Liberals threaten to take full control of the House

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liberals threaten to take full control of the House

Post by Rwede »

Rona Ambrose wrote:Justin Trudeau once said he admired the Chinese dictatorship, but we never dreamed he would emulate it here.

Do not let this undemocratic behaviour go. Make sure every Canadian knows about the truth of ‘sunny ways’ in Justin Trudeau’s Ottawa.

“Liberal House Leader Dominc LeBlanc gave notice the government could seize control of the House of Commons.” – CTV News

Liberals threaten to take full control of the House as deadline looms

Published Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:52PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:19PM EDT

The opposition parties are pushing back after Liberal House Leader Dominc LeBlanc gave notice the government could seize control of the House of Commons.

LeBlanc has given notice of a motion that would let the Liberals force overnight debates and adjourn the House for the summer without any notice and with no debate. The motion would also restrict the opposition parties' ability to slow down proceedings.

Notice is required before any motion can be put before the House for a vote, but giving notice doesn't require that the government go ahead with it, so the motion could be simply a threat to force the cooperation of opposition parties as the Liberals try to wrap up business before the summer.

SNIP!

Conservative House Leader Andrew Scheer called the move unprecedented and said it came out of left field.

"The motion that they put on notice is something that I’ve never seen or even heard of. It’s one thing for the government to use the tools available to it to implement its agenda. It’s another thing to take away tools from the opposition, and that’s what we’re seeing. This is a very undemocratic proposal by the government," Scheer said.

SNIP!

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair accused LeBlanc of "straight-up lying."

"This attempt to put a straight jacket on Parliament deprives Canadians of their most important democratic institution," Mulcair said. "It's childish petulance by the Liberals who almost lost a vote this week, who are now trying to put their straightjacket on Parliament and submit it to their majority will."

SNIP!

The opposition parties say talks among the House leaders, which are a normal part of the behind-the-scenes discussions in Parliament, broke down this week. LeBlanc wouldn't tell the Conservatives and NDP which bills would be debated over the next few weeks.

"We had a very short house leaders’ meeting where the opposition were not even provided with a calendar. That's something that didn't happen in the last Parliament. Even when things broke down between the opposition and government, the Conservative government always gave the opposition a calendar for what was going to be debated," Scheer said.

SNIP!

Full story: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberals ... sc=I88FM0W
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Liberals threaten to take full control of the House

Post by The Green Barbarian »

yikes!!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Interesting, the liberals are starting to act like Harper style Conservatives.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The floor in the House looked like a WWF arena this afternoon...all tag-teamed in... :1422:

That's one way to do a take over...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Hurtlander wrote:Interesting, the liberals are starting to act like Harper style Conservatives.

really - when did Harper ever elbow the Vegas Party girl from the NDP in the boobs?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I sure hope someone takes control of the House! Why I think as a Canadian it is pathetic what occurred recently. As a leader I further would like him to learn the language, he sounds like a fool with the way he ums, and ahhs his way through anything he says.

He is not a leader and it is does not make me proud to say I am Canadian! Very sad state of affairs.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Ken7 wrote:I sure hope someone takes control of the House! Why I think as a Canadian it is pathetic what occurred recently. As a leader I further would like him to learn the language, he sounds like a fool with the way he ums, and ahhs his way through anything he says.

He is not a leader and it is does not make me proud to say I am Canadian! Very sad state of affairs.

I spoke recently with a highly skilled, very experienced law enforcement veteran whom I had witnessed questioning a suspect in an incident.

He said the guy he interviewed was innocent, and I asked him how he knew that. He said after all his years, he recognizes liars right away when they are being questioned. Ums and ahs are the sign of a liar. The guy he interviewed had none.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

When I was studying for my commerce degree back in the 80s everyone had to take a public speaking course. I still remember the criticism that came up most often, unnecessary use of 'umms.' I have witnesses many speeches by CEOs that included 'ums.' What you are trying to insinuate is ridiculous.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Damage is done. There's no morning after pill for the JustinLiberals.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Rwede: I spoke recently with a highly skilled, very experienced law enforcement veteran whom I had witnessed questioning a suspect in an incident.

He said the guy he interviewed was innocent, and I asked him how he knew that. He said after all his years, he recognizes liars right away when they are being questioned. Ums and ahs are the sign of a liar. The guy he interviewed had none.

and

frazdog wrote:When I was studying for my commerce degree back in the 80s everyone had to take a public speaking course. I still remember the criticism that came up most often, unnecessary use of 'umms.' I have witnesses many speeches by CEOs that included 'ums.' What you are trying to insinuate is ridiculous.

I was wondering along the same lines when I heard the PM apologize yesterday. For a 'polished' public speaker and a former actor and acting/drama teacher he sure faltered a lot...it was almost laughable. I did not find his comments sincere in the least because of his bumbling talk. To me, I felt he came across as wanting to get the whole mess over with as quickly as possible. Well, looks like that ain't gonna happen any time soon. If the Liberals wish to take control of The House any time soon they better put a muzzle and leash on their Leader...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

frazdog wrote:When I was studying for my commerce degree back in the 80s everyone had to take a public speaking course. I still remember the criticism that came up most often, unnecessary use of 'umms.' I have witnesses many speeches by CEOs that included 'ums.' What you are trying to insinuate is ridiculous.

One would think a educated individual would not have any difficulty speaking English. I do realize TRU is bi-lingual however, you can tell when he is lost. He stubbles along like a babbling idiot!

Give him a prepared speech and he can actually read English. As for his umms and ahs, I have specialized training and that is not always true-do. He gives more away with his body language in my opinion.

Did anyone listen by chance to CBC radio today?? All the sheeples were attempting to make what Trudeau did a example of leadership. They further attempted to direct or deflect his actions on others. Really, please! He looked like a spoiled brat the way he acted and that is n my opinion what he is, was likely never held accountable for his actions and give him time, you too will see it is already showing true.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 19th, 2016, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 19th, 2016, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reply to removed post.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ken7 wrote:I sure hope someone takes control of the House! Why I think as a Canadian it is pathetic what occurred recently. As a leader I further would like him to learn the language, he sounds like a fool with the way he ums, and ahhs his way through anything he says.

Ken7.........you must have absolutely nothing good to say about Mayor Basran then.........the poster-child for incoherency and head bobbling whenever he speaks. He is "Olympic Class" in that category.

Return to “Canada”