Overhaul Needed: Corrections Canada & Cdn Judicial System

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Overhaul Needed: Corrections Canada & Cdn Judicial System

Post by Barney Google »

The Canadian Corrections and Judicial systems needs a complete overhaul.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
~Albert Einstein

Global News;
Serial rapist re-arrested less than a week after public warning issued in Calgary

"A notorious serial rapist is once again off Calgary streets and back in custody."...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2878876/seria ... paign=2014
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Re: Overhaul Needed: Corrections Canada & Cdn Judicial Syst

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Death penalty would cure a lot of the problem with these scum bags.! No chance of parole and no chance of re offending. Plus Rope or a bullet is a lot cheaper then housing and feeding these animals so that's a win for us law abiding tax payers.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Old Global News:
Serial rapist moving to the Okanagan

http://globalnews.ca/news/175963/serial ... -okanagan/
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

They are just marginalized, misunderstood individuals that need a hug and a selfie opportunity.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Animal killer Kayla Bourque released to live in Vancouver

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.1344837
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Canadian child-killer's release draws outrage
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/world/americas/canada-killer-released/index.html
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Death penalty would cure a lot of the problem with these scum bags.! No chance of parole and no chance of re offending. Plus Rope or a bullet is a lot cheaper then housing and feeding these animals so that's a win for us law abiding tax payers.

Yeah know Diesel, I have a strong tendency to agree with you in many of these instances. The victims and families' have a life sentence and the perp gets a worry free life and pretty good 'digs' at the expense of Canadians - that include the victims and their families as Canadian Taxpayers too. I find that sadly ironic.

Rwede wrote:They are just marginalized, misunderstood individuals that need a hug and a selfie opportunity.

Hummm....Rwede, once again you have nailed it! :up:
- Unknown
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

The other thing that may keep these low life waste of skins from reoffending seeing as the Bleeding heart liberals are so opposed to the death penalty is to start holding parole boards accountable.
If parole boards are so convinced that Rapists, murderers, pedophiles and so on are no longer a thread to society and choose to release them then if that criminal reoffenders while out from jail early then hold the parole board members accountable by charging them with being an accessory to the crime the offender committed. I'm guessing these bleeding heart parole boards and their members would become a little less liberal with releasing these scum criminals early because of good behaviour or claiming they are rehabilitated if they could be charged with being an accessory for using poor judgement in releasing these guys early.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Not only do we need to return to the death penalty, we need to bring back the lash.

And show the executions on television. And make viewing mandatory in our schools to scare some of these kids onto the straight and narrow.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I also think that if Corrections Canada adopted a labor program for their 'clients' they'd have fewer 'guests'.
- Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Actually, what is needed is a constitutional change. One that balances the public right to safety against the rights of the individual.

That would be difficult to craft, and even more difficult to implement, but if you look at what happened to Harper's "tough on crime" agenda - it went down in flames as law after law was ruled unconstitutional.

The only way that I can see that the balance can be restored, is to recognize and codify things like "if a person has been convicted of a violent crime, and that has been affirmed on appeal, then that persons rights shall be reduced for the period of their incarceration as follows..." and "if a person has been convicted of multiple violent crimes (sexual assaults of all types are violent crimes), and that has been reaffirmed on appeals, and on balance of probabilities said person is a risk to re-offend at the end of their incarceration, then that person may be placed in a permanent supervisory setting of the government's choice, and be required to have all public outings supervised at the convenience of the government".

Anyway, despite my clumsiness with legal wording, you can see what I am driving at.

And we do need a constitutional change. Not everyone is a candidate for rehabilitation.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^ totally agree. Not everyone that qualifies for rehabilitation is a probable positive candidate.
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Trudeau government eye exceptions to mandatory minimum sentences

OTTAWA – "The Liberal government is studying the idea of building some wiggle room into the controversial convention of mandatory minimum sentences to avoid unduly harsh penalties in cases that don’t warrant them."...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2894756/trude ... sentences/
- Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

To me, any legislative attempt to adjust the effectiveness of the criminal justice system is just spitting in the wind. There is a failure in the constitution to recognize that there are some people from whom the public has a right to be protected from, and permanently. There is far too much fussing about the individual rights of criminals and not enough emphasis on public safety.

In this case, I see trying to fiddle with laws as being more political posturing than actually doing something.

When I see a drafted and presented constitutional change that does that, then I will believe that the government is actually trying to address the problems. But then, that would be asking politicians to actually do their jobs...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Since lawyers and judges (promoted lawyers) who build and maintain the Criminal Court System are the ones who benefit financially most from the present theoretical law system you will never see it changed in our lifetime. PE Trudeau brought the present lawyer and criminal enriching system in so don't expect his son J Trudeau to change it back to the search for truth and justice that it used to be before the 1980s.

Why would the farmer kill the hijacked (from the taxpayers) cow that continually provides him with milk.

That truth and justice have taken a far second place to judicial profit is obviously of no concern to them, except as it will serve their purposes.

Return to “Canada”