RCMP recruitment changes

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: RCMP recruitment changes

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:all so called desk jobs can be handled by NON RCMP

lol - hardly.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

why cant they?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Investigative work doesn't necessarily mean one needs to be in tip top shape.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:Investigative work doesn't necessarily mean one needs to be in tip top shape.

true but you said desk jobs.I was thinking along slightly different lines. Investigative work still involves a lot of leg work
but agree its more about having a great brain than a great physical strength
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Most RCMP office jobs are carried out by non members, including dispatchers because it is cheaper than having a police officer do such jobs.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Donald G wrote:Most RCMP office jobs are carried out by non members, including dispatchers because it is cheaper than having a police officer do such jobs.

the one big waste that just kills me everytime I see it is the so called media liaison officer that speaks to the media and gives reports. why it takes a trained cop at a cost of around 150K per year to do the media thing is beyond me
Thunder River

Post by Thunder River »

dontrump wrote:the one big waste that just kills me everytime I see it is the so called media liaison officer that speaks to the media and gives reports. why it takes a trained cop at a cost of around 150K per year to do the media thing is beyond me

Using that logic, or lack there of, you must also be against the PM or Premier holding a press conference.
The reason there is an official media liaison officer is because the official spokesperson must be privy to all the pertinent info so they appropriately answer questions from the floor.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The police can be held accountable for information released by the police. Not for information released by anyone else.

In addition an opportunity to "show the uniform" is seldom missed in the interests of public relations. Especially when the picture involves successful investigations.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Donald G wrote:The police can be held accountable for information released by the police. Not for information released by anyone else.

In addition an opportunity to "show the uniform" is seldom missed in the interests of public relations. Especially when the picture involves successful investigations.

what I have never been able to figure out is why when they have a big RCMP press release do they have to be so grandeur about it ? I mean it only takes a single person to read a pre written release I just don't see the need to have 6 various Top cops @ 150-250K per year PP to read a news release
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby dontrump » Today, 11:21 am

what I have never been able to figure out is why when they have a big RCMP press release do they have to be so grandeur about it ? I mean it only takes a single person to read a pre written release

It has to do with recognition for the job accomplished. The boss is there to show that his/her detachment is a well run and effective detachment. The "lesser" officers (almost always in uniform) are IMO often there to represent that it was a group effort. When serious files are involved you often see the Officer in Charge of the Detachment and a cross section of uniformed members rather than the plain clothes officers who actually carried out the investigation.

The Quarterly is full of articles aimed at conveying to HQ the wonderful job one high up officer or another has done ... often reflecting social activities or positive community relations activities.

Did you notice how few RCMP pictures were ever published to do with the Willy Picton murders ?? Did you never wonder why??

Although it was primarily a VPD investigation the RCMP also played a part in the investigation being screwed-up.
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

every time the rcmp has changed there recruitment their standards have dropped . But they must fill boots because their reputation is tarnished.
old timers who are retired and dont fear speaking out known this. But the fragile myth must be protected.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

One thing I have found over my 65 years is that all of us have had the expectation that a person joining the RCMP is above average intelligence, able to work under pressures, make critical decisions that are of critical importance, are honest,are totally upstanding and above reproach etc etc etc

well guess what? with the standards we have seen in the last 20 years all of this has simply disappeared, does not exist and there in lies many of the rcmp problems

Return to “Canada”