Brosseau target of personal attacks

pepsilover
Übergod

Re: Brosseau target of personal attacks

Post by pepsilover »

This might be a good read for those who don't understand that Canada has some pretty particular parliamentary procedures that are to be followed. It seems some are just not getting it. Maybe they never took social studies.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/House/compe ... ting-e.htm
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

fluffy wrote:
The way what has always been done? This whole mess was instigated by the NDP's totally juvenile disruptive tactics to hinder parliamentary procedure. I don't care if that's the way it's always been done, it was deplorable behavior. The PM's reaction, while poorly considered, was completely understandable in the face of adults acting out like petulant children. There is nothing the least bit honourable about the NDP's actions before, during or after this mess.

Do you not believe the Prime Minister should be held to the highest standard? That he should be the one setting the tone? If not, why not? Because he had a 'bad hair day'? Or because ???? He's the PRIME MINISTER, he is supposed to be able to rise above this kind of thing, SET THE EXAMPLE. Sure he can shout it out once in awhile, but this diversion from procedure was WAY DIFFERENT than that. I don't think you get it.

To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

pepsilover wrote:This might be a good read for those who don't understand that Canada has some pretty particular parliamentary procedures that are to be followed. It seems some are just not getting it. Maybe they never took social studies.

We all remember Harper and his Omnibus Bills. No social studies needed.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

pepsilover wrote:Do you not believe the Prime Minister should be held to the highest standard? That he should be the one setting the tone? If not, why not? Because he had a 'bad hair day'? Or because ???? He's the PRIME MINISTER, he is supposed to be able to rise above this kind of thing, SET THE EXAMPLE. Sure he can shout it out once in awhile, but this diversion from procedure was WAY DIFFERENT than that. I don't think you get it.

I've said repeatedly that the PM didn't display sound judgement in his decision to intervene. What is going on here is that people are using that lapse in judgement to whitewash over the root cause of the incident, and the behavior of NDP members throughout the whole thing.

What you don't get is that I hold no particular party allegiance, nor am I a great fan of any of our elected officials at this time. In stark contrast, I think you are letting your partisan bias cloud your vision. There is more than enough fault to go around here, substantially more than what should rest on the PM's shoulders alone.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:We all remember Harper and his Omnibus Bills. No social studies needed.

Apparently you do.

:smt045
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

fluffy wrote:
I've said repeatedly that the PM didn't display sound judgement in his decision to intervene. What is going on here is that people are using that lapse in judgement to whitewash over the root cause of the incident, and the behavior of NDP members throughout the whole thing.

What you don't get is that I hold no particular party allegiance, nor am I a great fan of any of our elected officials at this time. In stark contrast, I think you are letting your partisan bias cloud your vision. There is more than enough fault to go around here, substantially more than what should rest on the PM's shoulders alone.

No it isn't partisan politics where I am concerned, it is 'the man' Trudeau that I cannot stand. I have never in my life disliked a politician SO much. He is everything I think is smarmy (insincere etc.) He thinks if he 'talks' about something long enough most people will buy his pap; and the fact that many do bothers me as well, that people can't see what a liar and manipulator he truly is. He is like a cult leader in my eyes. I just plain DON'T LIKE HIM. There are a ton of things I do not like about his politics of course, but the bottom line for me is 'the man'. A sellout, an opportunist, a 'pretty boy'. I bet he even gets his fingernails and toenails manicured! Arrrrggghhh! I can't STAND men like that.

However, in this particular instance, I am focusing more on Trudeau than on Elbowgate, because I believe that Trudeau's handlers are swaying the media to take the focus OFF him and I am more than happy to put it right back on his skanky butt. Hold him accountable. Watch him squirm. It's more about him as a person, than a partisan issue. I do not see Trudeau as pro Canadian, I see him as wanting to be recognized on the 'world stage' making it all about him, not all about Canadians. If that is partisan, then guilty as charged. And proud of it.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

pepsilover wrote: However, in this particular instance, I am focusing more on Trudeau than on Elbowgate, ...

Good for you :smt045
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

pepsilover wrote:[No it isn't partisan politics where I am concerned, it is 'the man' Trudeau that I cannot stand. I have never in my life disliked a politician SO much. He is everything I think is smarmy (insincere etc.) He thinks if he 'talks' about something long enough most people will buy his pap; and the fact that many do bothers me as well, that people can't see what a liar and manipulator he truly is. He is like a cult leader in my eyes. I just plain DON'T LIKE HIM. There are a ton of things I do not like about his politics of course, but the bottom line for me is 'the man'. A sellout, an opportunist, a 'pretty boy'. I bet he even gets his fingernails and toenails manicured! Arrrrggghhh! I can't STAND men like that.

Yeah, you've obviously gone so far past losing your objectivity on this that the light from objectivity would would take ten million years to reach you.

Yeah... we get it... you have a personal dislike for the man... Nobody cares.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 21st, 2016, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not alter quotes.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

pepsilover wrote:I bet he even gets his fingernails and toenails manicured! Arrrrggghhh! I can't STAND men like that.

:digging:

Poindexter wrote:If getting random angry tweets is on the same level as this then a few of the castanet posters probably 'personally assaul' Justin ten times before breakfast on an average day.

EXACTLY what I wanted to say. QFT.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Brosseau had a choice just as we all do. She had the option of acting her age and a good role model, or participating in what was no more or less than public mischief.

She chose the latter and feels she's owed an apology????? Not friggin likely!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Brosseau had a choice just as we all do. She had the option of acting her age and a good role model, or participating in what was no more or less than public mischief.

She chose the latter and feels she's owed an apology????? Not friggin likely!

The person not acting his age is Trudeau. The person not respecting the honour and decorum of his office is Trudeau. The person not respecting Parliament, and lying during the election when he promised a return to honouring Parliamentary procedure and respect, is Trudeau.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

pepsilover wrote:I bet he even gets his fingernails and toenails manicured! Arrrrggghhh! I can't STAND men like that.

...it is easy to conclude you're certainly no Sophie, so I don't think he's going to be concerned with your thoughts on his aesthetics.

Beosseau got in way over her head with participating in this BS the way she did. I think my daughter saw stuff like this in middle school.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

kgcayenne wrote:
...it is easy to conclude you're certainly no Sophie, so I don't think he's going to be concerned with your thoughts on his aesthetics.

You got that right! I don't want to be like Sophie, could care less what he thinks of me. Are you like Sophie? Do you want to be like Sophie? <I bet you do> :smt045
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Nah, I'm cool---I have my own assets. One of which is not being goaded into *bleep* in a hornet's nest like Brosseau.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

kgcayenne wrote:Nah, I'm cool---I have my own assets. One of which is not being goaded into *bleep* in a hornet's nest like Brosseau.

Makes two of us, and mine include property. :smt045

Return to “Canada”