Aaron Driver from troubled child to terrorist suspect...

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Aaron Driver from troubled child to terrorist suspect...

Post by the truth »

did you miss the part ,that he was on his way to the mall to blow people up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:Seems to me the Peace Bond and pre-crime arrest only made him worse. It didnt prevent anything and it didn't change Aaron Driver.

I don't know if it made him worse at all. What we know is that he was radicalized - he didn't "just" have an opinion - and right before he died, he was actively preparing to express his opinion by killing Canadians in a terror attack.

Could we have "saved him" through love? I doubt we could love him at the Federal level any more than the support he may have been receiving from family and friends at a social level. When it comes to an actual security risk and actual threats against life, there's a reason why we have to take measures to prevent the attack.

If he was detained, it suggests to me that they were right to detain him, as quite obviously he was a threat to life.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

the truth wrote:did you miss the part ,that he was on his way to the mall to blow people up

That was a year after we sent him off to religious retraining, held him in jail without charge, forced him to sign a peace bond, limited his movements, took away the internet and cell phone use, publicly destroyed his employment chances and obliterated his community standing.

We isolated him, forced religious retraining on him and destroyed his life. He didn't commit a crime. This was Harper-era-pre-crime-terrorism new territory. As I mentioned we don't make known gangsters or statistically predisposed people sign peace bonds or wear GPS bracelets based on what they might do.

A year later he built a suicide bomb. We should be surprised by this?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

FreeRights wrote:What we know is that he was radicalized - he didn't "just" have an opinion - and right before he died, he was actively preparing to express his opinion by killing Canadians in a terror attack.

A year ago he did.

“If a country goes to war with another country, or another people, or another community, I think that they have to be prepared for things like that to happen, and when it does happen, you know, they shouldn’t act surprised. They had it coming to them. They deserved it.”

Aaron Driver

The US and it's allies fund "rebels" to take out the government in Syria. This becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in our time. Those "rebels" end up becoming ISIS, due to the US and it's allies illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003 and following occupation of it. Up until ISIS started attacking Erbil and it's massive oil assets the US had no real problem with those rebels as long as they destabilized the Syrian Government. ISIS grew beyond the US's control but they still shared the same objective in taking out the Syrian Government. Russia, who backs the Syrian Government, stepped in and exposed the fallacy that the US was "fighting ISIS" because Russia effectively engaged ISIS and their infrastructure. This included all the oil ISIS was selling to US allies.

We facilitate the creation of a bloodthirsty terrorist group as long as they do our bidding. Once they grow beyond our control we pretend to fight them with one hand while allowing them to continue fighting the Syrian Government with the other. The people of Syria die by the hundreds of thousands because we want to install our brutal dictator in Syria and replace the Russians brutal dictator in Syria. This is just about who controls the assets of Syria. Nobody gives a poop about the people.

Canada was not on ISIS's radar until Stephen Harper wanted to show off his war penis and swing it around in the middle east. We attacked them first and in reality the US is hoping ISIS stays alive long enough to topple Assad in Syria. We are actually part of the big charade.

I share the same opinion.

Now send me off to anti-left-wing reprogramming and destroy my life and come talk to me in a year.

Also this kid was under RCMP watch, the peace bond and with all that effort he managed to built a bomb. It's hard to argue the effectiveness of our actions. This was a kid with the full weight of the RCMP on him and it didnt prevent anything. I also believe my proposal that we aggravated his resolve is quite valid.

I suppose pre-execution is the only real safe bet now?
Last edited by Atomoa on Aug 12th, 2016, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Buckminster Fuller
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow lets always blame everything and everyone else enable,enable,enable
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:
A year ago he did.

Do you think the police would have detained him because he only had an opinion?
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Atomoa wrote:
That was a year after we sent him off to religious retraining, held him in jail without charge, forced him to sign a peace bond, limited his movements, took away the internet and cell phone use, publicly destroyed his employment chances and obliterated his community standing.

