Trudeau's bizarre priorities

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau's bizarre priorities

Post by Gone_Fishin »

This is a strange subject, but Trudeau is spending a bunch of time and resources to lower the age of consent for anal sex. Perhaps things like the economy and unemployment should receive time and resources, but no, Trudeau is more concerned with changing the criminal code so young teens can legally have anal sex.

I don't think we should devolve into a discussion of varying morals, because that's a waste of bandwidth that will be a dead end. Let's talk instead about whether Trudeau's priorities are what Canada needs right now, today.

The story is here http://debatepost.com/2016/07/10/legali ... -priority/

If you want to avoid 16 minutes of ums and ahhs, start at about 15:30 of the video.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trudeau's bizarre priorities

Post by Omnitheo »

1: why is this illegal in the first place?

2: government can focus on multiple things at once.

I don't know how often this second point needs to be stressed. It's not like a queue line of issues. any changes take time and have to go through numerous processes. It's not like we can't get the ball rolling on some things while there are other things needing to be done as well.

For example I can pay my bills online and check my email while I'm cooking my dinner. I can make a post on castanet while I'm waiting for my passport to be delivered.

You guys really need to get a clue as to how government functions.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

1: There is a different age of constant for anal sex?? Who knew.
2: I can see this being an issue for gay men, as one of the ways they have sex is anally. Young gay men wanting to have sex would suddenly be at risk due to age of constant being different which isn't equality.
3: Obviously, it seems to be an issue with the LGBTQ community as the interviewer was the one who brought it up.
4: As Omnitheo pointed out, our government can focus on multiple things at once. The government can focus on job-loss, our economy AND creating equal rights for the LGBTQ community. Yay for multi-tasking.
5: Thanks for posting the interview, and now some Rebel cr*p. It was neat to watch!
hail Satan y'all
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I was just going to post exactly what Omnitheo just posted.....so I will look at a couple of the other comments.

I'm not sure why you think Trudeau is spending "a bunch of time and resources".....it is just government doing their job.

The criminal code presently differentiates, apparently from my quick google search, between anal and vaginal sex by two years.
I guess it isn't so much a case of saying that they want to make it so that they can "legally have it" as opposed to why should it be criminalized? Do we want to to have a 17 year old with a criminal record or using court resources for this?

But, it still comes down to the many many thousands of government workers and politicians being able to do more than one thing at once. In fact, that is exactly what I would expect. To think that *everyone* just hangs about dealing with one thing is a bit preposterous.
There will be lobby groups or special interest groups of all types that will feel that their issues should be the priority. I agree 100% that the economy should be at the top of the list. However, it is a list and there are other items that are on it for different groups and different reasons.

As for the video, he was asked the question, it was answered promptly, and it didn't exactly indicate anything about spending excessive time and resources on this matter. It is something I hadn't really thought about and didn't know the current laws, but if the idea is to bring the various types of sexual acts into line with the same age of consent, I guess it makes sense not to criminalize some and allow others at the same age.
You and 71 others Like this post
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I believe that the Criminal Code was written to protect young boys from anal sexual abuse by authority figures, such as teachers and priests.

Whether or not it's right is a discussion for another thread. As mentioned by the OP, different people have different morality measures that probably aren't going to change from a Casta-thread.

However, with the current economic crisis in Canada, and another 110,000 people thrown onto the unemployment line, I think Trudeau should be spending ALL of his time and resources to stop the precipitous slide our economy has hit since his election.

I'm sure that legalizing anal sex for youngsters won't create one single job in Canada - well, maybe some lawyers will have new cases to deal with when the first priest sodomizes a boy, but that's not really economic stimulus, is it?

The economy isn't about anal sex, Justin. There are 110,000 MORE families who can't afford back to school shoes for the kids in the past 60 days - deal with that.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”