Native kids switched at birth

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Native kids switched at birth

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think they should just be happy of the findings and move on.
I get it if they were in their teens or something but at that age they all have a life of their own.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 8th, 2016, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*bump

Another two men finding they were switched at birth in a Manitoba hospital:
Edward Ambrose remembers wanting to be just like his father — a mentor, a hard worker, a proud family man.

More than sixty years later, Ambrose would receive shocking news. That man was not his father.

“When you come from a loving family and something like this comes, it destroys you,” Ambrose says from his home in Winnipeg.

Halfway across the country in Sechelt, B.C., Richard Beauvais, too, had his sense of identity upended. After facing racism and being sent to a residential day school, Beauvais would learn he was not Indigenous.

The 67-year-old men had been switched at birth.

Ambrose and Beauvais were born June 28, 1955, at a hospital in the community of Arborg, north of Winnipeg. Somehow, they went home with each other’s families.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/41 ... tal#411393

Can't possibly imagine the confusion and hurt and so many other emotions that these two are dealing with.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Interesting for sure. Stuff of novellas.

I wonder if the new non-native peep will be required to refund payments received back to the Govt, and if the newly minted Indigenous will be in for a cash windfall.

This story has repercussions
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Catsumi wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 12:19 pm Interesting for sure. Stuff of novellas.

I wonder if the new non-native peep will be required to refund payments received back to the Govt, and if the newly minted Indigenous will be in for a cash windfall.

I hadn't thought that far ahead but good points.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Fancy wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 1:21 pm
Catsumi wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 12:19 pm Interesting for sure. Stuff of novellas.

I hadn't thought that far ahead but good points.
If we only had good, investigative journalists to do a proper search for what gives
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”