Shame on Trudeau

dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Shame on Trudeau

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

By the time Trudeau took to the podium in Belleville, public outcry had forced the Conservatives to shuffle Julian Fantino out of the position of minister of veterans affairs and introduce a bill to recognize the government’s “sacred obligation” to veterans, among other measures. The Tories also agreed to put the case on hold until May 2016, after the federal election, to allow for what veterans’ lawyer Don Sorochan called “a nice competitive bidding (process) to see who’s going to do better.” That set the stage for Trudeau’s offer in Belleville: if elected, the Liberals would re-open the Veterans Affairs offices that had been shuttered by the Conservatives, introduce millions of dollars worth of new programs and benefits to improve the lives of veterans and their families, and re-establish the option of lifelong pensions for injured veterans — a change that Trudeau said would happen immediately.

Liberals expected to face backlash after budget backs off lifelong pensions for disabled veterans
Not only has that change not happened, but the Trudeau government has instead picked up where the Harper government left off and asked the court to rule on an earlier appeal to have the case dismissed, based on arguments that the government does not have a sacred obligation to veterans.
Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr deflected criticism of the move Monday, telling the Globe and Mail that, “this is part of an ongoing lawsuit, which began many years before we came into office,” though he did add that he is still “committed to all items in his mandate letter, including pensions for life.” Nevertheless, the Justice Department has offered no indication that it plans to drop the appeal, nor has the Ministry of Veterans Affairs offered any sort of timeline for if and when it aims to reinstate lifelong pensions.

There is usually some understanding after an election that the winning party will not be able to fulfil all of its election promises: the Liberals promised a series of $10-billion deficits, for example, yet they delivered a budget with a projected $30-billion deficit in the first year alone; they promised to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of 2015, yet they only reached that target by the end of February 2016; they pledged to lower the small business tax rate to nine per cent, but instead stuck it at 10.5 per cent.

To a certain extent, these offences are to be expected: a new government will always claim that the books aren’t as they expected, or that the logistics have proven more difficult than anticipated. These promises, however, are not in the same league as a pledge to uphold the cherished status that we reserve for the men and women that risked their lives for all Canadians. Indeed, to continue to pursue the government’s appeal is not simply for Trudeau to break another vow, but to also undermine the sacrifice that Canada’s veterans have made for our country. After campaigning off the backs of veterans, the Trudeau government seems to content to now turn its back to them. More than a broken promise — it’s a disgrace.
National Post
Seems the ever growing list of broken promises by Trudeau is growing longer every day.
This time he's breaking his promise to the veterans of this country after using them to gain support (votes) in last falls election.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Shame on Trudeau

Post by Omnitheo »

So he's following the Harper government strategy when it comes to veterans benefits.

Remember all the posts by conservative supporters who said that there was nothing wrong with how the conservatives were treating veterans?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

"...More than a broken promise, it's a disgrace.". - National Post

And that it is!

Before 'The Great Defenders' start up touting...

'all politicians make promises before they are elected', etc...

Yes they do but JT ain't been in office a year yet and his wild ideas and promises

are quickly proving to be nothing more than hot air rhetoric and or are costing Canadians BILLIONS!!!

This latest failed promise truly is reprehensible

I'm glad my father and Grandfather and Uncles who fought for Canada are not alive to see this.

What a disgusting disgrace!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=64427

Dieseldown during conservative government
"Veterans have no problem with current Harper government strategy"

Dieseldown during liberal government
"Reverting to the Harper plan is a disgrace!!"
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Omnitheo wrote:So he's following the Harper government strategy when it comes to veterans benefits.

Remember all the posts by conservative supporters who said that there was nothing wrong with how the conservatives were treating veterans?
What i Remember is all the crying and whining about how the vets were treated and how boy wonder would immediately fix all the wrongs he and his supporters were accusing Harper of inflicting on the veterans.
Seems though when it comes right down to it Trudeau could give two :cuss: about veterans , but instead just used them to gain votes and then cast them aside. Disgusting.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

From Canadian police officers.

This is apparently written by an RCMP , If true what path are we walking down? It seems, from what the paper said recently, that the 305,000 is a firm number.

From the Heart:

With some 30 years of Security and Intelligence experience under my belt, I thought that I would never see the day, when I would fear
for myself , family and neighbours at home in Canada. I speak for
myself and not any Political Party, who have all too often enacted
what was best for the Party, instead of what is best for us Canadians.

THINK OF THIS; The Prime Minister has brought to Canada 25,000
migrants that cannot be fully screened; he has since announced an
additional 275,000 - 305,000 before the end of this year. He has watered down the Canadian Immigration Act, which was to protect Canadians. He has honoured convicted Terrorists by re-instating them as Canadian Citizens. He has killed a Bill that was to strengthen CSIS, our Intelligence Agency against Terrorism. All of these unknown migrants will be eligible to sponsor all of their relatives, and the Trojan Horse is complete.

This is not just plain stupid, but it could be argued that this is
Criminal Negligence.

Sincerely Ed. Rockburne, RCMP, and CSIS, retired.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Ya know Omnitheo, you may have a bit of a point there but when someone campaigns
on promises of one thing and when elected does the opposite its bound to *bleep* people off.
A politician can do a lot of things to get in office and I'd polly say 'oh.well...'
but making false promises to our Nation's Veterans to gain votes is pretty darn low in my books.
Gotta ask...whats next on the 'JT Broken Promise Hit Parade'?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

This happened 3 months ago. Why the outcry today ?

