Cabinet Sudbury Retreat

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Cabinet Sudbury Retreat

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I wonder if the Health minister let them all ride in her limo to Sudbury, or they took a bus.

No, but she might let them use the luxury Lexus the limo service provided.

The mystery vehicle that cost taxpayers more than $3,700 to ferry Health Minister Jane Philpott around Toronto earlier this year was a luxury Lexus, CBC News has learned.

Philpott's office has repeatedly refused to tell reporters what kind of vehicle a Toronto limousine service used in shuttling the minister around, saying only that it wasn't a limousine.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpot ... -1.3729544
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oneh2obabe wrote:No, but she might let them use the luxury Lexus the limo service provided.

Great!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Nothing but the best for the Limousine Liberals!

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

And thus begins the era of conservatives expanding the definition of Limousine.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Omnitheo wrote:And thus begins the era of conservatives expanding the definition of Limousine.

A luxury sedan with a driver has been called a limo for decades......
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 22nd, 2016, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.3731042

"...Trudeau was asked if he made a point of reminding his cabinet ministers about being frugal with public money after a week in which it was learned taxpayers paid more than $3,700 for a car service to transport Health Minister Jane Philpott between events on two different occasions in a luxury sedan.
Trudeau said that the incident was a mistake and when mistakes are made he expects his ministers to acknowledge it, apologize for it, make amends and make sure it does not happen again.

"This situation was a reminder for all of us to be extremely careful about our expenses and about the public trust that we wield," he said. Philpott apologized again for the "inappropriate" expenses on Sunday and said she'd repay a portion of the money."

Trudeau apologises for Minister's lavish spending
http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/748665411984/

Edited to delete misquote made by old fuddy duddy illiterate computer geek...
Last edited by Barney Google on Aug 22nd, 2016, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

"This situation was a reminder for all of us to be extremely careful about our expenses and about the public trust that we wield," he said. "And that's exactly what it's going to continue to be."

:135:

A reminder for Liberals not to get caught stealing from taxpayers?

And what does "And that's exactly what it's going to continue to be." mean?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 23rd, 2016, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed. Do not alter quotes.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^ Sorry Rwede

I went back to check the article I quoted from and the part;

"And that's exactly what it's going to continue to be."

Is no longer there...it very well could have been a mistake on my part.

I'm not that great on a computer and my 'cutting' and 'pasting' skills leave much to be desired.

I thought I did it right but I guess not...sorry!?!?!?

My bad.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Canada”