Trudeau kept mum on Tootoo...

dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Re: Trudeau kept mum on Tootoo...

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JLives wrote:
Please clarify. I don't see anywhere where he lied. And why do you feel you are entitled to personal details on politician's lives?
Then I'm sorry J I can't help you grasp the obvious that is right in front of you in print.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Trudeau kept mum on Tootoo's inappropriate relationship to protect staffer, spokesperson says

"PMO said in May that Nunavut MP resigned to seek treatment for addiction issues
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau knew about former cabinet minister and Liberal MP Hunter Tootoo's intimate relationship with an office staffer, but kept quiet to protect her identity, a spokesman says.

The Prime Minister's Office told reporters on May 31 that Tootoo had voluntarily resigned his ministerial duties — and would be leaving the Liberal caucus — to seek treatment for addiction issues. Trudeau, too, avoided specifics at the time and said, "This was [Tootoo's] own choice after a very difficult situation," when pressed by reporters.

But no mention was made of what Tootoo himself has called an "inappropriate but consensual" relationship with an underling in his employ.

The PMO conceded Thursday it knew the circumstances all along, but only commented after Tootoo told CBC News further details about his abrupt resignation."...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.3707562

Was/is this the ethically right action to take?

Where is the lie? You not receiving information you don't have a right to have doesn't make for a lie.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JLives wrote:
Where is the lie? You not receiving information you don't have a right to have doesn't make for a lie.
Well if nothing else you fanbois and girls are blindly faithful even when confronted with a blatant lie you still defend, defend, defend.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Well if nothing else you fanbois and girls are blindly faithful even when confronted with a blatant lie you still defend, defend, defend.

You're going to have to state the lie first if you expect anyone to defend it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

I'm confused where the lie is too. It's not like Trudeau came out and said there wasn't an inappropriate relationship happening, he just didn't say anything on the support. Which isn't a lie...
hail Satan y'all
MyPointofView
Fledgling

Post by MyPointofView »

I find all of the trolling going on in these forums most disheartening; especially when it comes to the Prime Minister. Prime Minister Trudeau could give a homeless person a $100.00 bill and then be taken to task by some forum contributors for not having given them five $20.00's instead. I challenge anyone to name one PM in this country's history that has been 100% truthful in every statement they have made. Call it a lie, political spin, misspeaking, or withholding facts; it makes no difference, all politicians do it and we all know it. Have a look around us; given the state of the world today we have an amazing country in Canada no matter who is in charge and what they are saying. I say live and let live; we will all be much happier and be alive much longer. :130:

*Removed
Last edited by Frisk on Aug 5th, 2016, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Just saying…..,

Be safe and be kind
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:No brainer . Why out a staffer who doesnt want to be outed . We have seen how on this board that victims get blamed .

Maybe like Toots the other party, is just as guilty should also resign!! Just saying.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jason Tootoo and the hooded fang couldn't keep the truth hidden forever.

tootoo.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e31822441/

Side note: I don't think this reflects poorly on the Liberal party or Trudeau. This could have happened to any party, and Trudeau has managed it as best as he could.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Ut oh...

...Two sources said the staffer was unaware Mr. Tootoo had been dating her mother...

Perhaps not but Mr. Tootoo was most certainly aware...who knows about the mother.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Hmmm, servicing the mother and the daughter. I'm pretty sure I've seen movies with the same story line...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maybe he was just a big fan of this show...

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

MyPointofView wrote:I find all of the trolling going on in these forums most disheartening; especially when it comes to the Prime Minister.

where were you a year ago?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”