Trudeau gets F35 headache

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau gets F35 headache

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I am used to a lot of "do" when Ron Cannan was the MP, because I knew where to find him. This just sounds to me like an apologist leftist making excuses, but what else is new. I really couldn't care less what committee this guy (what's his name again?) is on, he's supposed to be helping constituents, and actually show up here in Kelowna once in a while, not depend on sycophants and brain-washed automatons to make excuses for him.

Same experience I had with Mr Cannan. He was always available to meet, he was always putting his community first, and I watched him open his own wallet and support charities at fundraisers.

This new guy (can't remember his name..*removed* or something like that?) is invisible. What's he doing for Kelowna? Absolutely nuthin'.
Last edited by Frisk on Aug 9th, 2016, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Libelous
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:Cannan? "Do"? lol

All he ever did was be a loyal trained seal clapping out the party line. What committees? What legislation did he propose? I googled it and came up .... empty. Well, except for serving on one sub-committee...

Who cares about stupid committees? What the hell are you even talking about? On several occasions I asked Ron for help, and he always worked hard to help out. Babbling on about sitting on committees is just so disingenuous, and laughing about Ron's helping people just betrays such disgusting arrogance. MP what's his name is a one-termer, for sure, if all he does is sit on useless committees in Ottawa and doesn't show his face in his own riding.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*Removed
Last edited by Frisk on Aug 9th, 2016, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reply to removed post
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It is off topic, but compare these two and tell me which one is the "doer" and which one is now getting $2.3 million in pension from the taxpayer....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Cannan

Anyway, also partly off topic, a reminder for you of who our MP is: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members/Stephen-Fuhr(89279)

If you want, by the way, you can go see a prototype F-35 this coming Friday: http://www.abbotsfordairshow.com/f-35-to-debut-in-canada-at-abbotsford-international-airshow/
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

hobbyguy wrote:It is off topic, but compare these two and tell me which one is the "doer" and which one is now getting $2.3 million in pension from the taxpayer....

Has the new guy (what's his name?) said that he won't collect his pension?

Or is he double-dipping on the taxpayers, taking his military pension, receiving an MP's salary, and building MP pension credits?

Let us know what you find out Hobby, and I'll Google up some crow recipes for you while we wait.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:It is off topic, but compare these two and tell me which one is the "doer"

Yawn. Just so disrespectful and sad. I really am disappointed in you HG.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

That invisible MP, whatever his name is, would be wisely councilled to stand up for his constituents and do something that benefits people here. He should also take heed of Dan Albas' weekly report in the local paper asking why he (invisible dude) doesn't bother to keep his constituents informed of happenings in Ottawa.

It's entirely possible that the invisible MP has nothing to report, I guess. I mean, writing a weekly report about Trudeau shirtless would wear thin. Since this government is basically doing nothing while our military struggles with aging equipment, and our economy tanks because the federal cabinet is inept, I can understand why invisible guy (what's his name?) prefers to hide from the people who pay him.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Rwede wrote:Has the new guy (what's his name?) said that he won't collect his pension?

So many questions - next post: Where am I? What day is it? Who are you? What's MY name?

BTW: To suggest that someone who's served our country in the military shouldn't be entitled to the same federal pension as MP's who didn't serve is disgustingly insulting to veterans. Just so you're sure of which decade this is, JUSTIN Trudeau is PM now.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 9th, 2016, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

slootman wrote:
BTW: To suggest that someone who's served our country in the military shouldn't be entitled to the same federal pension as MP's who didn't serve is disgustingly insulting to veterans. .

BTW - that's not what he said. He was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the horrible left who always cry about the pensions that the Conservatives get yet stay completely mum on the fat pensions their cronies get. HG was pointing at the pension Ron gets paid, and Rwede asked the logical question, isn't what's his name, the new MP who is never here, also going to collect a pension? It was a rhetorical question that flew right over your head, much like our new MP does most of the time.

Case in point when it come to the left, the CBC bent over backwards pointing out all of the Conservatives that were retiring before the last election to qualify for the old pension rules, yet failed to point out one NDP or Liberal that was doing the EXACT SAME THING. Apparently only Liberals and NDP can collect pensions, not Conservatives, in the loony world inhabited by backward and hypocritical leftists.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

slootman wrote:So many questions - next post: Where am I? What day is it? Who are you? What's MY name?

BTW: To suggest that someone who's served our country in the military shouldn't be entitled to the same federal pension as MP's who didn't serve is disgustingly insulting to veterans. Just so you're sure of which decade this is, JUSTIN Trudeau is PM now.

Nowhere did I suggest that.

I simply pointed out that it was hypocritical of Hobby the Head JT Cheerleader to suggest that Ron Cannan's pension was evil when the missing MP was also collecting a pension and earning credits toward another.

I think Mr Cannan worked hard for the people of this riding and has earned his pay.

I don't think that what's his name, MP, has done anything for his riding yet. All I've seen of him is a picture of his new desk and another of him playing with his phone when he should have been representing the government at Canada Day celebrations.

And FYI, for 5/6ths of this decade, STEPHEN Harper was PM. Just so you're sure which decade you're in.
Last edited by Rwede on Aug 9th, 2016, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote:That invisible MP, whatever his name is, would be wisely councilled to stand up for his constituents and do something that benefits people here. He should also take heed of Dan Albas' weekly report in the local paper asking why he (invisible dude) doesn't bother to keep his constituents informed of happenings in Ottawa..

I was just talking to a business owner in Penticton who went to some government meetings in Ottawa, and asked his NDP MP if he could be there in Ottawa. No call was returned, no email was returned, and the guy never showed up. There's great government representation for you.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I was just talking to a business owner in Penticton who went to some government meetings in Ottawa, and asked his NDP MP if he could be there in Ottawa. No call was returned, no email was returned, and the guy never showed up. There's great government representation for you.

Old Dick the NDP MP has spent a bit too much time talking with the birds, IMO.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Apologies for misinterpreting the post. The initial perception hit a nerve and I should've taken a minute to read a bit more.

As far as our current MP goes, I've seen cases where he's stepped up to help people with various matters - these have been in the media, though I'm not going to go searching for them. I don't agree that a weekly news article by another MP is a great comparison - they read like typical political bashing of other parties, cleverly disguised as informative pieces. Just another sounding board to bash the opposition, which is something we have more than enough of already. I'd rather an MP spend time on actual government business instead of updating their makeshift blogs - much akin to views of excessive time spent on selfies.

One thing I can say specific to this topic is that our MP has been very vocal on the F35 program well before being elected, or even running. Hopefully that passion will be apparent in Ottawa on the matter. As far as F35s go, my view is that this is more about Canada being in the cool kids F35 club rather than getting the best aircraft for our needs and budget.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gee, what started as a Trudeau bashing thread still continues as the same and nothing much about the F35's.

Might as well shut this one down as there are bunches of bashing threads all ready!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Canada”