Pot law chaos? That’s on Trudeau

dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Pot law chaos? That’s on Trudeau

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

he chaos in Toronto regarding the enforcement of pot laws isn’t Mayor John Tory’s fault, or city council’s fault, or Police Chief Mark Saunders’ fault.

It’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s fault.

He ran on legalizing pot in last year’s federal election.

Health Minister Jane Philpott told the United Nations on April 20 — International “Weed Day” — that the feds will introduce a law to legalize pot in the spring of 2017.

That’s what’s caused an explosion of illegal pot dispensaries in Toronto as they anticipate the legalization of marijuana and want to get a head start on their competitors.

Just as complicated as the legalization of pot — and the feds will have to change three international treaties to do it — is the issue of who’s going to be allowed to grow and sell it.

That’s going to be a multi-billion-dollar business.

Naturally, everyone from mom-and-pop sellers and growers, to government-approved medical marijuana growers, to the LCBO, to drug store chains, to organized crime, wants in on the action.

Indeed, a federal discussion paper warns organized crime may try to infiltrate the legal pot market.

That’s in addition to selling pot illegally at cheaper prices, as has happened with cigarettes, a legal product sold on the black market created by high government taxes.

Until pot’s legalized, Trudeau wants existing laws enforced

The root problem here is that Trudeau has created a feeding frenzy of interest in legalized pot, without legalizing pot.

And as the old saying goes, you can’t be half pregnant.

Nor can you suck and blow at the same time.
http://www.torontosun.com/

So it would seem that little Pierre used the pot heads for support to win the PM job, and now that he is done with the stoners wants them all arrested.
LOL , gotta hand it to little Pierre, he used his and every others potheads crutch to his advantage by promising to legalize pot, and now he has thrown them all to the wolves.
Just another day in the life of a Trudeau lying to Canadians to get what he wants, the sad part this time is that there was yet another group all to willing to buy into yet another Trudeau lie and has left Canadians with the most unqualified PM in the history of Canada.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
K_teela
Fledgling

Re: Pot law chaos? That’s on Trudeau

Post by K_teela »

Seems like no matter what Truedeau does the conservative base will find an angle to complain about.

He's taking too long!!!!!! - Pot issue, which was mentioned it would the implementation would be discussed/implemented around Spring of 2017 - would you rather he just make it legal without any thought or process behind it?

He's doing this too quickly!!!! - Regarding things such as Electoral reform - and the complaints that he should spend more time with pointless referendums rather than just getting a committee together to study/put fourth an implementation proposition

Feels like Goldilocks and the 3 bears in here...apart from people are unable to see the middle ground...though I guess this is politics in general lately.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

LOL, gotta love Trudeau fonbois, defend him to the end even when he is caught in out right lies.
So that’s what Saunders did in last week’s Operation Claudia, where police raided 43 marijuana dispensaries, arrested 90 people, laid almost 200 charges and seized 269 kilos of dried cannabis.
The root problem here is that Trudeau has created a feeding frenzy of interest in legalized pot, without legalizing pot.
Yep good job Justin lie through your teeth to your fellow pot heads and then turn around and have those very supporters arrested. Priceless.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The prerequisite to supporting legalization of Marijuana isn't necessarily being a pothead or even an occasional user.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Im surprised they haven't done the same in BC as in Ontario. In BC couldn't they just seize everything including property as it benefits from the profits of sale?
It wouldn't be a hard case to prove with retailers on national broadcasters bragging about how much they pull in.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

jimmy4321 wrote:The prerequisite to supporting legalization of Marijuana isn't necessarily being a pothead or even an occasional user.
Fair enough, although i'm guessing the majority of supporters are users in one way or another.
I find it funny that those that chose to support Justin for the legal pot issue alone are now finding themselves in the same boat as before his legalization lie. Yes that Justin is sure loyal to his supporters. LOL
yummyinmytummy

Post by yummyinmytummy »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Yep good job Justin lie through your teeth to your fellow pot heads

What exactly did he lie about? It's not Spring 2017.

