Brosseau target of personal attacks

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Brosseau target of personal attacks

Post by oneh2obabe »

Now that you've gotten your jabs in, get back on topic NOW.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 22nd, 2016, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I wonder if this is a bigger tempest on this forum than it is in the nation as a whole. If it had been as big a deal elsewhere in Canada, I might have expected the P.M. to have made some sort of statement, maybe acknowledge he had a flashpoint that he'd keep under control in future, and promise to let policing be carried out by the sergeant-at-arms.

Obviously he hasn't been "arrested" by the political authorities; I see he's off to Japan. Maybe he is trying to be a world-stage player before he gets the nitty gritty figured out about leading the country and running Parliament. The Liberals fell to 3rd place before, they can do it again.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

This is such a pointless event, why its been dragged out is a waste of time.

Rona "The buffoon" Ambrose is loving every minute. The dolt needs to retire from Canadian politics, shes a waste of Canadian tax payers money.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Gixxer wrote:This is such a pointless event, why its been dragged out is a waste of time.

Rona "The buffoon" Ambrose is loving every minute. The dolt needs to retire from Canadian politics, shes a waste of Canadian tax payers money.

Do you really believe that the rules set out for our Parliamentary Procedures and Protocol are a 'pointless event' and a 'waste of time'?

Rona Ambrose is not the topic but since you brought her up, I think she pretty much ROCKS! :smt045
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Ka-El wrote:Good for you :smt045

Indeed it is. Thanks so much. :skippingsheep:
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Too funny . . . the "elbowgate" video has come to the attention of my 20-something non-partisan son, who says it looks like Ms. Brosseau took a "soccer dive" when J.T. touched her. From the mouths of babes . . .
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

occasional thoughts wrote:Too funny . . . the "elbowgate" video has come to the attention of my 20-something non-partisan son, who says it looks like Ms. Brosseau took a "soccer dive" when J.T. touched her. From the mouths of babes . . .

That's what the video evidence certainly indicates, but Ms. Brosseau is so deep into the lie now that she has little choice but to stay with it. She may well become collateral damage in an NDP agenda.

While I can understand the frustration that gave the PM cause to enter the fray, his inexperience as a politician was evident here. He hasn't developed the weaponry to joust with the seasoned veterans of Canadian government. In my opinion, the necessity for having these tools at one's disposal is indicative of the systemic disease that has infected our government at both the provincial and federal levels.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 22nd, 2016, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop trying to derail threads!
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

fluffy wrote:That's what the video evidence certainly indicates, but Ms. Brosseau is so deep into the lie now that she has little choice but to stay with it. She may well become collateral damage in an NDP agenda.

While I can understand the frustration that gave the PM cause to enter the fray, his inexperience as a politician was evident here. He hasn't developed the weaponry to joust with the seasoned veterans of Canadian government. In my opinion, the necessity for having these tools at one's disposal is indicative of the systemic disease that has infected our government at both the provincial and federal levels.

Both well said and well observed Fluffy on ALL accounts!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

pepsilover wrote:
Do you really believe that the rules set out for our Parliamentary Procedures and Protocol are a 'pointless event' and a 'waste of time'?

Rona Ambrose is not the topic but since you brought her up, I think she pretty much ROCKS! :smt045

I never said Parliamentary Procedures and Protocol are a "pointless event" and a "wasted of time"

The supposed elbowing of Brosseau is a pointless event is and a waste of time.

Im well aware this isnt about Rona Ambrose but she was very vocal of the incident. But good on you for playing moderator and setting the record straight.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Perhaps you could have been a bit more articulate and referred to what the 'pointless event' was that you were referring to. Just a suggestion. :smt045
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

pepsilover wrote:Perhaps you could have been a bit more articulate and referred to what the 'pointless event' was that you were referring to. Just a suggestion. :smt045

This isnt about me being more articulated.

Seems very clear the event being talked about is the elbowing of Brosseau.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

With all due respect, my dearest esteemed colleague Gixxer, as the OP the topic of this tread initiated over Brosseau's claims of being the 'target of personal attacks'. It has since morphed, as threads naturally seems to always do herein, into another slightly different vein of that being the actual incident of 'the elbowing' itself.

Personally, and I have boringly mentioned this before to tedium (for which I humbly apologize), I think Ms. Brosseau is going to rue the day she took any part in this unseemingly 'series of unfortunate event's. I firmly believe this will bring about her eventual untimely political demise. We shall see...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Brosseau from that day on will forever be known as an out and out liar ON TOP of being THE "opportunist" and "lottery winner". She has brought NOTHING to the table as far as representing her riding and will forever be known for this incident and her immature antics........along with some of her other party losers. She deserves everything that is being said about
her. It was patrons at a bar where she worked as a bartender that asked if they could put her name in to run in the federal election.........bottom line........the whole thing was a joke and now our tax dollars have to pay for her total incompetence........UNBELIEVABLE! Her getting elected in 2011 was just part of the NDP "wave" at that time. I am pretty sure an Ottawa sewer rat could have run and won in that riding that year.

Return to “Canada”