Conservative party votes to change stance on homosexuality

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Conservative party votes to change stance on homosexuali

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31806

I see like 5 posts about it on this link and most are from you. Not one of them is anyone "freaking out" about gay marriage being potentially outlawed. I think your memories of people freaking out over mundane topics related to Harper are in your head. I know I never posted like that and not once regarding his personal life, wife or kids.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2016, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
I see like 5 posts about it on this link and most are from you. Not one of them is anyone "freaking out" about gay marriage being potentially outlawed..

Oh good grief. Are you really going to try and peddle the absolute history revisionist blarney that there weren't scores of people, of the far-left persuasion, that weren't fear-mongering and screaming about how Harper was going to reverse gay marriage and abortion if given a majority in 2011? Seriously? That's just sad. And ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the history revisionists here who try and sell the absolute crap that the BC NDP weren't economy-destroying psychos when in power in the 1990's. Just unbelievable and truly sad. A new low. A new low.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

I remember lots of people in the LGBT community on Facebook saying things about Harper outlawing gay marriage. Been reading this board since 2010 or so and don't remember people freaking out about it on here. Why does it matter, anyway? Why is everything a Harper vs Trudeau war or left vs right war?
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2016, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote:I remember lots of people in the LGBT community on Facebook saying things about Harper outlawing gay marriage.

The whole point was that there is still fear-mongering going on about the Conservatives which is totally base-less. Harper had four years of majority to attack gay marriage and he did nothing. He didn't enact any legislation, or load the Supreme Court with right-wing attack dogs. I still remember early on in the Conservative majority two foreign women who had gotten married in Canada wanted a divorce, and they couldn't get one, due to a fault of the Liberal legislation. The Globe and Mail and the far-left loons went crazy, claiming it was somehow the Conservatives' fault that these two people couldn't get divorced. The Conservatives moved quickly to fix the legislation and the two people were able to get a divorce. There literally was "nothing to see here", but it didn't stop the baying hounds of the lunatic leftist gang, who are always so quick to judge and slow to apologize, if ever.

The Conservatives did nothing while in power on gay marriage and yet bozos are still trying to claim that the Conservatives are against gay marriage. It's so childish and silly. I just wish all those who fear-mongered in the past would own up to the mistakes, and apologize. But we all know that's never going to happen, as the PC crowd and the far-left loons never apologize for their stupidity and lies. Ever.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

*removed*

Feels like a certain person(s) should apologize to the LGBT community far before anyone apologizes to the Conservatives for having legitimate worries about rights possibly being trampled on. It's pretty pathetic that it took until 2016 for the party to vote to change stance on homosexuality.
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2016, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Not a smart move. This will only encourage the split that's developing in the party between old-line Reformers and greedy urban neo-Cons. It's looking more and more like the party will return to the old pre-CRAP days.
Last edited by bob vernon on Jun 1st, 2016, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Not a smart move. This will only encourage the split that's developing in the party between old-line Reformers and greedy urban neo-Cons.

Evidence please????
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GB - you do need to note that 31% of the delegates voted to retain official opposition to gay marriage. Nearly 1/3.

11 years late, 2/3 of Conservatives are finally coming around to the reality of the world. The 1/3 is still a powerful political force within the CPC, and that, I suspect, is why the change was to a very lukewarm position of just not being officially opposed.

Big difference between "not being officially opposed" and supporting the rights of people to be who they are.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The whole point was that there is still fear-mongering going on about the Conservatives which is totally base-less. Harper had four years of majority to attack gay marriage and he did nothing. He didn't enact any legislation, or load the Supreme Court with right-wing attack dogs. I still remember early on in the Conservative majority two foreign women who had gotten married in Canada wanted a divorce, and they couldn't get one, due to a fault of the Liberal legislation. The Globe and Mail and the far-left loons went crazy, claiming it was somehow the Conservatives' fault that these two people couldn't get divorced. The Conservatives moved quickly to fix the legislation and the two people were able to get a divorce. There literally was "nothing to see here", but it didn't stop the baying hounds of the lunatic leftist gang, who are always so quick to judge and slow to apologize, if ever.

The Conservatives did nothing while in power on gay marriage and yet bozos are still trying to claim that the Conservatives are against gay marriage. It's so childish and silly. I just wish all those who fear-mongered in the past would own up to the mistakes, and apologize. But we all know that's never going to happen, as the PC crowd and the far-left loons never apologize for their stupidity and lies. Ever.

Well GB if it makes you feel better, I am sorry for something I never said or never believed in just because I am a "left-loon". Better??

Now can we get back on topic about this or do we need to talk about what a few Liberals said 5 years ago and try and hold it to ever Liberal every in the whole world? Maybe if you are looking for specific apologizes from specific posters, you can try to contact them privately to request an apology.

Obviously there are still people who are against gay marriage, just as hobbyguy posted about above, and these people do tend to have more Conservative values, and political stances. But I think most people are smart enough to realize that we are SO lucky to have the Conservative party we do have, and to not hold the values of a few to the whole group (hint hint, nudge nudge).

Canada was the third country in the world to legalize gay marriage in 2005. We were ahead of the game, and I believe that the majority of people in Canada do have more "liberal" values when it comes to marriage (and even abortion). When compared to the politics in the US we are light years ahead. I am glad the Conservatives were able to change there stances to be inline with a majority of members values.
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Canada”