Tuesday’s federal budget included a number of new measures to help ex-soldiers struggling with injuries they sustained in uniform. That includes reopening nine Veterans Affairs Canada offices closed by the previous Conservative government, and hiring more front-line workers.

Tuesday’s budget instead boosted the amount injured veterans can receive through those lump-sum payments. The increases will be retroactive for about 70,000 veterans who have been given such a payment since 2006.

The government will also make it easier for some severely injured veterans to receive long-term benefits, and increase the amount others receive while searching for work after they leave the military. Those two measures are expected to benefit about 20,000 injured veterans this year.

The increased lump sums, expanded benefits and other measures will assuage many veterans, others will be upset and even angry the Liberals didn’t bring back the pensions. The government also faces the risk of being painted with the same brush as the Conservatives when it comes to veterans.

The disability pensions were abolished when the Conservatives implemented the New Veterans Charter, a new system of benefits and services for those who had served and were injured after the Korean War, in 2006. The charter had received unanimous support in the House of Commons the previous year.

Focused on getting veterans into the workforce, the charter replaced pensions with a lump-sum payment for injuries and career training. But modern-day veterans, including many who had served in Afghanistan, said it was unfair. They said the lump sums and other benefits offered them less support than the previous system.

The government is also increasing funeral benefits for low-income veterans. Currently, veterans with assets worth about $12,000 can receive financial support for the government for their funerals. That amount will be increased to about $35,000, which should help about 109 veterans per year.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/liberals-expected-to-face-backlash-after-budget-backs-off-lifelong-pensions-for-disabled-veterans
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Barney Google wrote:"...More than a broken promise, it's a disgrace.". - National Post

And that it is!

Before 'The Great Defenders' start up touting...

'all politicians make promises before they are elected', etc...

Yes they do but JT ain't been in office a year yet and his wild ideas and promises

are quickly proving to be nothing more than hot air rhetoric and or are costing Canadians BILLIONS!!!

This latest failed promise truly is reprehensible

I'm glad my father and Grandfather and Uncles who fought for Canada are not alive to see this.

What a disgusting disgrace!

I agree 100% he has no money for are vets :-X :-X but has 1.3 billion to spend on 25,000 refuguees coming to Canada :200:
maybe he is making Canada great again--NOT-- I HAD hope for -JT- but its not looking good
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

The Veterans Charter "...focused on getting veterans into the workforce, the charter replaced pensions with a lump-sum payment for injuries and career training. But modern-day veterans, including many who had served in Afghanistan, said it was unfair. They said the lump sums and other benefits offered them less support than the previous system." The Charter is based upon the ideas implemented in the "Worker Injury Compensation Laws" in effect in most provinces in Canada. These programs are based on the most "cost effective" way to compensate and get workers back to work after an injury. However, since these programs are funded by employers "cost effectiveness" often means not providing all the services necessary to fully rehabilitate workers.

Previous military programs (prior to 2006) focused on patient/veteran care and rehabilitation not on getting the "worker" back into the work force within a preset time limit. The Defence Department ( the largest federal government department) under Deputy Minister John Foster is firmly entrenched in the current policies for veterans. It would take major political pressure from the government to reverse present policies. In other words you want cooperation on rebuilding the armed services (planes, ships, etc.) then do not push us on this one.

I would only hope that the government has the courage and foresight to over ride the heads at the DND and do what is right and what was promised during their election campaign. After all that is one of the major planks in their election platform.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=64427

Ok, so now I'm convinced that Trudeau lying about helping veterans while he was campaigning is totally ok. Thank you.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

slowly but surely the honeymoon begins to fade....as it always inevitably does.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Omnitheo wrote:http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=64427

So what does that have to do with Trudeau blatantly lying ?
*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 17th, 2016, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Where am I justifying anything?

You are making assumptions from my posts and claims about me without evidence. I'm simply pointing out the hypocracy of some of the forum members who so vehemently support the strategy of their favoured politician while vilifying the strategy of another when both are the same strats.

It's like Romney on opposing the ACA when he was running for president, despite the fact that the ACA was almost a carbon copy of the state health insurance plan he helped institute.

Also I didn't even vote Liberal. Stop making assumptions and you'll stop appearing so ignorant in your posts
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Omnitheo wrote:Where am I justifying anything?

You are making assumptions from my posts and claims about me without evidence. I'm simply pointing out the hypocracy of some of the forum members who so vehemently support the strategy of their favoured politician while vilifying the strategy of another when both are the same strats.

It's like Romney on opposing the ACA when he was running for president, despite the fact that the ACA was almost a carbon copy of the state health insurance plan he helped institute.

Also I didn't even vote Liberal. Stop making assumptions and you'll stop appearing so ignorant in your posts
Yep and i'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of justin and his fanbois who were so critical of Harper and his dealing with Veterans, and now Justin is treating them worse by outright lying to them.
Where's the outcry from the fanbois about boy wonder being an outright lair? wheres the outcry about boy wonder not treating the veterans fairly and with dignity?
Nope not going to happen as admitting their shiny pony is a bold face liar is not in the cards.

Return to “Canada”