand.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If you don't want to contribute to the society that allowed you the circumstances to make your great wealth then don't let the door hit you on the way out. I have zero sympathy for people who have purged the middle class for their increased wealth and then cry when it's needed back to run the damn country. There are ZERO people who have made their wealth alone. It is done on the backs of taxpayers who give you the right circumstances, safe living, roads, schools and everything else needed. Get rid of the parasites and let others rise up to the top and help create a sustainable economy supported by a thriving middle class where working hard actually results in a decent lifestyle.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:If you don't want to contribute to the society that allowed you the circumstances to make your great wealth then don't let the door hit you on the way out. I have zero sympathy for people who have purged the middle class for their increased wealth and then cry when it's needed back to run the damn country. There are ZERO people who have made their wealth alone. It is done on the backs of taxpayers who give you the right circumstances, safe living, roads, schools and everything else needed. Get rid of the parasites and let others rise up to the top and help create a sustainable economy supported by a thriving middle class where working hard actually results in a decent lifestyle.

And there you have it folks. The perfect recipe to destroy an economy. And justify it with useless nonsense like that written above. Just so naïve, and so completely blind to reality. Unbelievable.

People who have made money have no problem with paying some of it back. But when the government wants to take a giant portion of it, why would these people be willing to accept that? It's just horrible, wrong, and stupid. And the perfect way to chase out the very people you need in your country to drive your economy. What an insult to call these people "parasites", when it's the idiot leftist parasites in these countries that want to bleed these people dry.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:And there you have it folks. The perfect recipe to destroy an economy. And justify it with useless nonsense like that written above. Just so naïve, and so completely blind to reality. Unbelievable.

Huh? So do you prefer one with a few rich people and plenty of poor people? A thriving middle class always makes for the best economies. They actually spend their money.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:
Huh? So do you prefer one with a few rich people and plenty of poor people? A thriving middle class always makes for the best economies. They actually spend their money.

So, steal from the rich and give to the poor? Or try and create an economy where the poor can earn their money to become richer and spend more creating an even healthier economy?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:

And who gives those middle class people jobs?????? Oh this is just so frustrating. Have a look at the state of any country that stupidly decided to either steal everything from their richer folks or tax the living crap out of them and give it to the undeserving. The richer folks leave and take their capital with them. Look at Russia in 1920. Look at Cuba. Look at Venezuela. Look at Zimbabwe. This model DOES NOT WORK. There is a middle ground. You don't have to steal up to 70% of peoples' money, and punitively punish them for the sin of making more than the average schlub. I know you will never get this, as like the rest of the leftist gang here you are consumed by hatred and jealousy, but your beliefs are backward and completely not based in the real world.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

If you don't want to contribute to the society that allowed you the circumstances to make your great wealth then don't let the door hit you on the way out. I have zero sympathy for people who have purged the middle class for their increased wealth and then cry when it's needed back to run the damn country. There are ZERO people who have made their wealth alone. It is done on the backs of taxpayers who give you the right circumstances, safe living, roads, schools and everything else needed.

Wrong on both of your points. I would talk about how poor my dad was and how he scrimped and saved and sacrificed for many years, but I get criticized for doing so, and told that I'm bragging, so I won't waste my time.

As to not wanting to "contribute to the society", I already said that I am willing to pay what I think is reasonable, and to even pay more than what I think is reasonable, but when it reaches the point where I feel that I am being penalized for working hard, then screw it. I am out of here.

Which brings me to my point that I was hoping to make what I started this topic. What is a fair level of taxation? I quoted earlier about Micheal Caine having to pay over 80% of his income in taxes. Is that fair? I admit, I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for actors like that as they get paid very well for not doing a large amount of work. However, people like me who start their own company and work for 0 wages for 10 years, and hope to start employing others to create an even larger company, deserve to reap the rewards. Again, I am happy to pay a good chunk of what I make in taxes, but what is fair?

Now I am waiting for the far lefties who (as they have done before) will start calling me an evil capitalist as I want to hire others. I find that quite funny, as the unions they support are corporations and hire others to do their work. And I intend to pay myself far less than the union heads make, and I have created a product that creates value for others. yet I am the evil one!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:And who gives those middle class people jobs?????? Oh this is just so frustrating. Have a look at the state of any country that stupidly decided to either steal everything from their richer folks and give it to the undeserving. The richer folks leave and take their capital with them. Look at Russia in 1920. Look at Cuba. Look at Venezuela. Look at Zimbabwe. This model DOES NOT WORK. There is a middle ground. You don't have to steal up to 70% of peoples' money, and punitively punish them for the sin of making more than the average schlub. I know you will never get this, as like the rest of the leftist gang here you are consumed by hatred and jealousy, but your beliefs are backward and completely not based in the real world.

