Change of O Canada Lyrics for politcal Statement

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Change of O Canada Lyrics for politcal Statement

Post by Symbonite »

So its bad enough that they want to change it in the house of commons but this guy changed a whole line for a political statement. What an idiot that guy is.

Now not only that...they offended Canadians and rightly so....Now the Black Lives Matter group is aslo Offended that the lyrics also changed the name Black Lives Matters to All Lives Matter as a attemt to undermine their cause......Sheesh people!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/all-lives-matter-tenors-anthem-black-lives-matter-1.3678392
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Change of O Canada Lyrics for politcal Statement

Post by jimmy4321 »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Offending the Black Lives Matter is a good thing, but making a political statement here was highly inappropriate.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the guy is a self serving goof, they should cut him from the group
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

He isn't performing with them ...

Statement from The Tenors regarding the Canadian National Anthem at the MLB All Star Game
Posted on July 12, 2016

The Tenors are deeply sorry for the disrespectful and misguided lack of judgment by one member of the group acting as a 'lone wolf' today during the singing of the Canadian national anthem at the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in San Diego.

The other members of the group are shocked and embarrassed by the actions of Remigio Pereira, who changed the lyrics of our treasured anthem and used this coveted platform to serve his own political views.

Our sincere apologies and regrets go out to everybody who witnessed this shameful act, to our fellow Canadians, to Major League Baseball, to our friends, families, fans and to all those affected.

The actions of one member of this group were extremely selfish and he will not be performing with The Tenors until further notice.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo they should cut him from the group permanently
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I can not believe he is Canadian. A True Canadian would not consider changing the National Anthem. That falls short of burning our flag in my opinion.

It just should not be done and the recent change of the lyrics was extremely disappointing to me as a Canadian.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

oneh2obabe wrote:
The actions of one member of this group were extremely selfish and he will not be performing with The Tenors until further notice.
This part here does not speak well for the group on a whole. They should have immediately cut all ties with this guy and rid their group of him. One could take from this lack of severing all ties to this guy that the group themselves knew of this a head of time and he is temperately being used as the fall guy, that in time will be welcomed back by the rest with open arms. Maybe the whole group was behind this change and are now just trying to do damage control with all their public apologies.
If it was in fact the action of just one why not do the right thing and permanently get rid of him now instead of leaving the door open to him possibly returning to the group at some point down the road.?
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

When I first heard this story I was really irritated and I think what he did was inappropriate. However, I do agree with his statement that all lives matter, not just black lives. Now I see that the Black Lives Matter movement is stirring up divisiveness in Canada - demanding that a police force in Canada not enter a float in a Gay Pride parade. Now that really pisses me off.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Glacier wrote:Offending the Black Lives Matter is a good thing, but making a political statement here was highly inappropriate.

Both actions were wrong.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

oneh2obabe wrote:

dieseluphammerdown wrote:This part here does not speak well for the group on a whole. They should have immediately cut all ties with this guy and rid their group of him. One could take from this lack of severing all ties to this guy that the group themselves knew of this a head of time and he is temperately being used as the fall guy, that in time will be welcomed back by the rest with open arms. Maybe the whole group was behind this change and are now just trying to do damage control with all their public apologies.
If it was in fact the action of just one why not do the right thing and permanently get rid of him now instead of leaving the door open to him possibly returning to the group at some point down the road.?

Or they are checking and double-checking their contract before bouncing him to the curb.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

oneh2obabe wrote:Or they are checking and double-checking their contract before bouncing him to the curb.
Or their waiting for the smoke to clear as it usually does after matters like this and then they will simply accept him back and carry on hoping everyone has forgotten or forgives.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45

Return to “Canada”