Federal Support of Bombardier...Good or Bad Idea?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Federal Support of Bombardier...Good or Bad Idea?

Post by Bsuds »

It should be stipulated that any company receiving a loan/bailout must freeze all wages until such time that the moneys are repaid. If their executives are being overpaid then their salaries should be reduced at that time as well.

They sure as Hell shouldn't get any bonuses!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bombardier should have to send each canadian a free side by side or sled of their choosing . 1 billion dollars . Insane
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

After Montreal protests, Bombardier reconsiders exec bonuses

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/bo ... -1.4052533

Interesting where people stand on this

A: is it ok for private companies to request money from government.
B: should government be able to put stipulations on how private companies spend their money?
C: should corporations give multi million dollar bonuses in the same fiscal year as they lay off thousands of employees or request federal assistance
D: do people have the right to protest how private companies use their money? Does taxpayer dollars going into private company legitimize this further?

Curious about answers to these, as it seems that the answers depend on which government provided assistance to the company, and whether or not the company deals in fossil fuels-er "Energy Sector"
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:After Montreal protests, Bombardier reconsiders exec bonuses

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/bo ... -1.4052533

Interesting where people stand on this

A: is it ok for private companies to request money from government.
B: should government be able to put stipulations on how private companies spend their money?
C: should corporations give multi million dollar bonuses in the same fiscal year as they lay off thousands of employees or request federal assistance
D: do people have the right to protest how private companies use their money? Does taxpayer dollars going into private company legitimize this further?

Curious about answers to these, as it seems that the answers depend on which government provided assistance to the company, and whether or not the company deals in fossil fuels-er "Energy Sector"

I'm no fan of welfare . Corporate welfare being the worst type . In my line of work. The government will never be there to rescue me . Sorry bombardier . Send me a side by side if u want me to think different. Until u do . I hope u go bankrupt . A billion dollars from quebec alone . What did quebec get in return
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

BAILOUT BETRAYAL: Bombardier Outsourced Jobs To Mexico & China While Seeking Taxpayer Money

MONEY - SPENCER FERNANDO APRIL 10, 2017

Bombardier Outsourced Jobs To Mexico & China While Seeking Taxpayer Money

After it was discovered that Bombardier was giving out massive bonuses while seeking a bailout from Canadian taxpayers, outrage against the company and the Trudeau government has continued to rise.

The sheer arrogance and elitism demonstrated by both Trudeau (who called it a “free market” decision), and the Bombardier executives who expect to be rewarded for failure, has caused Canadians to reflect on how much contempt the elites show for our money, and look more closely at the company.

As I was doing some research on Bombardier, I noticed this interesting bit of information – which mostly flew under the radar at the time.

While seeking a bailout in 2016, Bombardier announced that they were cutting 200 jobs in Canada, and outsourcing them to Mexico and China.

This is an absolute disgrace.

The arrogance of Bombardier’s executives seems to know no bounds. At the same time they were begging for taxpayer cash, they were planning to take jobs away from Canadians.

The jobs they sought to outsource were manufacturing positions assembling the wings for the Q400. And while employees tried fighting the measure, Bombardier ended up getting away with it.

Bombardier says they offered some training and transfer options for the displaced employees, while others were given retirement packages. Even if that’s the case, it doesn’t justify shipping jobs to China and Mexico while taking tax money from Canadians.

Endless impunity

The actions of the Bombardier executives show that they act with a sense of endless impunity. They pay themselves gigantic bonuses as they ask for our money. They say they needed to be rewarded for “performance” despite losing billions for their company. And to top it all off, they outsource Canadian jobs.

And all the while, Justin Trudeau goes around giving up our money to Bombardier, without any conditions on protecting Canadian jobs.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/04 ... yer-money/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Harper government's announcement of $350-million in loans for Montreal-based Bombardier is an especially sweet commitment for the Conservatives: It may help boost their sagging fortunes in Quebec and doesn't cost them a penny of extra spending.

i was against it then ^^ im against it now

Return to “Canada”