Trudeau getting in over his head

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau getting in over his head

Post by sooperphreek »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 10th, 2016, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

and when i see things like 15-60 year old chinooks.....i hardly say that was harper doing anything constructive. especially considering the blaying that right wingers are doing when trudeau wont buy f35's. and 750 laser thingies? what are we in the canadian military? trekkies?
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

sooperphreek wrote:and when i see things like 15-60 year old chinooks.....i hardly say that was harper doing anything constructive. especially considering the blaying that right wingers are doing when trudeau wont buy f35's. and 750 laser thingies? what are we in the canadian military? trekkies?
No you and Trudeau are absolutely right, by all means send our military in to face down one of the super powers of the world with are ancient out dated military arsenal.What could possibly go wrong.?
Gotta hand it to the Liberals and their supporters , one can never accuse them of thinking a damn thing through before taking action and putting the Canadian military in harms way.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

It's sure starting to look like Trudeau is doing all this promising and spending to 'look good' to his new found 'International Buddies'. Promising not only Canadian dollars all over hither and yon but now ill equipped Canadian troops to keep up with appearances is, in my opinion, ridiculously fool hearty.

Side note: I see from one of the photos that it looks like JT took at least one of his kids with him on this latest trip.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

What's with the troop bashing just because Trudeau is in charge? We are not a nation of wimps, have some respect. You guys were gung ho to join Team America: World Police when Harper was at the helm. We are a peacekeeping nation, that is our most effective role in the world and good on us for helping out. I don't see this as an escalation of events but rather to help stop an escalation.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JLives wrote:What's with the troop bashing just because Trudeau is in charge? We are not a nation of wimps, have some respect. You guys were gung ho to join Team America: World Police when Harper was at the helm. We are a peacekeeping nation, that is our most effective role in the world and good on us for helping out. I don't see this as an escalation of events but rather to help stop an escalation.
HMM I don't see anyone bashing the troops, or saying we are a nation of wimps.
Nice try at twisting words but a fail is a fail.
No one is expecting Trudeau or his supporters to see the potential of escalating this situation by us trying to show an alliance , however that possibility clearly exists.
Trudeau has already beaked off about setting Putin straight and now instead of doing it man to man will instead use are military to try and get his point across. The only problem is he is sending these brave men and women into face a world power with a state of the art military backing him, while Trudeau will send our troops in with out dated out gunned technology.
If you want to play in the sand box with the big boy's the least you can do is level the playing field instead of entering at a disadvantage. Trudeau though will instead potentially start a fight he has know hope in hell of winning.
This is a huge fail in the pick your battles wisely category.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

if you bash the "head" or comander in chief of the military - you are bashing the troops. you cant make that distinction. he is doing no more or less than harper did. and lets see what trudeau has done at the end of his mandate in about 10 years which people have taken with the numbers that harper bought.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

sooperphreek wrote:and when i see things like 15-60 year old chinooks.....i hardly say that was harper doing anything constructive. especially considering the blaying that right wingers are doing when trudeau wont buy f35's. and 750 laser thingies? what are we in the canadian military? trekkies?

You certainly don't seem to mind displaying your obvious total lack of knowledge of anything to do with the military.

The CH-147F now in RCAF service is the most advanced medium/heavy lift tactical transport helicopter in the world.

"laser thingies"..."trekkies".... LOL... Thanks for the laugh. Why don't you ask the troops that patrolled Kandahar province what they thought of the introduction of the Laser Dazzlers and how they greatly reduced the risk of suicide bombers attacking convoys thus saving countless Canadian (and innocent Afghan) lives.

You stated that "no new equipment" was purchased for 10 years under Harper, I provided a partial list of equipment that in fact had been purchased, many of which were very big ticket items that greatly enhanced the capabilities of the Canadian Armed Forces, and your response was to mock two of the items on the list without having a clue about either one of them. Well done. [icon_lol2.gif]
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

sooperphreek wrote:if you bash the "head" or comander in chief of the military - you are bashing the troops. you cant make that distinction.

The Prime Minister is not the Commander in Chief of the Canadian Military, that would be Queen Elizabeth II. As the representative of the Queen, the Governor General of Canada, presently David Johnston, has been authorized to exercise the powers and responsibilities belonging to the sovereign and has consequently been bestowed with the title Commander-in-Chief.

http://www.gg.ca/events.aspx?sc=4&lan=eng

You are consistent if nothing else.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote: We are a peacekeeping nation, .

no we're not.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jx3 wrote:
You stated that "no new equipment" was purchased for 10 years under Harper, I provided a partial list of equipment that in fact had been purchased, many of which were very big ticket items that greatly enhanced the capabilities of the Canadian Armed Forces, and your response was to mock two of the items on the list without having a clue about either one of them. Well done. [icon_lol2.gif]

Good job Jx3. Keep adding some truth to this discussion.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:while Trudeau will send our troops in with out dated out gunned technology.

Jx3 wrote:I provided a partial list of equipment that in fact had been purchased, many of which were very big ticket items that greatly enhanced the capabilities of the Canadian Armed Forces

So which is which ? Outdated or not ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2016, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2016, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2016, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: seriously? this is a discussion?

Return to “Canada”