Shot looking for help in Sask

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Shot looking for help in Sask

Post by maryjane48 »

Rally for Colten Boushie planned ahead of court appearance for man accused of shooting him

A bail hearing for a second-degree murder case that has sparked a heated racial debate in Saskatchewan will be heard today.

Gerald Stanley, 54, is charged with second-degree murder in connection with a shooting on a farm last week. He made his first court appearance in North Battleford on Aug. 11.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.3725296
Shared via the CBC News Android App
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Update:
Gerald Stanley pleads not guilty to 2nd-degree murder in Colten Boushie shooting

Judge has reserved decision on whether accused will be granted bail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.3725296
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Area farmer

Post by Area farmer »

I farm in the area where the shooting took place and theft is unbelievable. After two incidents which had me in high speed chases trying to get my stolen property back I have spent 20 000.00 on cameras and security. A new German Shepard now keeps thieves out of my yard. Thankfully it has avoided me getting into the situation that Gerald Standley was caught in.

I hadn't heard what happened on that farm that day because of the media spinning it as racial hate. Farmers here are tired of theft. It's not about race. It's about theft. Regardless of skin color. Anyway I talked to Stanley's neighbor about what really happened. He told me that a car drove into Stanley's yard. His wife was cutting grass on the lawn mower. Two women got out of the car and starting assaulting his wife. He saw it grabbed a gun and fired a shot off in the air and told everyone to leave his yard. The three men in the viehicles proceeded to try run him over with their car. That's when he fired at the car.

Just don't understand how this became a racial thing. It was just a man protecting his wife and his life.
Area farmer

Post by Area farmer »

I live in the area and cell reception is not an issue. Even if cell service was an issue they could have walked the three miles to the reserve just like the one who got out of the car and ran home. It was mid day and the weather was warn and sunny. Gerrald Stanley would give the shirt off his back to someone in need regardless of skin color if they came to his door and respectfully asked for it. When a group of five come in to his yard attack his wife who is cutting grass refuse to leave and after a warning shot act agerssively towards him it's a different issue.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

There is always two sides to a story.Why anyone would turn this into a racial incident is a wonder. :chicken:
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Vegas 1500 says :::Didn't deserve to die but will be interesting to hear the farmers side of the story. And....you don't drive onto someone's rural property let alone with 5 guys in the car....I think anyone "defenses" would have been up in this situation.

Total agree with did not deserve to die but disagree it should be a big deal because a person drives onto your farm property
A car load of young Native or white boys may raise your internal alarm somewhat ( it would mine)
but I don't see where this guys life or family was in any immanent danger and I certainly think the farmer is an idiot here and will pay the consequences.U don't want this to happen then put a locked gate on your rural property driveway
mooseman

Post by mooseman »

put a locked gate on your driveway? you clearly have not been to lot of farms on the prairies..
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dontrump wrote:U don't want this to happen then put a locked gate on your rural property driveway

Well lets say this is a small farm of a quarter section. That would be approx 160 acres. Do you think a gate is going to slow anyone down trying to get on the property?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Well lets say this is a small farm of a quarter section. That would be approx 160 acres. Do you think a gate is going to slow anyone down trying to get on the property?

well lets just say there is always a designated road way to such and if I had a locked gate on the roadway and these five guys still showed up in my yard and in a car I would definitely know to be on full guard and dialing the cops to boot
Area farmer

Post by Area farmer »

Calling the cops is often futile here where the shooting took place. The rural detachments are more than a half hour drive away and are closed at night. With no one there a call has to go in to wake done done up. Get dressed go to the station get a viehicle and drive half hour or more to the scene. Help could be hours away. The last viehicle that got stolen the farmer is still waiting for a response to his 911 call. Shooting someone is not a good option but around here you are on your own. You have no backup and if your life is threatened you are the only one who can defend yourself. Sometimes we are forced to do things you don't want to do. Just wish we were not put in these circumstances. I mean we are at home not looking for trouble. Trouble comes driving down the driveway looking for us.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Area farmer wrote:Calling the cops is often futile here where the shooting took place. The rural detachments are more than a half hour drive away and are closed at night. With no one there a call has to go in to wake done done up. Get dressed go to the station get a viehicle and drive half hour or more to the scene. Help could be hours away. The last viehicle that got stolen the farmer is still waiting for a response to his 911 call. Shooting someone is not a good option but around here you are on your own. You have no backup and if your life is threatened you are the only one who can defend yourself. Sometimes we are forced to do things you don't want to do. Just wish we were not put in these circumstances. I mean we are at home not looking for trouble. Trouble comes driving down the driveway looking for us.

where about in sask are u located? what exact area?
My point was not that one should not defend ones property and family but one also has to have the wherewithal
to understand the difference between imminent danger and 5 drunk unarmed kids with a flat tire
Like I said if one had a locked gate and a crowd like this then drove around the gate and came at me I would have much different thoughts than them simply driving down a open roadway towards my house
he was armed, they were not, he did not need to shoot this kid
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ken7 wrote:I found this on Facebook. The fellow who was shot. Not saying he is no good, but it makes one wonder.

says it all case closed
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

dontrump wrote:...My point was not that one should not defend ones property and family but one also has to have the wherewithal to understand the difference between imminent danger and 5 drunk unarmed kids with a flat tire ...

uhhh.... I don't think you read this part of Area farmer's post:

Area farmer wrote:... I talked to Stanley's neighbor about what really happened. He told me that a car drove into Stanley's yard. His wife was cutting grass on the lawn mower. Two women got out of the car and starting assaulting his wife. He saw it grabbed a gun and fired a shot off in the air and told everyone to leave his yard. The three men in the viehicle proceeded to try run him over with their car. That's when he fired at the car...

So, what was he supposed to do, just watch his wife be beaten? Should he have let them drive over him?

Area Farmer and his neighbours should have surveillance cameras to protect themselves against this sort of thing. If the man had a video recording of what went down, there is a chance we'd not be having this discussion.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

alfred2 wrote:There is always two sides to a story.Why anyone would turn this into a racial incident is a wonder. :chicken:

I'd suggest if one turns this into a racial issue they are. I for one don't care about color.

IF I fear for my life or the life of my family I too would do what ever it takes to protect them, including eliminating the threat (if that means killing it so be it. ) I am one proud Canadian and I am tired of the laws of Canada protecting the innocent, what ever happened to our rights?? Thanks Trudeau!
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Gotta love some of his FB posts.

To paraphrase:
"F#@% the police, F#@% the town, F#@% this country, and I am going to rob and steal just for the fun of it".
Oh and also:
"I ain't got yor money until Welly shows up".

Young man's FB bravado?

I am inclined to believe the Farming couple before this man. I suspect this whole "we were just looking for help when this horrid white devil shot at us for no reason what so ever" was fabricated so the race card could be pulled.
I could be wrong.....but I have a feeling I am not.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

Return to “Canada”