Albertans are Sissies

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Albertans are Sissies

Post by Glacier »

During the fires last month I made note of the fact that Alberta was under a smoke advisory from north to south, east to west, and suddenly as soon as you crossed into Saskatchewan or British Columbia there was no advisory. We're tough like that.

And now with the heat this week climbing up to 39 degrees in BC, no one is crying. Same goes for Saskatchwan. Mid 30s there, and no one cries. Alberta, on the other hand, has been under a "heat advisory for a couple of days for experiencing the same weather. They just can't handle the heat, I guess.

sissies.png
Last edited by Glacier on Jun 6th, 2016, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Albertans are Sissies

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I bet if you made underwear with this pattern on it they would probably sell like hotcakes. :130:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I believe official weather warnings are the sole property of Environment Canada, so (ahem) certain people on here can blame J. Trudeau for impugning the good Albertans.

But seriously . . . interesting. We'd have to enquire of EC Weather Office as to why.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I'm impressed that heat wave knows were Alberta/Saskatchewan border & is able to stay within Alberta side. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Well yes, that's the alternate, but unlikely (!!), explanation -- lol.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:I'm impressed that heat wave knows were Alberta/Saskatchewan border & is able to stay within Alberta side. lol

Didn't Harper say something once about building firewalls around Alberta? Maybe this is what he meant.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Maybe localized climate change, JUST for carbon-sinning Albertans! And again, lol.

Return to “Canada”