Aaron Driver from troubled child to terrorist suspect...

pepsilover
Übergod

Re: Aaron Driver from troubled child to terrorist suspect...

Post by pepsilover »

Atomoa wrote:
The Government tried to make him undergo religious counselling but the courts agreed that was wrong it looks like. Most news stories only covered the first part of the Peace Bond story but the follow up to the challenge of the Peace Bond was not heavily reported until the last few days. It doesn't change the fact the Government would make him do that if they had their wishes, which plays right into Aaron's anger.

I was going to point out that the comparison of punishing a child by taking away his phone wasn't valid but you did it for me. Would you have hired Aaron to mow your lawn? Let your kids be friends with him and risk having your house raided? We took a depressed and messed up kid, isolated him and ruined his standing in our society which apparently made him much worse. He was politically active and the Government showed him why his anger was valid. We certainly didn't help the guy get better - he blew himself up.

In other words, you were wrong. Aaron was not forced to undergo religious counselling. What exactly is your issue here? You are not making much sense on that second issue of the phone and internet being taken away. How exactly did I prove your point, and what is your point?

And while I am at it, I would like to ask you how do you propose we stop these people from becoming radicalized once they are found out to be involved such as Driver was? You want to hug him? You think that's going to make it all better? Even his father couldn't love this kid enough. He was obviously damaged and ripe for the picking. Better he is dead than 100 innocents. And that IS what it boils down to these days, thanks to terror groups around the world. This is the world we live in. It's changing and laws and freedoms are going to change too.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maybe we can offer them cookies and milk and tell them everything will be better [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

We proved that taking away the bracelet and counseling didn't work. Maybe next time we will listen and do these so we can keep track of him and counsel him to get better.

For those of you who feel so sorry for him, how many of you would take him into your home, give him a job etc. and help him get better. I'm willing to bet that honestly not one of you would. So who do you expect to do this. I am sorry but this was a very sick person and was probably not curable. In my mind anyone that is to the stage of blowing themselves up for a cause they probably don't even understand is beyond help. We have to start taking these threats serious or we will pay big time some day.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I can not believe the balls of the parents whom are on national news Blaming the government. Parents this self centered and stupid are bound to end up with kids just as bad(as they did)
Brother says quote: he was turning his life around lately

yes instead of threatening to kill people this time he was actually going to try and do such
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Aaron Driver's cabbie plans legal action against police
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/a ... -1.3726701
Shared via the CBC News Android App

The cabby says police put his life in danger . His point is going to be shy did they let the guy in his cab intstead of arresting him before he got in the cab ?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:Aaron Driver's cabbie plans legal action against police
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/a ... -1.3726701
Shared via the CBC News Android App

The cabby says police put his life in danger . His point is going to be shy did they let the guy in his cab intstead of arresting him before he got in the cab ?

From what I understand, they were encircling the house when he fled and got into a cab, so the option to arrest him prior didn't exist.

The other option apparently was to either kill him when he fled, or let him escape. He had an explosive, so it sounds like they made the right choice.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

But your guessing . If they knew he was at the house they could have got him in the housec. And they gave him time for bomb to go off and could have kiilled the cabbie . How is that the right choice ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

your the one guessing ,your pure hate for cops is very clear, they had to stop him, or what let him go too a mall and blow people up, then you would be on here bitching how slow the rcmp was to react
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:But your guessing . If they knew he was at the house they could have got him in the housec. And they gave him time for bomb to go off and could have kiilled the cabbie . How is that the right choice ?

Actually, you're guessing. I'm looking at what appeared to have occurred - you're assuming that they could have done that without having been there.

I think if they could have encircled the house or if they could have killed him before he got into the cab, do you not think they would have?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:your the one guessing ,your pure hate for cops is very clear, they had to stop him, or what let him go too a mall and blow people up, then you would be on here bitching how slow the rcmp was to react

*removed* Back on topic im not guessing anything . That is going to be the cabbies argument . They could have got him in the house or motioned the cab keep going
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 18th, 2016, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic / personal insult.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:We proved that taking away the bracelet and counseling didn't work. Maybe next time we will listen and do these so we can keep track of him and counsel him to get better.

For those of you who feel so sorry for him, how many of you would take him into your home, give him a job etc. and help him get better. I'm willing to bet that honestly not one of you would. So who do you expect to do this. I am sorry but this was a very sick person and was probably not curable. In my mind anyone that is to the stage of blowing themselves up for a cause they probably don't even understand is beyond help. We have to start taking these threats serious or we will pay big time some day.

Exactly and letting a suspect get in a cab is the opposite of what you just said
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Um the thread isnt about me . Im not the cab driver . Im repeating what the cab driver is saying . Your guessing as you were not there nor privy to cops plans . The cabbie was there and he is taking the cops to court .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 18th, 2016, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.

Return to “Canada”