Airshows too Violent and Traumatic for Refugees

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Airshows too Violent and Traumatic for Refugees

Post by Dizzy1 »

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comment ... d-war.html

Apparently, airshows are too "traumatic" and "violent" for refugees ... Good grief! :200:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Airshows too Violent and Traumatic for Refugees

Post by jimmy4321 »

Willing or not Canadians have gone out of their way to accommodate refugees. I think they could return the favor and distract themselves or something for that week. I don't think anyone ever cared what Canadian war vets think of airshows otherwise we'd never have them.

I enjoy airshows but think they are a complete waste of money, maybe something from that past we can't afford in this day.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Aug 26th, 2016, 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

So what's next, no more fireworks on Canada Day ???
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Dizzy1 wrote:https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2016/08/25/air-show-too-traumatic-for-newcomers-who-escaped-war.html

Apparently, airshows are too "traumatic" and "violent" for refugees ... Good grief! :200:

what next ban hockey in canada ,because the odd hockey fight is to traumatic, what next :-X :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

driveangry wrote:So what's next, no more fireworks on Canada Day ???

guess not, might as well ban halloween too
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

driveangry wrote:So what's next, no more fireworks on Canada Day ???

might as well ban winter in canada too, might be a little too cold for them
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jimmy4321 wrote:Willing or not Canadians have gone out of their way to accommodate refugees. I think they could return the favor and distract themselves or something for that week. I don't think anyone ever cared what Canadian war vets think of airshows otherwise we'd never have them.

I enjoy airshows but think they are a complete waste of money, maybe something from that past we can't afford in this day.

last time i checked airshows were well liked and well attended, they can leave :cuss: :cuss: if its that bad here
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'm curious about the costs? Don't they have to replace a bunch of snowbirds?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think dear old Craig needs to blow it right out his *bleep*. That read a lot like "I don't like the air show so I'll invent an issue to whine about it"

What if the refugees don't like gay pride parades Craig, going to advocate they be shut down?.....ya thought not.

I personally find it a nuisance when the triathlon closes the exit from my neighborhood, but it's a good event to have and I support it, a little nuisance is not an issue.

People really need to get over themselves.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tickets start at $127.50 for each day and go up from there. Event is rain or shine - no refunds if show is cancelled.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I'm curious about the costs? Don't they have to replace a bunch of snowbirds?

They've been talking about replacing the CT114s for over a decade now - currently the plan is to extend their life for another 20 years.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Tickets start at $127.50 for each day and go up from there. Event is rain or shine - no refunds if show is cancelled.

Unlike most other airshows (Abbotsford for instance) , the Canadian International Airshow in Toronto is not held at an airport where they charge admission to get in and you can wander around and look at aircraft on static display. It is held over the Toronto waterfront so you can watch the show from pretty much anywhere for free.

The prices h2o is quoting are VIP tickets in exclusive premium viewing areas and include the $25 admission to the CNE and a host of other perks.

If you want to watch the airshow and don't want to shell out $127.50 or more, bring a blanket and sit 100' away from the VIP area and enjoy the same show for free (or, if on the CNE grounds, for $25).
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Oh, I know exactly where the airshow is. Why bother going to the CNE (way overpriced and crowded these days) when I could watch the practices or show from my deck. Or we took the 10 minute drive to the airport and watched them take-off, do their practices and then land.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote:Oh, I know exactly where the airshow is. Why bother going to the CNE (way overpriced and crowded these days) when I could watch the practices or show from my deck. Or we took the 10 minute drive to the airport and watched them take-off, do their practices and then land.

I'm guessing this is option:
pay $7.50 each for Toronto Island Ferry head to west end/Hanlan's point beach & watch
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

It is or you could go to Ashbridge's Bay Park, High Park or any of the smaller beaches/parks along Lake Shore Boulevard and watch from there.

Return to “Canada”