Polls show the NDP could get obliterated

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Polls show the NDP could get obliterated

Post by Glacier »

polls.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Re: Polls show the NDP could get obliterated

Post by OREZ »

Looks like the recent fun and games in the HOC didn't do them any favours but it sure didn't hurt the Liberals.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We are swiftly becoming a 2 party Country.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the leader meter shows ndp and cons with 29 percent favorable rating out of last ten polls
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:the leader meter shows ndp and cons with 29 percent favorable rating out of last ten polls

Polls have workout so well for the NDP in last few elections (last Federal & Provincial), you should stop trusting them
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i never started this thread . the polls only count if it shows the cons ahead of the ndp gordon ?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:We are swiftly becoming a 2 party Country.

Looks more like a 1.5 party Country.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

two parties right now don't have leaders. Not really fair to judge until they get some leaders in place to give a voice to the party policy. I do think though that the NDP is veering sharply away from the center and will therefore continue to decline as they pander to a shrinking pie and only target really clued out leftist losers. The Liberals will also inevitably decline as at some point JT will have to stop saying yes to everyone and everything.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP deserves to be obliterated. From Jen Gerson - excerpt:

This is a small case in point, but consider the leadership rules proposed last week: the party will likely replace Mulcair in October in 2017. Would-be leaders will have to collect 500 signatures, 50 from each of five regions. Additionally, half of the signatures will have to come from “female-identified members,” further, another 100 must be culled from “equity-seeking groups” like those who identify as indigenous, LGBT, visible minorities or people with disabilities.

Ignore, for a moment, that individuals who identify as any of these are somehow expected to stand in for entire “equity seeking” groups. As a statement of aspirational values, this is all fine and well. However, the ability to find a dozen gay or visible minorities to sign a petition hardly indicates broad-based support among these communities. It is just tokenism.

And is the NDP going to be following up to ensure the identity-based qualifications of the signees? How will this be checked?

Full column: http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... -elections

Return to “Canada”