EarlsGate

Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: EarlsGate

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Hi Glacier and / or Donald G.,

I’ve searched the present Creekstone Farms website, and I’ve got the Wayback Machine for their updates starting at 2001, but I’m having problems finding a reference for what Donald G claimed in his post.

If either of you don’t have a handy reference, it might be nice for consumers–producers, here, if you could provide me with some clues to where I might find one to post:
Glacier wrote:Hey Donld G, this is probably the most coherent post I've seen you make:

Dear Mr. Snider,
. . .
I have viewed the Creekstone Farms website and learned that in fact their slaughterhouse began as an opportunity to sell beef to such Islamic countries as Saudi Arabia. Their website states that all those employed in the slaughterhouse are Muslim and trained to slaughter cattle in a manner consistent with the Islamic religion. Their website further states that the cattle are not killed instantly but are stunned such that they are alive with their hearts still beating for five minutes before their throats are slit so that they then bleed to death.
. . .
Regards,

Donald G

Thanks,
Pat

Also, sorry for breaking in right now, but I already posted about the prawns earlier.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=67241&start=45#p2016118
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm not sure about the Saudi Arabia claim, but certainly if the meat is Halal, then the slaughtermen must be Muslim. As far as the concern about Halal at a restaurant that serves alcohol and pork, Muslim websites address these concerns for concerned Muslims:

http://muslimeater.com/2014/09/03/is-my ... tone-beef/

In that respect, I think that the meat being Halal is the main reason Earls decided to go with Creekstone. Their offical story just doesn't add up.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Come on guys . . ..

Pleeez?

I’ve found a lot of stuff on other websites, but none yet on Creekstone Farms as Donald G. claims. At least a date for his post might help. Creekstone is a direct link to Earls . . ..

Here, I’ll post this in good faith.
It’s from a Muslem Eater blog in 2014.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... dlt=strict

But at least it might contain some evidence that The Rebel video from the report I posted earlier could be full of ‘bull.’
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm not sure what bull you're talking about, but it is true that you have to be a Muslim to say the prayer over the bull before you kill it in order for it to be Halal. Otherwise, it's not a Muslim prayer, and thus not Halal.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

I was referring to ‘bulltweet’ that The Rebel is claiming is a Creekstone slaughter in this video:

http://www.therebel.media/_graphic_vide ... _the_truth
Last edited by Pat-Taporter on May 13th, 2016, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I disagree too with the Rebel that says killing Halal style is inhumane. Death by its very nature is not pretty. I've been around a lot of killing and butchering of animals in my life. How the animal is raised is more important than how it died in my opinion.
- Douglas Murray
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

I hear ya.

My grampa was a butcher, and my dad was a ranch-hand and hunting guide up until he got his construction trade. Once he had that rolling he partnered with a friend to rent us two families a small mixed farm to grow up on. So we consumed samples of our own livestock as well as wildlife from the fallow and surrounding bush (prairie chicken breast with cranberry sauce was my favourite). Also, us kids were in 4H and, of course, we had a project to raise a heifer from calf to slaughter to table. The big prize was to have some of the beef served in a local restaurant. I remember when one kid won; his whole acceptance speech came out with a hint of regret in a single sentence: “I sure hope it tastes good.” It did. And the restaurant owner was pleased and proud to have it while he loved to ‘advertise’ the source to his customers with a laugh.

Those were the days.
Dang, I’m getting old.
Peace.
looking4one
Übergod

Re: Earls Gotta Die

Post by looking4one »

Even Steven wrote:I was outraged until I noticed it says "humane beef", and not "human beef".

I bet that some foreign visitors might opt out and maybe choose a hot dog from a food cart down the street.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Maybe they'll search out a Margaret Atwood's SecretBurger or a ChickieNobs for a yummy Bucket O'Nubbins.

Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

First run a spellcheck. Okay, IMHO it looks good.

National Newswatch

A quicklist of certification programs for ‘humane’ beef in Canada

By The Canadian Press — May 15 2016

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2016/0 ... zoehI-cHIU

VANCOUVER —A decision by the Earls restaurant chain to switch to Certified Humane beef from the U.S. and then backtrack after facing a social media storm has drawn attention to competing certification programs for "humane" or "organic" beef. Here's a look at some of the programs.

<snip>
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This is what happens when you enter the world of politically correct meat. Just ignore these idiots and their certifications and just serve top quality meat. If someone is dumb enough to demand "organic" or "humane" beef tell them to go to A&W.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I just remembered this story from 2006...

A ranching and meat-processing company in Kansas wants to test all its cattle for mad cow disease at its own expense. The Bush administration won't let the firm do it. Oh, but that's not all. If the company tries to buy the $20 testing kits, the feds will treat such a transaction as an illegal purchase of a controlled substance.

We wish we were making this up, but we're not. Talk about mad cow, this is crazy people. It's also an intrusive government abusing an old law.

In 1913, when cholera was decimating hog herds, scam artists were selling fake serums to farmers. Congress responded with the Viruses, Serums, Toxins, Anti-Toxins and Analogous Products Act. It gave the federal government authority to regulate diagnostic testing devices for farm animals.

The Bush administration rediscovered this law when the Kansas company, Creekstone Farms, announced plans to test its entire herd for mad cow disease. The company was willing to go far and beyond the government's test regimen to reassure its customers in places such as Japan.

https://www.organicconsumers.org/news/u ... ow-disease
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

so was this fixed under Obama? That would actually be interesting to hear, that they actually did something to end government stupidity, instead of just increasing it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Earls Gotta Die

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Even Steven wrote:I was outraged until I noticed it says "humane beef", and not "human beef".

Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

The Globe and Mail

Earls head admits to 'mistake' as Canadian beef returns to menu

Carrie Tait

CALGARY — The Globe and Mail

Published Wednesday, Jun. 22, 2016 4:42PM EDT

Last updated Wednesday, Jun. 22, 2016 8:23PM EDT

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e30561597/

Mo Jessa, in an attempt to settle a public relations dust-up over the steaks and burgers Earls serves in its restaurants, spent the past two months travelling to Canadian ranches, riding horses and meeting with folks in the cattle industry.

<snip>

Return to “Canada”