Are you only able to see the world in a black and white way or what? There is not 2 different ways to run a country with 1 (what you wrongly call Communism) being bad and 1 (unhindered Capitalism) being good. You know damn well I'm not talking about Cuba or Venezuela or Zimbabwe. They're not exactly known as bastions of the middle class, are they? You seem to have a real problem responding to what people have written and then going on a rant that has nothing to do with it. I get that it is more entertainment for you and you don't want to have an actual discussion but some of us do. So participate or don't but don't just make stuff up that was never said.

How did people work prior to the last 20 years when the economic gap really exploded? Were we all homeless because the great rich job providers had less wealth than now? Of course not. Middle class people generate jobs. Poor people create jobs. Our mere existence creates jobs as we need goods and services. I can't get behind the kiss the *bleep* of the great job providers so they rain more jobs on us attitude. We are not stealing from them. We are claiming back what they stole from us and then refused to put back into the country they took it from. They can pound sand, we can do better than this.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

This is a very timely clip.

What's a fair share of taxes?

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
Are you only able to see the world in a black and white way or what?

I would ask you the exact same question. If you aren't punitively punishing the very people that create the jobs in this country, to the point of leaving, you aren't happy, because somehow in your twisted logic, these people, who risk the capital and put their necks on the line, are "parasites", while the bozos sitting at home getting stoned and collecting welfare are the "healthy middle class". What a joke. You have zero grip on reality or how the real world works. Just so sad.

How did people work prior to the last 20 years when the economic gap really exploded?

And here you go again blathering about this idiotic "income gap". Who cares??? Why are you so consumed with hatred and jealousy? Live your life. You are living in a time period on earth of unequaled prosperity in the history of mankind, and all you can do is whine and complain, mired in hatred. What a terrible way to live.

Middle class people generate jobs. Poor people create jobs.

And rich people create even more jobs. But those people you just want to screw over, because of your petty and vile jealousy. Shame on you.

We are claiming back what they stole from us and then refused to put back into the country they took it from. .

This is complete crap. No one stole anything from you or anybody else. The vitriol emanating from you is just blinding you to any sense of reality whatsoever. I am actually saddened and ashamed for you when I read this barf.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:Are you only able to see the world in a black and white way or what? There is not 2 different ways to run a country with 1 (what you wrongly call Communism) being bad and 1 (unhindered Capitalism) being good. You know damn well I'm not talking about Cuba or Venezuela or Zimbabwe. They're not exactly known as bastions of the middle class, are they? You seem to have a real problem responding to what people have written and then going on a rant that has nothing to do with it. I get that it is more entertainment for you and you don't want to have an actual discussion but some of us do. So participate or don't but don't just make stuff up that was never said.

How did people work prior to the last 20 years when the economic gap really exploded? Were we all homeless because the great rich job providers had less wealth than now? Of course not. Middle class people generate jobs. Poor people create jobs. Our mere existence creates jobs as we need goods and services. I can't get behind the kiss the *bleep* of the great job providers so they rain more jobs on us attitude. We are not stealing from them. We are claiming back what they stole from us and then refused to put back into the country they took it from. They can pound sand, we can do better than this.

When Harper left office, the Canadian middle class was the richest it has ever been.

Why do you hate that average folks were doing well? Why shouldn't average folks do well?

Why do you hate Average Joe for being able to buy a new car for the family and take a week in Mexico with the family at spring break? Why is that so terrible?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rwede wrote:
Why do you hate Average Joe for being able to buy a new car for the family and take a week in Mexico with the family at spring break? Why is that so terrible?

The sad part is that people like Jenny think that by attacking and destroying anybody with more money than she has is actually helping people in the so-called "Middle class". Just pure blind hatred and jealousy. So sad.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The fact that all you can respond with is rhetoric and terms like hate and jealousy shows you have zero understanding of the most important economic issue of the modern age. You are completely out of touch with our economic reality. If you can't bother to try to discuss the actual topic and instead try to personally cut me down I'm not wasting any more of my time responding.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:The fact that all you can respond with is rhetoric and terms like hate and jealousy shows you have zero understanding of the most important economic issue of the modern age.

The fact that you honestly think that you have even the faintest clue or understanding of what the most important economic issue of the modern age is just shows you have a very tenuous understanding of the real world, and how it operates. The fact that you honestly think punitively punishing people with insanely and stupidly high tax rates is even remotely acceptable shows that you are blinded by animosity, jealousy and hate. You are completely out of touch with our economic reality.

Return to “Canada”