Some cheer on Ft Mac wildfire - it's "karma"

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Some cheer on Ft Mac wildfire - it's "karma"

Post by Rwede »

Well folks, I didn't think even the NDP were capable of this kind of disgusting radicalism. But I was wrong.

Tom Moffatt is an NDP candidate from Lethbridge, and a climate change warrior.

I'm a bit beyond words on this.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Alberta NDPer cheers on Ft Mac wildfire - it's "karma"

Post by Dizzy1 »

Yeah, I read about that on Facebook early this morning. I already figured that the NDP would be a one hit wonder in this Province, but between Notely right now and that tweet - they're pretty much done me thinks.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This guy may want to consider moving to more NDP friendly territory like downtown Vancouver or Toronto where they tolerate this kind of horrible garbage. Shame on this clown. What a total buffoon, but what a perfect representative of the idiots in the NDP that are pushing the LEAP manifesto.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Tom might just be feeln' vindictive towards the Alberta NDP and hopin' for a reaction like this 'cause he got the boot.

Alberta NDP Nominates New Candidate For Lethbridge East
Tom Roulston
Thursday, January 15th, 2015 1:29pm

Maria Fitzpatrick will represent Alberta's New Democrats in Lethbridge East in the next provincial election.

http://www.cjocfm.com/news-and-info/new ... idge-east/

Alberta's NDP selecting a new candidate for Lethbridge East in the next provincial election. Maria Fitzpatrick beat out Kris Hodgson and two time candidate Tom Moffat on Wednesday night to win the party's nomination race.
. . .
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Didn't take long for the NDP supporters to come and rationalize for this asshat.

What a sad party of nincompoops the NDP is.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Some people need to take a few lessons about assumptions.

For anyone to say what Tom said would be considered asshat.

Even it was Pat-Taporter@nincompoopcon.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Sorry, perhaps you could help me understand your post.

Where exactly is he "cheering on" the fire.

"Karma; (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences."

It would appear that you are stretching your anti-climate change right wing rhetoric further than he is stretching his. Do you spend you nights laying awake trying to decide how to change any news story into some sort of support for your failed conservative ideology?
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

"Karma; (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences."

In other words "getting what they deserved".

He is saying that they deserve this because of what they have done.
Thunder River

Post by Thunder River »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Image

Fortunately that asshat is not being paid by the taxpayers, he's a failed candidate from the 2008 election. He's obviously from the idiotic LEAP side of the NDP, so I doubt he's speaking for the more traditional working class NDP that Notley is trying to represent.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

From my Book of Buddha I take it that any phenomenon like this is a combination of 'conditions, circumstances, and capabilities.' And I believe the people of Fort McMurray will find there are people in good karma everywhere who will assist them to overcome their suffering. Also, I’m sure that some of those people will set aside their trivial penchants for bickering about politics to send them condolences and messaged of support, as well as to step up to help them regardless of political ideology.

Handing the hammer back to Rwede.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Joe Public wrote:Sorry, perhaps you could help me understand your post.

Where exactly is he "cheering on" the fire.

It would appear that you are stretching your anti-climate change right wing rhetoric further than he is stretching his. Do you spend you nights laying awake trying to decide how to change any news story into some sort of support for your failed conservative ideology?

He is correct in that this is related to climate change and there will be more of these catastrophes. His response though is callous, mean spirited and very badly timed. This was highly unprofessional.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:He is correct in that this is related to climate change and there will be more of these catastrophes.

No, he's not correct about anything.

Just like you to jump in and try to lend credence to his maniacal, mentally-deranged rant, though.

There's no compassion from leftists for the innocent families who have lost their homes, that's quite obvious. The leftists seem overjoyed that this catastrophe will have a huge effect on current oilsands development.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:No, he's not correct about anything.

Just like you to jump in and try to lend credence to his maniacal, mentally-deranged rant, though.

There's no compassion from leftists for the innocent families who have lost their homes, that's quite obvious. The leftists seem overjoyed that this catastrophe will have a huge effect on current oilsands development.

I'm not going to "debate" you on an accepted scientific finding.

I am not lending credence to anything. He should have kept his trap shut and I made that clear, people are fleeing their homes and we are in the middle of a crisis. Helping people and fighting this fire are the priorities right now. I was here in 2003 and remember very clearly the level of dread going through something like this brings. I can't imagine how much worse it was for those in Ft. Mac stuck on that highway literally fleeing through the fire to find safety.

Again, now is the time for people, not politics.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Ridiculous to blame Fort Mac or take comfort in the irony . . . but any jerk can take out a membership in a political party, and the Alberta NDP fired at least one candidate during the provincial election. It only goes to prove that Harper's loonies and the U.S. Tea Party extremists and anti-abortionists don't have a monopoly on political insensitivity and idiocy. He is entitled to his opinions in our democracy, but I hope he is shown the door by the Alberta NDP.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The Net has given extremists ready access to the media. One has only to read through some of the posts on Castanet for hundreds of examples of "extremist logic". It is only when the get into positions of power that they pose serious problems to society. Obviously the guy spoke of his extremist views before the election.

Return to “Canada”