From Limos to Executive Lounges...

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: From Limos to Executive Lounges...

Post by sooperphreek »

thats the problem. the liberals should be like the conservatives and never apologize for anything. prorogue government? boo fricken hoo. omnibus freedom quenching charter threatening fine print? boo fricken hoo. try to infringe on pro choice? boo fricken hoo.
thats what the liberals should start saying. backed into your boob because you were crowding me? boo fricken hoo! make a guy lallygaging hurry up? boo fricken hoo! pay for a photo op? boo fricken hoo! oil crashes and fire burns your town making you expect handouts? boo fricken hoo! in a selfie with no shirt? boo fricken hoo!!
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

For some reason I had hoped our forum discussions moved our posters out of the Canadian political drama sandbox and onto a level of having adult conversations where Party 'leanings' could be tempered so that meaningful dialog could be exchanged and good natured humor exchanged.
'Boo hoo' and the like barbs are keeping us in the sandbox.
Disappointing.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*i've cleaned up this thread. if you see anything i missed please report it. stay on topic please. thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liberal Philpott to be probed by Ethics Commissioner

Post by Rwede »

Philpott's use of Liberal-friendly car service to be probed by ethics commissioner

Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott's use of a luxury car service owned by a Liberal Party supporter will be probed by parliamentary ethics commissioner Mary Dawson to see if the minister violated the Conflict of Interest Act.

Last week Philpott was revealed to have spent $3,700 over two separate days for a high-end car service in the Toronto, Hamilton and Niagara areas and another $3,815 for 20 trips to Toronto Pearson International Airport.

On Aug. 18, Conservative health critic Colin Carrie wrote a letter to Dawson asking for her office to investigate Philpott's use of Executive Sedan Livery Service, owned by Reza Shirani, who campaigned for the minister in the last federal election.

In Dawson's reply to Carrie, she said that her office will now investigate whether Philpott violated section 7 of the Conflict of Interest Act which reads:

"No public office holder shall, in the exercise of an official power, duty or function, give preferential treatment to any person or organization based on the identity of the person or organization that represents the first-mentioned person or organization."

Full: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpot ... -1.3732575
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

^^ And here we go. If Mary Dawson finds, as she certainly should, an ethics violation, what will Selfie Boy do about it? Undoubtedly, he'll stammer out a standard "Umm ahh" and not do anything to censure Kickback Jane. Canada needs leadership that can be firm and decisive, not this fluffy-haired idiot that won't accept any responsibility for his party's wrongdoings.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I too find gross consumption from public officials repugnant. Of course, I've also seen my share of such shenanigans from a variety of public representatives from a variety of parties over the years. Bellying up to the bar is perhaps the most equal opportunity for all parties to be equally egregious!

But just a little defense here (and lord knows it's tough). I'm from this area of Toronto. It can easily be a 3 hour car drive on a fairly reasonable day from Toronto - Niagara (Hamilton in the middle). During high volume tourist season traffic it can be even more than that. A cab ride (normal yellow taxi) to Pearson Airport from downtown will cost you $100.00 minimum. If the service is carrying more than 1 car - load for whatever reason (people travel with assistants and such) you need to double/triple it. What I'm saying is that it sounds like a lot (and it is). However every single party since time is guilty of this ca-ca in a variety of forms. As well, there are variables unknown here - it could have been a multiple car trip that took an entire day/days and may have included a holiday rate etc?

"If" it was a multiple day trip, it would also include parking for the vehicles and a lodging rate(s) for the driver(s) plus a premium for working more than a 9 hour day. Blah blah blah. Did you ever pay to long-haul ship anything (much less people)? That service isn't cheap!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 24th, 2016, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

*removed*
hail Satan y'all
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*so. are you trying to get this thread locked down again? stop the stupid names and just discuss the topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 24th, 2016, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 24th, 2016, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 24th, 2016, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

if i ever make it on the hill i am signing up for the lounge with free drinks and limos too. oh! and im going to say that my house is somewhere else and get the rental allowance and use it to buy a place in one of the hottest markets on the planet. plus i can leave like our last PM with some coin in a bulletproof pension.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

sooperphreek wrote:if i ever make it on the hill i am signing up for the lounge with free drinks and limos too. oh! and im going to say that my house is somewhere else and get the rental allowance and use it to buy a place in one of the hottest markets on the planet. plus i can leave like our last PM with some coin in a bulletproof pension.

sounds pretty fun marijuanas gonna be legal too right...smoke a joint well my driver drives/flys me around on tax dollars would't be a bad gig! [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”