Trudeau stars in illegal advertisement

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau stars in illegal advertisement

Post by whatwhat »

Rwede wrote:Liberals stylishly break own rules: Prime “Rib” Minister Trudeau “wines and dines” in ILLEGAL ad

Just two weeks after Treasury Board President Scott Brison announced that the government would be defining partisan ads as those with "any name, voice or image of a federal politician," among other criteria, a wining-and-dining Prime Minister Justin Trudeau starred in a video ad in a Montreal eatery, intended to promote Canada.

What is the "other criteria"?? Because if the "other criteria" is anything like what the Liberals are fighting for when it comes to partisan ads, it would make this entire article useless.

Truly another journalist masterpiece by the Rebel. Picking and choosing sentences out of polices, while leaving the "other's" unknown while also giving no sources so they can try and make the Liberals look bad. Good job.
hail Satan y'all
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

whatwhat wrote:What is the "other criteria"?? Because if the "other criteria" is anything like what the Liberals are fighting for when it comes to partisan ads, it would make this entire article useless.

Truly another journalist masterpiece by the Rebel. Picking and choosing sentences out of polices, while leaving the "other's" unknown while also giving no sources so they can try and make the Liberals look bad. Good job.

Watch the clip, you can see and hear Scott Brison for yourself at 2:33
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

driveangry wrote:Watch the clip, you can see and hear Scott Brison for yourself at 2:33

Normally I would never watch a Rebel video as they are painfully bias and full of name calling (aka Prime Rib Trudeau?? Hard to take anyone seriously when they are name-calling, let alone a "credible" journalist and news source). But I figured I would watch anyways.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/brison-government-advertising-rules-1.3578904

-Ads must avoid using the name, voice or image of any minister, MP or senator.

I think the issue lies with whether or not this is considered a "advertisement". Which I wouldn't say it is. It is in no way supporting a party, person, cause or even a product. Is it a horrible thing that our PM is supporting Canada? I would hope any political party would say no.
hail Satan y'all
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

whatwhat wrote:
Normally I would never watch a Rebel video as they are painfully bias and full of name calling (aka Prime Rib Trudeau?? Hard to take anyone seriously when they are name-calling, let alone a "credible" journalist and news source). But I figured I would watch anyways.

I like The Rebel, even though they are sometimes way over the top. Brian Lilley has been a serious journalist for a long time, and whether you love him or hate him, Ezra is a smart cookie. If people can get past their immense distaste for the presenters, they questions they ask and the issues they bring up are every bit as valid, as the criticism Harper got regularly from the CBC and it's squadron editorialists masquerading as journalists.

On this issue, however, I think The Rebel is trying a little too hard. Justin and the rest of his bronies will be giving The Rebel a lot of ammunition as their term passes. Unless it says "Brought to you by the Trudeau Liberals", anything promoting Canada should be considered a good thing.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Rwede wrote:That's kinda what the whole gist is here, ya know.

oneh2obabe wrote:The whole gist is how many threads are started about anything and everything the PM and his wife and family do. As for the uproar over Laureen's videos - how many threads were started here?

Good god, if the PM farted every morning at 6:57 I'm sure there would be a thread in short order questioning why he couldn't wait until 7:01 so he wasn't breaking any noise bylaws.

You seem to have a very selective memory. There was never any shortage of threads started about anything and everything Harper did and the vitriol level was through the roof.

Where is your outrage at the insane number of Christy Clark threads started by a select few posters? Why is it that everyone else is fair game except Justin Trudeau.
Last edited by ferri on May 26th, 2016, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: proper name inserted.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

oneh2obabe wrote:Good god, if the PM farted every morning at 6:57 I'm sure there would be a thread in short order questioning why he couldn't wait until 7:01 so he wasn't breaking any noise bylaws.

Actually, Justin doesn't fart.

If he did, CBC would be be shamelessly promoting these Sunny Ways as a "breath of fresh air"

Oh wait....
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*if this thread becomes another one of those where we see who can come up with the most clever name for someone i will remove it. it adds nothing to the topic. get on topic, stay on topic and act like adults.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

JLives wrote:Promoting our country is excatly what the PM should be doing. It's part of his job. God you're a bunch of whiners.

