Conservative Leaders to March in Pride Parade

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Conservative Leaders to March in Pride Parade

Post by JLives »

GordonH wrote:Why do politicians want to be out in public eye, for 1 reason to be elected (in this case to become the Leader of the Party). Once they have what they want its back to ignoring the public. Until next Federal Election.

Trudeau has been marching in pride for years. It just got more exposure now that he is PM. The Conservatives came out united to show they are truly revamping their party and support the LBGT community. They should be commended for that.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Why do politicians want to be out in public eye, for 1 reason to be elected (in this case to become the Leader of the Party). Once they have what they want its back to ignoring the public. Until next Federal Election.

JLives wrote:Trudeau has been marching in pride for years. It just got more exposure now that he is PM. The Conservatives came out united to show they are truly revamping their party and support the LBGT community. They should be commended for that.

It's good to see Conservative Leadership candidates supporting LBGT community in the parade. What I'd be wondering is this ongoing support or just photo-op for Conservative Leadership.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:
You're posting an image from the media (I'm assuming you didn't take it yourself) in a thread giving them credit for marching, reported on by a leftist media organisation even, and saying it wasn't covered? It's the banner story on HuffPo Canada right now. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/04 ... ref=canada What more do you want? Sheesh.

It's an image from the Conservatives' website, not from any news source. It's certainly not splashed on the CBC's front page, is it?

Shouldn't our national broadcaster be required to present an unbiased, balanced level of coverage for all parties?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:Trudeau has been marching in pride for years. It just got more exposure now that he is PM. The Conservatives came out united to show they are truly revamping their party and support the LBGT community. They should be commended for that.

Canada's first openly gay cabinet minister? A Conservative.

The Conservatives have been miles ahead of the Liberals, for years on this issue.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 4th, 2016, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: flaming
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Yes because they lost, and now they're jumping on the bandwagon because its trendy. Why didnt they show support over the last 10 years? And really why does any support need to be shown?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gixxer wrote:Can this buffoon go away already.

She has to be the worst, she would step over dying babies in the streets if there was a hot new trendy topic she could get a photo op for

So if Rona Ambrose doesn't go to the Gay Pride parade, then she's a horrible bigot. If she does go, then she's the worst. And there you have the ideological pretzel the left loves to tie themselves in.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gixxer wrote:Yes because they lost, and now they're jumping on the bandwagon because its trendy. Why didnt they show support over the last 10 years?

Undoubtedly the conservatives didn't show much support over the last 10 years because their former leader was too controlling and wouldn't allow it. Despite that, there were many conservative MP's who actually did support the LBGTQ community, including former MP John Baird who is gay.... There's much speculation that Baird resigned his position as MP and senior cabinet minister nine months before the election because he could no longer work with Harper.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “Canada”