3 hungry Liberals gulp down $12K in food in 2 weeks

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: 3 hungry Liberals gulp down $12K in food in 2 weeks

Post by Bsuds »

LiamHaddock wrote:288/3 meals = $96 a meal... drinks and snacks throughout the day and eating at restraunts in parris. It maybe a little high but doesn't surprise me it would work out that much...I mean I guess we could expect them to eat Kraft Dinner and McDonald's but they are in parris for work, no different than if at a conference here. They have to eat and they are working so they should not have to pay in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I could eat in Paris very well on less than $300 per day! If that's what these 3 spent on themselves (and only themselves) then they should be fired! Ridiculous!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

RedViking wrote:How much should they have spent? People need to eat so what figure would have pleased people here?

I dunno, how about up to the maximum amount stipulated in the Government of Canada Travel Directives perhaps?

City - Paris, Breakfast - $25.50, Lunch - $37.45, Dinner - $49.20, Meals Total - $112.15, Incidental Amount - $35.89, Grand Total (Taxes Included) - $148.04.

http://www.njc-cnm.gc.ca/directive/app_d.php?lang=eng&drv_id=39&country_id=73&country_name=France&city_name=Paris

I travelled for more than 25 years on Government business and always found the per diem rates to be very generous.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Jx3 wrote:

I dunno, how about up to the maximum amount stipulated in the Government of Canada Travel Directives perhaps?

City - Paris, Breakfast - $25.50, Lunch - $37.45, Dinner - $49.20, Meals Total - $112.15, Incidental Amount - $35.89, Grand Total (Taxes Included) - $148.04.

http://www.njc-cnm.gc.ca/directive/app_d.php?lang=eng&drv_id=39&country_id=73&country_name=France&city_name=Paris

I travelled for more than 25 years on Government business and always found the per diem rates to be very generous.
Yes but you weren't an entitled liberal.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

RedViking wrote:How much should they have spent? People need to eat so what figure would have pleased people here?

I will bet my pension that if it was out of their own pockets and not on the TAX PAYERS account, it might have been a little less!! In fact likely a lot less.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/federal-ad-spending-exceeds-projections/article16503725/

not even close to this waste of money. did you hate that too? or was it ok because it was done by your party?
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

sooperphreek wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/federal-ad-spending-exceeds-projections/article16503725/

not even close to this waste of money. did you hate that too? or was it ok because it was done by your party?
What does that have to do with the topic being discussed? Why do liberal fanbois always feel the need to deflect ? Is it that hard to face the fact that Trudeau and his liberal stooges are irresponsible with tax payers money? Why constantly defend the liberals and what they see as their entitlements? I couldn't imagine being a liberal sheep.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Waste is waste and that was a lot of waste over a whole lot of time. Hard to ignore or forget.
ALmost certain that money could have been better spend in some starving department.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Is it that hard to face the fact that Trudeau and his liberal stooges are irresponsible with tax payers money?

mind - blown. if you see a few thousand from catered eating events (where safety and security is important - so as not to have an international political incident or death of a politician) is an end of the world waste of money then there are serious problems. especially considering that there was a blind eye by conservative fanboys on commercials with taxpayer money of hundreds of millions of dollars. a couple of years of which the program wasnt even doing anything. but still spending money on commercials wasting money. im not deflecting at all. im asking for a little sanity and rational perspective. you are not going to get "caterers are us" who can be shady to feed foreign dignitaries and politicians. you are going to get the reputable one that you know will be bonded and safe. and that will cost money. take a chill pill about catered food. at least that money was enjoyed by people. as opposed to whiffed into nothingness like paying a media company to toot the horn of a political party and what they think is so great about what they did. 2 years before when they were actually doing something for a few years - we think....all on my taxpayers money! dont talk to me about fanboys if you are one yourself.
Augustine2016

Post by Augustine2016 »

only the poor cry over spilled milk these food bills from paris are spilled and spent already. Did they tip the servers out of their own pockets too?
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

sooperphreek wrote:
mind - blown. if you see a few thousand from catered eating events (where safety and security is important - so as not to have an international political incident or death of a politician) is an end of the world waste of money then there are serious problems. especially considering that there was a blind eye by conservative fanboys on commercials with taxpayer money of hundreds of millions of dollars. a couple of years of which the program wasnt even doing anything. but still spending money on commercials wasting money. im not deflecting at all. im asking for a little sanity and rational perspective. you are not going to get "caterers are us" who can be shady to feed foreign dignitaries and politicians. you are going to get the reputable one that you know will be bonded and safe. and that will cost money. take a chill pill about catered food. at least that money was enjoyed by people. as opposed to whiffed into nothingness like paying a media company to toot the horn of a political party and what they think is so great about what they did. 2 years before when they were actually doing something for a few years - we think....all on my taxpayers money! dont talk to me about fanboys if you are one yourself.
Again with the deflecting away from the topic of this thread,! Well done.!
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 26th, 2016, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Again with the deflecting away from the topic of this thread,! Well done.!

Again using this comment to avoid talking about or acknowledging the facts,! Well done.!
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

K_teela wrote:
Again using this comment to avoid talking about or acknowledging the facts,! Well done.!
This thread is about the liberals and the liberties they take with tax payer dollars, if you want to discuss something different then by all means start a different thread , but please quit deflecting away from this topic.
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:This thread is about the liberals and the liberties they take with tax payer dollars, if you want to discuss something different then by all means start a different thread , but please quit deflecting away from this topic.

Comparing current government habits to previous government habits is only natural, and it related. If you have a problem with our current government spending money on food, then you should also have a problem with our previous government spending money on food. Are you upset with our government spending as a whole?

Are you going to stop pretending the spending with the Conservatives didn't happen either? Lots of examples given here, but you hide from them by calling everything deflection or off-topic.

For once will one of the Conservatives acknowledge that their favoured party has done the same thing (them maybe the topic of government spending can actually be addressed), or are you going to keep pretending they don't and only the left wing parties are ever guilty of anything.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

It always amazes me that people traveling on Canada's ticket seem to think they are entitled to rack up the expenses. I think the per diem method should be adopted right across the board and that frill items like alcohol not be included.

People have to feed themselves while they are not traveling and cover the costs themselves to do that.
Having a travel 'allowance' where one can chose to add their own money to 'upgrade' I'm sure would bring down costs considerably. It's ridiculous that ANY government paid person, NO MATTER THE POLITICAL PARTY, can claim such lavish expenses. Canadians need to collectively demand that this comes to a stop!

I think people traveling on Canada's 'dime' should be required to eat the free breakfasts provided at their paid for lodgings and make their own brown paper bag lunches in the hotel kitchens before heading into their conference meetings...lol.

Canada could be the first to start a new trend for government travel standards. Think of the photo ops...SGT could have her picture taken while JT pecks her cheek with a kiss as she hands him his brown paper bag lunch she made herself. After all, she was reported at one time saying how much she enjoyed being a stay at home mom who made her kids school lunches. :up:
Last edited by Barney Google on Aug 26th, 2016, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Canada”