You missed the whole point The government(trudeau) has deemed theses ads illegal so u can not make a law and then break the law you made yourself
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

dontrump wrote:You missed the whole point The government(trudeau) has deemed theses ads illegal so u can not make a law and then break the law you made yourself

Is this a partisan advertisement?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

oneh2obabe wrote:The whole gist is how many threads are started about anything and everything the PM and his wife and family do. As for the uproar over Laureen's videos - how many threads were started here?

Good god, if the PM farted every morning at 6:57 I'm sure there would be a thread in short order questioning why he couldn't wait until 7:01 so he wasn't breaking any noise bylaws.

How many threads have you started to the contrary of these threads? At least your fair share, and I'm glad you do, because that's what makes this forum interesting. If we were to "CBC-ize" this forum and only have pro-Trudeau threads that you like, I think it would be pretty boring. Embrace the diversity of opinions, and let's keep a lot of opinions going so we all become better informed about the "other guy's" points of view.

Trudeau gives his detractors one heck of a lot of ammunition, daily it seems, because he's such an incompetent moron. And I don't expect him to suddenly become prime ministerial material - in fact, he never will be. He doesn't have the ability.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Anyone in public eye who many seem to consider 'attractive", goes to extra lengths to present themselves as someone whose standards of behaviour are above and better than the rest, readily promises everything and anything, and thrives on media attention easily invites more scrutiny then someone who may be more reserved and introspective. JT is not the first, nor will be the last to attract that kind of attention - good and bad.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2016, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Maybe participating in this ad with two celebrity chefs was an oppotunity for JT to hone his acting skills and drama experiecnce.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Trudeau gives his detractors one heck of a lot of ammunition, daily it seems, because he's such an incompetent moron.

I think it's more of a case of they'll try to use absolutely anything they can as ammunition.

Such as this whole deal, an advertisement promoting Canada is apparently a terrible thing, because Trudeau took the time to respond to an interview request...the ad has nothing to do with the Liberal party or any policies. Trudeau was chosen to be interviewed as a notable Canadian and the so called 'detractors' are of course outraged.

The whole attempt at 'Trudeau assaulted/molested a woman in parliament' thing? OK.

People still complain about Trudeau having nannies, calling them a waste of money/unnecessary and stating "why doesn't his wife take care of the kids?!?!?!?". Meanwhile his comes from the same house budget that Harper used to hire his house staff, including a personal chef who also performed duties such as washing the care and taking care of his kids (also sounds a bit like a nanny, no?). So why didn't Harpers wife just do the cooking? Is a personal chef really deemed as more of a necessary service than nannies taking care of his 3 young children?

Blah blah deficit, at least he was elected on the fact that he would be running deficits to try to stimulate the economy and help those in need. Harper promised surplus and still ran deficits larger than anything that has been forecaster by Trudeau's Libs so far, but of course Harper was great for running deficits and dumping money into companies already profiting in the billions in order to protect stock prices a bit...and Trudeau is apparently terrible for trying to help those who can't even afford to invest into their future yet by putting back in some policies that Harper had cut in order to give more to large corporations.

Calling everything he does a photo op? Does nobody remember when Harper came over here, took firefighters and equipment off the fireline for a few hours for an actual photo op? At least Trudeau stayed our of the way during the fort mac fire, let the crews do their job and arrived afterwards.

Has Trudeau done some things I don't agree with? Sure, but so has every PM...everyone has their own opinion and will have disagreements with certain things, a different opinion doesn't mean it's wrong...and when he does actually *bleep* up, it won't just be the Conservative base who is angry. However most of this 'ammunition' so far is just petty, and people are just grasping at straws trying to find things to be angry about because he hasn't actually had a major f-up yet.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Embrace the diversity of opinions, and let's keep a lot of opinions going so we all become better informed about the "other guy's" points of view.

Except that's not what's happening. Calling someone a mentally ill wife beater isn't an opinion nor does it do anything to inform anyone of anything.

This particular thread is just another one with information deliberately cut out in order to make a deceitful claim.

Return to “Canada”