Notley ignores health & safety rules

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Notley ignores health & safety rules

Post by sooperphreek »

home owners and their kids are covered by their provincial medical. if it has nothing to do with work the point here is irrelevant. thats not to say that safety practices should go out the window. there is a huge emphasis on bringing the philosophies from the work place home. but its all about risk management and assessment. if a homeowner is hanging off the gutters by their hands cleaning windows they will eventually run out of luck and get burned. but if they are a rational considered distance from the edge of the roof edge and not in any real danger the original basis of the post is silly. the distinction in the NDP/notley case in regards to the farms is simple. they are at the end of the day a business. and as such should be under the safety principles and laws. especially considering that there are injuries on farms. most of the farms out there are part of associations or co ops essentially sub contracting like a business does to other contractors. as such they are a big business and need to follow safety. even if it is their 2nd cousin twice removed 2 generations back who is descended from uncle billy and his sister bertha because there were no white homesteaders around to get married to.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

In BC WCB/WorkBC has been part of Farming since early 80s, it was not NDP government in power at the time.
Who is Governing body at the time impo means nothing.

I was raised on a dairy farm, and yes many dangers are there. My parents taught each of us to have healthy respect for both animals & machinery. Funny enough each of us kids got injuries in school sports then ever on the farm.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

sooperphreek wrote:a homeowner doesnt need to act like an employee.

The person in the vid isn't a homeowner.

This person is an actor hired for the NDP's commercial.

When you hire people, you must obey OH&S rules. This person should have had a fall restraint system in place for the job she was hired for.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Please provide a link to a reputable source proving that the person is in fact an employee.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:.

I like my news to be dry, hard facts.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 30th, 2016, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try posting without personal insults.
Not afraid to say "It".
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

Rwede wrote:
The person in the vid isn't a homeowner.

This person is an actor hired for the NDP's commercial.

When you hire people, you must obey OH&S rules. This person should have had a fall restraint system in place for the job she was hired for.

source??
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Rwede wrote:When you hire people, you must obey OH&S rules. This person should have had a fall restraint system in place for the job she was hired for.

Bang on, Sir! We should remember too, that Notley screamed safety for family farm operations when she rammed through Bill 6, the Farm Unionization Act. So, even when people working on the farm were just members of the family and not employees, she justified her disgusting attack on farming families with the mantra that families had to follow safety rules, too. So hypocritical, so NDP.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Lol. Still no reputable source showing that the person is an employee. There is no discussion without that.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

It does not matter who he is he is not obeying the law. Notley does not care what people think, she knows she is a one trick pony so she is looking after her friends the unions.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

so.....looking after union supporters - bad.
looking after business supporters - good.
got it.
actually.....why is ok to support business and not unions again?
especially since alberta seemed to have no problem kissing up to business and industry for 40 years?
im confused where the moral high ground is here?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

You should learn to read, i never said anything about business, just notleys agenda. She is a smart person and sees the writing on the wall, something you can not.

Return to “Canada”