Harper legacy? Good riddance

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Harper legacy? Good riddance

Post by sooperphreek »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jerry-dias/stephen-harper-legacy_b_11204346.html?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

"It now looks like he was doing what he always did -- meeting in private to cook up secret plans for the future.

That was his mode of operation while in power -- meetings behind closed doors to negotiate such things as the Trans-Pacific Partnership and trade deals with Europe and South Korea. Ousted from power, the secret meetings continued, this time about his setting up post-political life, complete with seats on corporate boards and establishing a foreign policy institute."
Wheels

Re: Harper legacy? Good riddance

Post by Wheels »

Steven Harper was hated by the press because he didn't answer their questions. Imagine being a reporter and coming back with nothing substantial. Your editor would have you for lunch. So as usual, facts get in the way of a good story and conspiracy theories by the media elite get so much mileage they must be right. Steven Harper is a very misunderstood man.
Won't be long before JT's Government bank account is unable to pay down debt.....unless he switches on the green initiatives. Time to pluck your head out of the oil sand mud.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Harper had some bad ideas, but also some good ones. I agreed with his tough on crime, Trudeau disagreed and vetoed it. Harper wanted the First Nations Chiefs to be accountable for the federal money they received. Trudeau thinks throwing more money at the problem will solve it. Harpers closing the coast guard stations was a bad idea. Trudeau promised to reopen them all....wonder how many are up and running. Harper's idea for CPP was a good one. Trudeau will take more money out of the taxpayers, and employers pockets in hope that someday they will collect a bigger pension. Harper revoked passports of Canadian citizens who were involved in terrorist acts abroad. Trudeau believes we should welcome them back with open arms.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Who's Harper ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Deean wrote:Harper had some bad ideas, but also some good ones. I agreed with his tough on crime, Trudeau disagreed and vetoed it. Harper wanted the First Nations Chiefs to be accountable for the federal money they received. Trudeau thinks throwing more money at the problem will solve it. Harpers closing the coast guard stations was a bad idea. Trudeau promised to reopen them all....wonder how many are up and running. Harper's idea for CPP was a good one. Trudeau will take more money out of the taxpayers, and employers pockets in hope that someday they will collect a bigger pension. Harper revoked passports of Canadian citizens who were involved in terrorist acts abroad. Trudeau believes we should welcome them back with open arms.

it wasnt what he tried to do that was so much the problem. it was how he went about it. undemocratic and sneaky like the article stated. if he shaped these laws in ottawa in a bipartisan way - as opposed to prorogue/omnibus - many of the laws being repealed would still be in effect and not challenged. there is a reason he only got away with a non confidence by the skin of his teeth. he was sneaky and left ottawa muzzling the press. i see things like that and i see a coward. much like i see him lambasting putin and other leaders he disagreed with like a Chihuahua barking its head off and then shaking in a corner in a crowd. it is such a relief that he is gone.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree he didn't do himself any favors in his way of doing business.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Who's Harper ?

The guy that leftists will continue to blame for the next 20 years for why their stupid ideas and horrible economic management will cause nothing but grief for Canadians. That's who.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The guy that leftists will continue to blame for the next 20 years for why their stupid ideas and horrible economic management will cause nothing but grief for Canadians. That's who.

You mean he's just like the guy the right-wings continues to blame even after the man has been deceased for 16 years. Ok I know who he is now. Thanks.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:You mean he's just like the guy the right-wings continues to blame even after the man has been deceased for 16 years. Ok I know who he is now. Thanks.

You asked who was Harper, and I told you. Now you want to babble on about Trudeau (I think), Justin's evil and horrible dad. Fine by me.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Hyperbole? Or are you just that out of touch with reality?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Hyperbole? Or are you just that out of touch with reality?

no, but you clearly are.

Return to “Canada”