Liberal McKenna spends $6,662 on vanity shots

frazdog
Fledgling

Re: Liberal McKenna spends $6,662 on vanity shots

Post by frazdog »

I agree that we must be fiscally responsible but when you are governing a country and are a member of the international community there are going to be costs associated with it. When John Baird and his entourage spent taxpayer's money on hotels, meals, photography at the United Nations I feel it is a necessary expense to show our commitment to the international community. It was not a party and neither was the Paris climate conference. Regardless of your views on climate change, ought we not to be concerned about the health of the planet. When I worked in the seafood industry a contingent of people from the company attended an annual seafood conference in Boston. We didn't spend friviosly but we did stay in 5 star hotels. FYI, I was very impressed by Stephen Harpers visit to the Deep Bay research centre on Vancouver Island and the conservatives funding for research into why we were experiencing such high mortality rates in our shellfish products.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Liberal McKenna spends $10,000+ on vanity shots

Post by dontrump »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Disgusting! Add this excess cost to the already giant heaping pile of waste that was incurred at Canadian taxpayer expense for a bunch of Liberal cronies to attend a giant useless "climate" party in Paris, just to suckhole to the elitist bozos at the UN. This is just shameful and horrible.

I absolutely agree.This farce happened shortly after he was voted in by all the left loons and welfare bums in Canada
(39%) why he took 350+ people to this ridiculous unwarranted fiasco in paris is beyond comprehension
now add in things like this photo shoot
SERIOUSLY I ask someone to justify why these pictures were required and why not one of the liberal cronies that were in attendance could not have shot the same pictures with a 200$ camera
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

They were following the conservatives photo op strategy. As soon as the costs became apparent they realized that a change was needed. You should be happy about this.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Omnitheo wrote:They were following the conservatives photo op strategy. As soon as the costs became apparent they realized that a change was needed. You should be happy about this.

Is there any government waste you don't blame on someone else? My goodness these reply's are the political equivalent of misuse of money as saying "she was asking for it".
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

No, however I am quick to point out blatant bias. Such as the fact this forum is 90% threads about Trudeau or the Liberals since the election, with a new thread for every little thing. Any time the Tighty Righties on this forum are called out on it they cry "oh but you whiners when Harper was in power" yet I don't see any thread in the forum regarding Baird's even more expensive photo op. If wasteful spending was as much a concern of some members as they make it out to seem, I wonder why they were so silent on the subject before.

The liberals recognized an area here to reduce government spending. However in all the presentations of this story that information was obfuscated in favour of making out to be a negative thing as though this was something unique to the liberals and had not just been following the status quo of the last decade (something many of you voted in favour of mind you).
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Yet you never once pointed out the bias in any other political party except "harper". Hence the fact you support the mentality of "hey she was asking for it"...."if the last guy could abuse her why not the guy I like then".

The fact is there are many on here that any time they point out malfeasance are replied to with "harper" even if they also called out the "harper" group.

What else is often seen is the NDP and now the current JT Liberal groups using the word "harper" as an acceptable term for their people to misuse, abuse and rape the people......and you defend that attitude.

ALL misuse like this is bad and I like every single MP that gets called out for it and they should lose cabinet positions and perhaps their federal seat if the behavior is not corrected, repaid, or is severe enough.......to you and others though the attitude appears to be "take more, hurt more blame harper".....because after all in your morals apparently "asking for it" is a proper defense.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^ Great analogy Vevois.
It's amusing how former unacceptable acts and behaviors are now to be excused because in the past some irresponsible ignoramus and or ignoramai took unauthorized liberties or acted irresponsibly.
Where's the logic in that?
Geeesh
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Bev Oda got fired by Harper over a $16 glass of orange juice. Why isn't Trudeau admonishing his ministers for spending tens of thousands of dollars on photos and limos? Is Trudeau just not ready to be a leader who can make decisive, tough decisions that benefit Canadians?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Barney Google wrote:^^^ Great analogy Vevois.
It's amusing how former unacceptable acts and behaviors are now to be excused because in the past some irresponsible ignoramus and or ignoramai took unauthorized liberties or acted irresponsibly.
Where's the logic in that?
Geeesh

When the simple answer is....they are all wrong. And all should be called out for such transgressions....in my opinion.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

YAWN.....so what?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

sooperphreek wrote:YAWN.....so what?

YAWN, the desire to see less abuse. (so sorry you find abuse boring)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Bev Oda got fired by Harper over a $16 glass of orange juice. Why isn't Trudeau admonishing his ministers for spending tens of thousands of dollars on photos and limos? Is Trudeau just not ready to be a leader who can make decisive, tough decisions that benefit Canadians?

Of course he isn't. He's just not ready.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:No, however I am quick to point out blatant bias.

If that were actually true you would point out your own posts.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Get back on topic NOW. That means no more off-topic comments, personal insults or barbs thrown at each other.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

McKenna's office spent $17K on photographers for 15 events since November

CTVNews.ca Staff

Published Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:00PM EDT

More than $17,000 has been spent photographing Minister of Environment and Climate Change Catherine McKenna and her staff since the Liberals took office less than 10 months ago.

McKenna’s office points out that Conservative environment ministers who preceded her hired photographers too. They spent at least $99,000, but it was spread over eight years.

CTV News reported Monday that the minister’s office hired a photojournalist to shoot pictures of McKenna and her staff during the COP21 climate change conference in Paris in December. That cost taxpayers $6,792.91, according to her office.

Minister of Environment and Climate Change Catherine McKenna, left, takes a selfie with members of the Liberal cabinet in Sudbury, Ont., on Sunday, Aug. 21, 2016. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Nathan Denette)

(The department first told CTV News the amount was $6,662. Then it mistakenly said that figure was in Euros, which would have been $10,681. Finally, the department said the actual amount was $6,792.91).

It turns out it was only the priciest of 15 different events for which McKenna and her staff were photographed by contracted professionals, including:
$3,200 for the GLOBE Summit sustainability conference in Vancouver
$1,300 for a meeting with provincial environment ministers
$900 for a meeting between McKenna and the head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

McKenna said Tuesday that she was unaware of the cost of the Paris photographer and that her office is reviewing the policy under which it hired the photographer.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mckenna- ... -1.3041292

Unaware of the cost. This is key to why the Liberals are the wrong party to be running the country's finances. They are far more interested in posing for the cameras than in the cost of what they are doing. Pure incompetence.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”