We isolated him, forced religious retraining on him and destroyed his life. He didn't commit a crime. This was Harper-era-pre-crime-terrorism new territory. As I mentioned we don't make known gangsters or statistically predisposed people sign peace bonds or wear GPS bracelets based on what they might do.

A year later he built a suicide bomb. We should be surprised by this?

Uh yeah, we should. Unless you think every person who has had a brush with the law should respond by building suicide bombs.

Quit using this situation to invoke your disapproval for religion in general and for Harper. Harper had it right where terrorists are concerned and that was the reason I voted for him. Some of you are still trying to convince yourselves that Harper was wrong, bad guy, and you have tunnel vision. This is a country-wide SECURITY issue that crosses party lines, or should.

And get your story straight. This guy had his tracking device removed, any 'religious training' was not 'forced' on him, and to my knowledge he never took any. Why are you defending this piece of *bleep*?

He was on his way to a shopping mall to blow up somebody's baby, toddler, mother, sister, wife, brother, father, take your pick. And yet here you are wailing about this pos losing his rights. Newsflash but your leap of logic that because he had to take some religious training and wear an ankle bracelet justifies his state of mind to commit such an atrocity, is very concerning to me to be honest.

So again, I ask you, what is it that drives you to defend this piece of crap? And would you honestly be spouting this self-righteous, pompous opinion if one of YOUR relatives had been murdered?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Atomoa wrote:
Now send me off to anti-left-wing reprogramming and destroy my life and come talk to me in a year.

Also this kid was under RCMP watch, the peace bond and with all that effort he managed to built a bomb. It's hard to argue the effectiveness of our actions. This was a kid with the full weight of the RCMP on him and it didnt prevent anything. I also believe my proposal that we aggravated his resolve is quite valid.

I suppose pre-execution is the only real safe bet now?

He was not a 'kid', he was in his 20's. That's no kid. As to Peace bonds they are nothing more than a restraining order. That is hardly the "full weight of the RCMP on him". In fact it was quite the opposite and peace bonds are going to be reviewed because they depend on the cooperation and honesty of the person in question - which is bloody ridiculous in and of itself.

You have been going on and on about how hard done by Driver was, when in fact he got off easy. Read about peace bonds:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ron-driver
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

the truth wrote:looks like they had good reasons to keep an eye on him afte rall thank god, feel free to find reasons and keep enabling guys like him if you like
what ever happened to people being responsible for there own actions , no need for that when people think like you do,always someone's else's fault I guess

People like that are of the mistaken opinion (a hard-wired opinion apparently) that LOVE CONQUERS ALL. They don't recognize the fact that evil exists in the world to destroy love, and plenty of times it wins. They are somewhat like hopeless romantics.

And yes, it is always somebody else's fault, some non-specific person, or persons, or society, or a community of people, or maybe a spiritual being or a politician, nothing terribly specific as I said. Their arguments are completely and utterly full of holes and always will be.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Driver himself agreed to the peace bond, and agreed he was a threat. What more do you need here?

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/aaron-driver ... -1.2761216

CTV Winnipeg
Published Tuesday, February 2, 2016 7:28AM CST
Last Updated Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:13PM CST

The case of a Winnipeg man accused of having involvement with terrorist groups returned to court Tuesday.

Aaron Driver, 23, agreed to enter a peace bond, which will last for 10 months. By entering the peace bond, Driver acknowledged that there are reasonable grounds to fear that he may help or partake in terrorist activity.

Driver was challenging an attempt by federal authorities to limit his activities on suspicion he might help, or engage in, terrorist activities. His lawyer argued it violated Driver’s mobility and freedoms.

When Driver was released from custody in June of last year, he was ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device. He was also banned from going on the Internet and is barred from communicating with ISIS or having any object with the ISIS logo.

Under the conditions of the peace bond, Driver will no longer have to wear an electronic monitoring device. He must stay at his residence in Strathroy, Ontario and notify RCMP if he plans to do otherwise.

