The PM blows it in Japan, and he hasn't even started

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

The PM blows it in Japan, and he hasn't even started

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Solberg: Field Notes: Hey JT, the west wants back in, again.

Monte Solberg - May 24, 2016

I couldn’t sleep last night, the burden of a patriot (heh heh). The problem is that the new government has pushed western Canada out of the Canadian economic union, and the west wants back in again.

As you will know the Prime Minister is in Japan right now. His official release on the reason for the trip reads as follows:

“While in Japan, Prime Minister Trudeau will have an audience with the Emperor and Empress of Japan (which is awesome), and will meet with Prime Minister Abe to reaffirm the close and growing ties between Canada and Japan across a broad range of areas of cooperation. The Prime Minister will also meet with leaders in the automotive sector to discuss ways to further promote trade and investment between Canada and Japan, all of this in an effort to create good-paying jobs for Canadians, strengthen the middle class, and work towards clean and sustainable economic growth”.

http://newshubnation.com/4kqV2M6zW/Solb ... en-started
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 25th, 2016, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You know the rules - follow them!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Re: The PM blows it in Japan, and he hasn't even started

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

No surprises in that article.
Little Pierre is simply following in his old mans footsteps.
Little Pierre learned long ago from Canada's worst PM ever(his old man) that as long as he kisses Ontario and Quebec's *bleep*, he can screw the west over.
He only Needs to keep Ontario east happy to secure enough votes to stay in power.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gone_Fishin wrote:As you will know, for political reasons, the new Liberal government delayed the environmental assessment of the proposed Pacific NorthWest LNG plant at Prince Rupert, which means Canadians are losing the opportunity at jobs, prosperity, and even environmental gains. The Liberals talked themselves into a corner during the election so now unemployed workers stay unemployed for even longer.

Trudeau didn't bother bringing up LNG because his advisers and government economists did their homework (unlike the author of the above article)

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2016/04 ... a-exposed/
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/j ... -1.2896527

Canada was a decade too late to enter the LNG industry, they missed that boat. But yes Japan still needs oil, so the Trudeau government would be well advised to say yes to the KM expansion..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 25th, 2016, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic. Stick to the subject. Thanks.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 25th, 2016, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

From the news reports it doesn't sound like the PM had much luck 'opening the doors' with the Japanese Auto Giants.
I wonder if BCs Christy Clark was aware that JT wasn't going to advocate on the LNG topic ?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Barney Google wrote:I wonder if BCs Christy Clark was aware that JT wasn't going to advocate on the LNG topic ?

Unlike the Christy Clark government, the Trudeau government is fully aware of the fact that the world wide LNG bubble has burst. Read the two links posted above..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

On CBC yesterday there were reports that Japanese spokespeople indicated Japan would be interested in LNG from BC because it is still widely used there.

Thanks Hurt, I have read those articles
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Salient points:

As you will know, for political reasons, the new Liberal government delayed the environmental assessment of the proposed Pacific NorthWest LNG plant at Prince Rupert, which means Canadians are losing the opportunity at jobs, prosperity, and even environmental gains. The Liberals talked themselves into a corner during the election so now unemployed workers stay unemployed for even longer.

Oh, and by the way, Japan is the world’s 3rd largest net importer of crude oil. When Canada produces oil we meet the highest emission and environmental standards in the world, but if the Prime Minister won’t promote natural gas it goes without saying he won’t promote Canadian oil, even if it means Canadian oil would push out oil that comes from countries with few or no emission, environmental, human rights, safety or labour standards.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Here's the real reason for the trip. The meetings with heads of state was just a 'filler'. Pretty sure Sophie had her hands on these plans.

http://www.680news.com/2016/05/25/trude ... footsteps/
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

pepsilover wrote:Here's the real reason for the trip. The meetings with heads of state was just a 'filler'. Pretty sure Sophie had her hands on these plans.

http://www.680news.com/2016/05/25/trude ... footsteps/

In other words, more marketing of the Trudeau brand on our credit card (it can't be "on our dime," as he spent all our dimes, and is using the $30 billion credit card now).
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Our next PM should be a single man with no family. Possibly put forth by the church. We should lock him in a room and give him skype access from which to meet with foreign leaders, but only Netanyahu and Trump. Before the PM can leave his room, or vote on any motions, Canadians should be given a referendum on whether or not we want him to do that.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^Great ideas!!! :smt045 :smt045

Edited to add: or single woman...
- Unknown
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Gone_Fishin wrote:

In other words, more marketing of the Trudeau brand on our credit card (it can't be "on our dime," as he spent all our dimes, and is using the $30 billion credit card now).

Could be. The first story on my home page this morning to smack me between the eyes was how the Japanese are 'swooning' over Canada's 'hunky PM'. They even have a pet name for him. (Might want to take some gravol before reading).

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/jap ... spartandhp

"Trudeau has been dubbed "ikemen shusho" -- Japanese for "hunky PM" -- by local media and fans, some of whom took to Twitter to post bare-chested photos of the premier, commenting on the "cool" tattoo of a raven on his left arm.

Others gleefully reposted photos that have appeared previously in the media of Trudeau boxing or in various yoga poses, with a young female fan still in high school commenting: "He looks like the actor Tom Cruise."
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Well out of all the leaders present, I would have to say that Trudeau and Obama are the best looking.

It's an off topic remark that doesn't have anything to do with the policies being discussed, but it isn't any fault of theirs for how they look.

And for those that need a gravol, I'm sorry that you can't stomach the fact that human beings are attracted to attractive human beings.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”