Airshows too Violent and Traumatic for Refugees

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Airshows too Violent and Traumatic for Refugees

Post by Bsuds »

Kind of doesn't matter much when we are here (Kelowna) and they are held in Toronto.
I'm not going and you can't make me.

As for the Airshow I would love to see one. I used to watch the US Navy fighters practice landings for Aircraft Carriers all day long in the Philippines. It was so cool to see them touch and go. The go was straight up!!!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I agree it could be tramatic for them, perhaps Craig should take them all skiing that weekend.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

jimmy4321 wrote:I enjoy airshows but think they are a complete waste of money, maybe something from that past we can't afford in this day.

Yes. Yes, exactly!

Hard to justify flexing our biceps for the country to get hyped about our war machines. Better things to spedn our financial resources on, like helping addicts. :135:

driveangry wrote:So what's next, no more fireworks on Canada Day ???

Yes. Yes!!! I hate fireworks. They freak out my dog and fill the air with more polution and create noise that is unpleasant to some folks. I'm all for getting rid of them for the sake of considering my community members that are either triggered by them or disturbed on account of hearing sensitivities.
Fantastic idea driveangry.

the truth wrote:
what next ban hockey in canada ,because the odd hockey fight is to traumatic, what next :-X :-X

Absolutely astounding to see such great ideas spilling out of the forum. I also think the violence is uncalled for, unjustified and cause for a shutdown of the entire game. Yes. Great idea the truth. Love it.

the truth wrote:...might as well ban halloween too

Whaaaa???? Another wicked idea? Celebrating a bastardized version of a pagan ritual for the sake of giving bad candy to bratty kids is about as senseless as a numb foot, eh? You're on such a roll the truth

the truth wrote:might as well ban winter in canada too, might be a little too cold for them

Can we do this? I'm game for that! I loath the cold now. Makes my bones ache. Takes too much to keep a home warm. How do we get THIS great idea off the ground?

jimmy4321 wrote:I'm curious about the costs? Don't they have to replace a bunch of snowbirds?

Good point. Better ways to spend those resources. Yepper.

I do have to admit though:
I like airshows.
Also like watching tank exercises on the flatlands of our prairies.
APC patrols in artillery ranges.
SARTech training on the cliff faces of the Fundy.

So, yeah...I'd miss it all.
But I'd let it all go if I could see those resources and that money used better elsewhere.

Damn straight up.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

OMG - what is next? Like what isn't violent to these people who come from a society where it's seems to be normal to strap a ton of dynamite to your waist and blow up a train station full of innocent people? Give me a break Justin - your as much disassociated with reality as your old man.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

csm wrote:OMG - what is next? Like what isn't violent to these people who come from a society where it's seems to be normal to strap a ton of dynamite to your waist and blow up a train station full of innocent people? Give me a break Justin - your as much disassociated with reality as your old man.

What does Justin have to do with this particular opinion piece? (which, from what I can see, doesn't include any actual comments from refugees saying the airshow is too violent and traumatic for them).

Return to “Canada”