He cannot use or comment on any form of social media. He also can't have a cell phone, computer, laptop or tablet. That part of the condition expires Aug. 31, 2016.

Driver also cannot have any communication with ISIS or have anything with the ISIS or ISIL logo.

Where is this 'RELIGIOUS RE-TRAINING' claim coming from? I see all the propaganda in this thread making this claim. So where's the proof?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

It really comes down to taking responsibility for ones own actions. It appears like the Federal government took appropriate steps to manage what was clearly a legitimate security threat, and I also see no evidence of religious correction programs. In fact, I don't think the would "de-Islamify" someone - since it's not Islam, but Islam extremism, that results in many terror activities.

This person made a choice, acted on it even after preventative measures were taken, and is now dead. That is nobody's fault but his own, and the family seems to agree with it.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

FreeRights wrote:Do you think the police would have detained him because he only had an opinion?

That's exactly what happened.

He tweeted his opinions and then the authorities detained him and wouldn't let him go (held without charges) until he "voluntarily" signed a peace bond with the associated conditions.

If he made actual threats they would have just put him in jail given that is a actual crime. He wasn't charged, let alone convicted of anything.

If this is the route we want to go then we should round up every person with a Hells Angels vest, slap a GPS on them and take away their cell phones. Why stop there? I hear poor people commit lots of crimes and Natives make up the majority of people in jail in Canada.

I have no problem with the police stopping this guy from blowing himself and other up obviously. I just have a opinion that we made him much worse and we totally isolated him, which isn't good for vulnerable and troubled people. We destroyed his community standing and his employment opportunities. His Father didn't have a opportunity to publicly support his son - if he did he would have had his life destroyed too!

Aaron Driver started going to a Mosque that refused to turn him away because they wanted to show him that he could be peaceful and a family even took him in and tried to befriend him, but that got the families house raided by the RCMP.

What were Aarons options in life at this point?
Last edited by Atomoa on Aug 12th, 2016, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Buckminster Fuller
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

There was never any forced religious counselling. Why some posters are pounding that gong is beyond me.

Here's a pretty chilling account of TERRORISM IN CANADA. First a snippet of what Driver actually said on his taped warning, second proof there was no religious counselling he partook in.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/th ... spartandhp

"“Oh Canada, you received many warnings,” says the masked man, his camera rolling. “You were told many times what will become of those who fight against the Islamic State … There is a fire burning in the chest of every Muslim, and this fire can be cooled only by the spilling of your blood.” He finishes his two-minute rant by pledging allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of Islamic State, who “has called for jihad in the lands of the crusaders.”

"Arrested in June 2015, his original peace bond dictated that he wear an electronic monitoring bracelet and attend religious counseling. But his lawyer filed a constitutional challenge—and won—convincing a judge that Driver should not be forced to undergo such counseling."

SSsooooooooooo I guess because his internet and cell phone was taken away, it's an excuse to plan and commit mass murder - if you're a muslim seeking jihad.

Ever ground your kid from using his cell phone or internet? Yeah...........
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

pepsilover wrote:He was not a 'kid', he was in his 20's

pepsilover wrote:Ever ground your kid from using his cell phone or internet? Yeah...........

The Government tried to make him undergo religious counselling but the courts agreed that was wrong it looks like. Most news stories only covered the first part of the Peace Bond story but the follow up to the challenge of the Peace Bond was not heavily reported until the last few days. It doesn't change the fact the Government would make him do that if they had their wishes, which plays right into Aaron's anger.

I was going to point out that the comparison of punishing a child by taking away his phone wasn't valid but you did it for me. Would you have hired Aaron to mow your lawn? Let your kids be friends with him and risk having your house raided? We took a depressed and messed up kid, isolated him and ruined his standing in our society which apparently made him much worse. He was politically active and the Government showed him why his anger was valid. We certainly didn't help the guy get better - he blew himself up.
Last edited by Atomoa on Aug 12th, 2016, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Buckminster Fuller
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 12th, 2016, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic. Do not threaten other posters.

Return to “Canada”