Back to reality

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Back to reality

Post by maryjane48 »

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10631248

this is a good example of the perks the oil industry in alberta was getting .

who in bc is getting 2 fridays a m9nth off and paid for ? whats nore amusing is the babies c4ying about having to work those fridays now instead of being happy to have a job at all .
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Re: Back to reality

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Who cares what they were getting? How does what they were getting effect you? Were you paying them?
Did you read the part about how they worked an extra half hour daily to get every second Friday off?
Again how does what people get in other private sector jobs directly effect you?
Why begrudge what others get ? especially when it doesn't have a damn thing to do with you.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Who cares what they were getting? How does what they were getting effect you? Were you paying them?
Did you read the part about how they worked an extra half hour daily to get every second Friday off?
Again how does what people get in other private sector jobs directly effect you?
Why begrudge what others get ? especially when it doesn't have a damn thing to do with you.

does that apply to marijuanna sellers ? hmmm or you picking and choosing .

and how does 4 hours equal a 8 hour day ? why you want defend folks who were living in dreamland?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10631248

this is a good example of the perks the oil industry in alberta was getting .

who in bc is getting 2 fridays a m9nth off and paid for ? whats nore amusing is the babies c4ying about having to work those fridays now instead of being happy to have a job at all .

Why the heck do you even care. If your so upset about it, get off your$&@$ and go get a job in the oil industry in Alberta...do you begrudge other industries also? If someone can get a job working two days a week.....good for them!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I have a buddy who gets sundays off paid for at time and a half but he also works the other 6 days a week 12 hours a day and is gone from home 6 weeks at a time that's one of those perks to keep guys on board
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2016, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

This is fairly common practice. I've never worked fro a company that did this, but some of my friend have. Not sure what MJs beef is......
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

maryjane48 wrote:

and how does 4 hours equal a 8 hour day ? why you want defend folks who were living in dreamland?
Did you read the article you posted? or better yet did you read your own first post in this thread?
They get every second Friday off , so a half hour extra worked every day over a five day work week over a two week period equals what?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 26th, 2016, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not post in all-colour.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2016, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I worked a number of sites with similar perks that were paid for in similar ways. My son did it when he worked in Calgary and does it now at his job on the island during the summer. Mine were mostly union jobs his were/are private. Whatever works for the company and the employee.

You might be surprised how many companies do or would do it if circumstances were right. I know the companies I worked for thought it benefited them as much as us. They got a longer steady work day and said the benefits for them were huge in the amount of work done.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

One thing a lot of people won't do is leave home for weeks at a time and work 11 or 12 or 14 hour days and then they *bleep* when people do it and get a few benifits for it. Maybe they should try it some tome and see why those benefits are there.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Smurf wrote:One thing a lot of people won't do is leave home for weeks at a time and work 11 or 12 or 14 hour days and then they *bleep* when people do it and get a few benifits for it. Maybe they should try it some tome and see why those benefits are there.
I did this for quite a number of years, the one thing you realize (or at least i do) is that the older you get you realize you just don't get that time back that you missed out on over the years with family.
It's one of those things that if i had it to do over i might just choose differently.

Return to “Canada”