Lots of people who want marijuana legalized don't use the drug, myself included.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 1st, 2016, 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

jimmy4321 wrote:The prerequisite to supporting legalization of Marijuana isn't necessarily being a pothead or even an occasional user.

Agreed jimmy4321, I personally don't smoke pot at all, but am able to see the benefits of legalization.

Fair enough, although i'm guessing the majority of supporters are users in one way or another.
I find it funny that those that chose to support Justin for the legal pot issue alone are now finding themselves in the same boat as before his legalization lie. Yes that Justin is sure loyal to his supporters. LOL

While I do see the benefits of the legalization of weed, I also understand that there are hurdles that are in the way of legalization, and that it will take some time. Trudeau can't just wave his magic wand and have it done, and I don't understand why some people think that's the way it works. And until these hurdles are dealt with, weed is still illegal and the RCMP through out Canada still need to follow the law when it comes to possession, dealing and grow-ops. Obviously I wish they could get legalization done right away, that just isn't going to happen realistically.
hail Satan y'all
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just because there is a possibility of legalization in the future does not give people a pass on breaking the law as it stands now!
The Police are obliged to uphold the existing Laws and to do otherwise would just not be right. They cannot pick and chose which Laws to uphold.

So to those who have jumped the gun and opened illegal stores...well suck it up buttercup...you lose!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Probably most who would support JT solely on his promise to legalize, probably never made it to the polls or were too young to vote. As far as legalization goes its as complicated as you wanna make it. The hurdles are self inflicted till they can figure a way to maximize the possible tax revenue.- thats fine they are the gov, i understand that.

I think i've seen polls that up to 70% of Canadians would support some form of legalization or decriminalization. Now obviously a minority are true "potheads" and most being occasional to NON users. That would probably explain why it hasn't been achieved decades ago. And the unwillingness for supporters of legalization to vote for one trick ponies.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

just one of many many promises to garner votes that was not fully thought out. Assisted dying is another, implementing all recommendations from T&R will be another. List goes on. Devil is always in the detail and politicians are either not asked asked nor can or will answer those kinds of specific questions during campaigns.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Rosemary1 wrote:just one of many many promises to garner votes that was not fully thought out. Assisted dying is another, implementing all recommendations from T&R will be another. List goes on. Devil is always in the detail and politicians are either not asked asked nor can or will answer those kinds of specific questions during campaigns.
This is why i find it so funny that little Pierre is promising his fellow potheads one thing and enforcing another.
Little Pierre could relax these laws against his fellow potheads but instead chooses to throw the book at them.
I guess there's no honor among potheads.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You guys are all over the place. Can someone explain to me exactly what the problem is? Trudeau has done exactly what he said he would for this. Things are still moving ahead. Are you complaining that he's taking too long? That private businesses are trying to capitalize on a potential business venture? Or that decriminalization didn't occur immediately?

Mulcair promised day 1 decriminalization, with ongoing efforts to bring in full legalization. Trudeau is focusing on legalization though ensuring existing laws are upheld until a plan can be implemented.

What plan exactly do you want? With the knowledge that 70% of Canadians agree wth legalization, and that only 1 political party was against it. What exactly is your ideal scenario for dealing with this?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I would still like to know exactly what promise was broken. I don't remember once during the campaign where he put a time on it being done or saying that there would be any relaxation of laws till it was changed. Those who jump the gun deserve everything they are getting. Hopefully they are blacklisted and will never get a legal grow operation.

Would someone please explain the promise that was broken. Perhaps you could dieseluphammerdown since you seem to know all about it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Bsuds wrote:Just because there is a possibility of legalization in the future does not give people a pass on breaking the law as it stands now!
The Police are obliged to uphold the existing Laws and to do otherwise would just not be right. They cannot pick and chose which Laws to uphold.

So to those who have jumped the gun and opened illegal stores...well suck it up buttercup...you lose!

I completely understand why some would attempt this. First to market can often be the best way to establish a business and product, however I hope the government takes notes of those that broke the law to try to be "first" and makes sure they are not granted licences when legal.

As in any business if you break the law to get ahead, there should be penalty.

Return to “Canada”