Vanished children of Calgary

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Vanished children of Calgary

Post by Queen K »

Here is the latest disappeared child in Calgary. A true mystery and very deeply disturbing.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/fa ... li=AAggNb9

What I want to know, is this in or near the same neighbourhood where one other child disappeared with his grandparents?

Wasn't that a few years ago now and still unsolved? Is there a link?

Was Nathan ever found? The RCMP think he may be dead, but is that true? And it seems the kidnapper is willing to kill the adults to get the kids.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ikely-dead

Both Nathan and Taliyah are five. Is there a link?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Vanished children of Calgary

Post by Barney Google »

Any time a child disappears it is very heart wrenching.

I can see where your thought processes are going on this one Queen.

If this is a 'pattern' its very chilling.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My daughter's best friend vanished a couple years ago. She showed up yesterday. Was abducted by her father, and he fled to Europe with her.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Its a humans worst nightmare seeing a 5 year old abducted in Canada. I just hope this animal does not harm her
as far as a link between the grandparents/grandchild disappearance I put zero credibility in the two being connected
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

My guts twisted when I read the headlines this morning. Person in custody and RCMP 'searching' rural areas does not sound hopeful.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Barney Google wrote:My guts twisted when I read the headlines this morning. Person in custody and RCMP 'searching' rural areas does not sound hopeful.

I've been reading the headlines trying to figure out what they are getting at, is the child 'disappeared' or are they looking for a body or ???????/ Did you actually read that they were "searching rural areas" for her? I can't find anything and the child's father is looking highly suspicious to me. But maybe it was one of his friends or who knows. Maybe a new boyfriend of the mother? I HOPE AND PRAY THIS LITTLE GIRL IS OK.

The tragedy with little Nathan and his grandparents still bothers me.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^ Hey, Pespi...the news leads I am following state that they are searching in an area east of Chestermere ...I know that area pretty well...or used to. It's mostly rural/farm area...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/m ... -1.3678558

Evidently the father is not the person in custody.
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

amber-alert.jpg

Not sure if the above is an 'on file' photo of the Chestermere area or a photo of where the searching is currently taking place but it's an example of what the area looks like...
- Unknown
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Barney Google wrote:
Not sure if the above is an 'on file' photo of the Chestermere area or a photo of where the searching is currently taking place but it's an example of what the area looks like...

Reminds me of the countryside near Edson.

I had this horrible thought, about the Dad. There were reports that the couple had been in Family Court last Thursday, and I believe 'timing is everything' so I believe he is involved but possibly Indirectly. I was thinking "I wonder if the Dad got one of his friends to take the girl and keep her somewhere, while he spoke out with the media begging for his little girl back, seemingly having clean hands", wait for things to die down, then fetch the girl later and take her out of the country. Last night on the news there was what seemed like a family member (well she spoke 'for the family') and she said that the family all suspected one particular person but she would not say anything and let the police do their job. So obviously they are thinking the father, no?

But if there is a "search" going on, as you have said, then maybe I am all wet on that one. I just keep remembering Susan Smith and her pleading with the public via media; and she killed her two little boys all along.

Some people should not have children.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Barney Google wrote:^^^ Hey, Pespi...the news leads I am following state that they are searching in an area east of Chestermere ...I know that area pretty well...or used to. It's mostly rural/farm area...

Evidently the father is not the person in custody.

This sounds hopeful. From the article:

"Police say they are still hopeful Taliyah will be found alive and that they have no evidence telling them otherwise."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

dontrump wrote:Its a humans worst nightmare seeing a 5 year old abducted in Canada. I just hope this animal does not harm her
as far as a link between the grandparents/grandchild disappearance I put zero credibility in the two being connected

And I see how a predator living in Calgary would want to space his marks apart.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

"Calgary police say the man taken into custody in the case of a missing girl and her slain mother is known to the family but has not been co-operating with investigators.

Police have not identified the man, who has not been charged, but said at a news conference today that he has an extensive criminal history, including violent offences.

Insp. Don Coleman said although dozens of officers and Mounties have been combing a rural area east of Calgary, they have not turned up any evidence in the case of missing five-year-old Taliyah Marsman, whose mother's body was found in their basement apartment on Monday.

Sara Baillie's death was quickly ruled a homicide and an Amber Alert was issued for her daughter.

"Nothing of significance in the case has been found," said Coleman.

The man in custody was arrested in Calgary near 32nd Avenue and 32nd Street N.E. Thursday evening.

Police say there is still hope that Marsman will be found alive.

"There's been nothing to indicate the status of that has changed," Coleman said.

He says they hope to charge the man later Thursday but if they don't he will be released.

"We haven't closed our minds to any other suspects. There could be more people. We don't know at this time," he added.

Coleman says a case like this is challenging for police.

"It's emotional for everybody," he said.

"With large investigations, there's a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster at times that investigators have to manage. I can tell you there's a ton of people helping out with this, service-wide."..."

"Extensive criminal history, including violent offences" and"Not cooperating"?

That does not sound good...
- Unknown
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 14th, 2016, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again without baiting.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

pepsilover wrote:and she said that the family all suspected one particular person but she would not say anything and let the police do their job. So obviously they are thinking the father, no?

A deranged family member, perhaps ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Queen K wrote:
And I see how a predator living in Calgary would want to space his marks apart.

I see nothing at all that suggests the two crimes are even remotely connected in any way.

The suspect they have in custody is known to the family - it is a personal matter, not a serial kidnapper.
Little Nathan was also murdered in the home, not taken alive, with a suitcase packed for him.

I am very confused about the timeline in all of this....
The suspect was seen casing the home early Monday morning.
I believe witnesses said they saw him with the girl in the morning or early afternoon.
The mother was reported missing at 8:30 PM Monday evening.
Police found her body shortly thereafter.
But...an amber alert was not issued until 1:30 AM Tuesday ?!
Why did no one report the girl missing for five hours after her mother was found murdered ?? :135:

It really isn't looking good now for this beautiful little girl. :cry:

Return to “Canada”