Trudeau stars in illegal advertisement

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau stars in illegal advertisement

Post by Rwede »

The only deceitful claim in this thread was Trudeau's promise during the election to end partisan government advertising.

He didn't last 2 weeks until he broke his own rules. 2 weeks. The allure of the camera is intoxicating for him. He can't help himself.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Rwede wrote:Liberals stylishly break own rules: Prime “Rib” Minister Trudeau “wines and dines” in ILLEGAL ad

Just two weeks after Treasury Board President Scott Brison announced that the government would be defining partisan ads as those with "any name, voice or image of a federal politician," among other criteria, a wining-and-dining Prime Minister Justin Trudeau starred in a video ad in a Montreal eatery, intended to promote Canada.

http://www.therebel.media/liberals_styl ... illegal_ad

And, a snippet from CTV, because fanbois don't like the Rebel:

Liberals spent $24,000 on tourism video that Tories say broke ban on partisan ads

Conservative MPs alleged Trudeau breached a strict ban on the use of partisan advertising paid for by government that was put into place in May.

Among the new conditions announced by Treasury Board President Scott Brison was a prohibition on appearances by ministers or MPs in government ads.

The Liberals, however, claimed that Trudeau’s appearance in the tourism video didn’t breach the new rules because it was part of a social media campaign and there was no purchase of broadcast time -- an apparent contradiction of Brison’s earlier remarks, which suggested social media campaigns were covered by the policy.

The ad was released on YouTube on Tuesday.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/glen-mcg ... -1.2914998

“Destination Canada tells me the half-day shoot of the interview and the post-production cost about $24-thousand including all expenses for the crew and Chef Kristin, and including taxes,” said James Fitz-Morris.

I've said from the get-go, this is a guy who thinks the rules are not made for him. It's so obvious, and this is a prime example of that. He is flipping the bird just like dear old Dad did.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

JLives wrote:Promoting our country is excatly what the PM should be doing. It's part of his job. God you're a bunch of whiners.

LOL it goes with the territory. Win the election? Get ready for the critics. You know this right?

Or, how I like to look at it "With responsibility comes accountability". Poor little Justin and Sophie so thin-skinned. <tearing up>
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*well then, maybe we should see if we can get back on topic? i vote yes!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2016, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”