Trudeau breaking archaic political rules and winning

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Trudeau breaking archaic political rules and winning

Post by sooperphreek »

Last edited by sooperphreek on Jun 18th, 2016, 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: trudeau breaking archaic political rules and winning

Post by Barney Google »

We shall see what eventually comes down the pipe and what actually happens in the end.

I'm not holding my breath nor am I very confident in what politicians spew.

HotAirBalloons small.jpg
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: trudeau breaking archaic political rules and winning

Post by hobbyguy »

I suppose in a sense this goes back to the fundamental that "democracy is a messy form of government". People want more say, more democracy. That means that there will be lots of "trial balloons" and occasional backtracking. If the PM and the government are NOT prepared to yield to constructive criticism, then it isn't democracy...

I certainly found that in business. It is messy, but if in the end, you get a workable solution AND buy in from most folks, it will work. I actually got to the point where I often started the ball rolling with "here is the problem" and "here is my haywire idea", and then let folks shoot it down and come up with their solution. So long as the problem got solved - who cares whether the solution is left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”